Every Ryan Tannehill throw Preseason Week 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Ryan Tannehill throw Preseason Week 2

[TWEET]766989795134275585[/TWEET]

Even Omar got that. The TD to Stills is one of the best throws I have ever seen Tannehill make.

Until my dying day I will maintain that Tannehill is a very good qb who year after year has tried to make the best of a ****ty situation in Miami.

He threw 4-5 good td passes last night and the receivers/te only bothered to catch two of them. On the plus side, in pass pro Tunsil looks damn good at LG. Tho we will be resetting yet again next year when Tunsil moves to LT :bobdole:

Until my dying day I will maintain that Tannehill is a very good qb who year after year has tried to make the best of a ****ty situation in Miami.

He threw 4-5 good td passes last night and the receivers/te only bothered to catch two of them. On the plus side, in pass pro Tunsil looks damn good at LG. Tho we will be resetting yet again next year when Tunsil moves to LT :bobdole:

The really sad thing is that finding an OG shouldn't be so terribly hard. Connor McGovern will be a quality starting OG by 2017, if not sooner, and Denver grabbed him in the 5th RD. At this point, it looks like the RD 1 and 2 picks will have to address DE and LB, so OG will have to be addressed in FA or the 3rd or 4th RD.

Good thread, OP! Training camp scripts have seem to emphasize our passing game and it looks like it's finally doing something. Obviously not so great in the run game, but if Gase can teach up pass pro, i'm sure we'll see improvement on the ground. Love hearing the commentator say, "Tannehill, with time..." That was a real good reel of film to review in the tape room. I hope Gase rips Tannehill apart for everything minor and major. Make him better.

The only questionable read Tannehill made was the 4th and goal pass to Stills. Otherwise he was great. Should have been 3 TDs if Cameron catches that pass. Nonetheless in a regular season game we take the FG. Offense scored 17 points even with the drop. Not bad.

I don't think it was a bad read. If you watch it again you will see that Stills is mugged when he makes his break in the back of the end zone and it threw the timing of the play off. The only thing you can maybe criticize Tannehill for on that play is that he had enough time in the pocket so if he would have held it for a tick longer, Stills might have broke free.

[TWEET]766801713827307521[/TWEET]

For one of the highest paid players on the team that is an absolute disgrace from Brandon ALbert - somehow our massively underrated punching bag of a qb still managed to make the play.

From the second we drafted Tunsil I thought he should be our LT and kick whats left of Albert into LG. I have not changed my view on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it was a bad read. If you watch it again you will see that Stills is mugged when he makes his break in the back of the end zone and it threw the timing of the play off. The only thing you can maybe criticize Tannehill for on that play is that he had enough time in the pocket so if he would have held it for a tick longer, Stills might have broke free.
I thought Stills was the right read there -- look at his other options -- but the throw could have been better maybe. Honestly, that looked like good defense.

I thought Stills was the right read there -- look at his other options -- but the throw could have been better maybe. Honestly, that looked like good defense.

Its the right read...he threw outside to singled up man routes two times in a row there correctly

Also. Can we please expel the myth that "LANDRY IS GOD, HE IS ONE OF THE BEST WRS IN THE NFL AND NEVER DROPS ANY PASSES!!!!" Landry is not a god, Landry is not even a number 1 WR, he is however a very good slot WR, one of the best slots in the NFL - but the passing game should not be build around him. We need parker to become our dominant WR

He also does not have the best hands in the world - he had more than a few silly stops last year and he managed to drop 2 touchdowns last night.

[TWEET]766808529508245504[/TWEET]

Step it up Jarvis - you are better than that. That was a terrific throw on the run by the qb (who was running for his life from multiple cowboys) the WR has to catch that.

___

[TWEET]766799062951604224[/TWEET]

#BLAMETANNEHILL

___

On a brighter note - this td was even more badass from this angle:

[TWEET]766809547310673920[/TWEET]

Last edited by a moderator:
The real issue is that the receivers half the time are getting 0 separation.

I think it make take Tanny a bit to get over the shell shock, that he may actually have time to go thru his progressions, and make some throws this year!

Back
Top Bottom