Every Ryan Tannehill throw Preseason Week 2 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Ryan Tannehill throw Preseason Week 2

The bad news is ANY NFL QB should be good when given time. The question is, HOW good? The good news is, against Dallas, the anti-Tannehill crowd has almost nothing to cite as evidence, except reverting to previous years when Gase wasn't here and the OL sucked. FWIW, I watched a few games the last few days. ALL QBs made bad reads/throws. ALL QBs 'didn't see' open receivers. ALL QBs stared down an occasional receiver. How will Tannehill do THIS year? I don't know, but without a baseline, I can make Brady look VERY bad.

That is something people miss, they see the highlights, or redzone, but rarely watch the entire game, at least with the same attention they give the Phins.

That is something people miss, they see the highlights, or redzone, but rarely watch the entire game, at least with the same attention they give the Phins.
Some also hang onto the memories of #13 expecting each QB that dons a Dolphins uniform to play like him. Unrealistic expectation. Tannehill needs an established running game to balance the offense and a good defense for the team to be successful. All QBs do.

Some also hang onto the memories of #13 expecting each QB that dons a Dolphins uniform to play like him. Unrealistic expectation. Tannehill needs an established running game to balance the offense and a good defense for the team to be successful. All QBs do.
More broadly, critics seem obsessed with Tannehill not being ELITE . . . as if the standard is "PManning or keep looking." And I'm SO tired of "can't carry the team on his back,' as if there has ever been a QB who could do that.

I love football. I watch a lot of football. I have the stupid NFL All-22 package and I watch the wide angle shots of games because I just think it's fun and interesting and enjoyable.

#13 is probably the best quarterback I have ever seen. The only guy who I've ever seen that I honestly think belongs in the same category is #12 in Green Bay. And I'll tell you this, #13 had a stretch of crummy seasons. #13 had the twilight of his career buried by Jimmy Johnson's ego. #13 never won a championship.

That's why I can never accept the QBWinz argument. I don't know how any Dolphins fan can accept that.

I love football. I watch a lot of football. I have the stupid NFL All-22 package and I watch the wide angle shots of games because I just think it's fun and interesting and enjoyable.

#13 is probably the best quarterback I have ever seen. The only guy who I've ever seen that I honestly think belongs in the same category is #12 in Green Bay. And I'll tell you this, #13 had a stretch of crummy seasons. #13 had the twilight of his career buried by Jimmy Johnson's ego. #13 never won a championship.

That's why I can never accept the QBWinz argument. I don't know how any Dolphins fan can accept that.

Yep, actual evidence that shows that regardless of how great your QB is, and Dan Marino was indeed great, that you need to have a competent team around them to have success.

Seems the most obvious thing in the world, but somehow it is not.

QBs? they have one or two bad games a year. RT has more bad games than good.

IMO there are about 10 QBs who can win the Superbowl.

I wish you'd realize elite QBs dont fall from trees. I wish you'd also realize, while RT isn't elite, he is damn good and you don't get rid of a damn good QB when you don't have an elite QB in your back pocket.

Yep, actual evidence that shows that regardless of how great your QB is, and Dan Marino was indeed great, that you need to have a competent team around them to have success.

This is true, but with Marino you were never out of a game regardless what was around him.

I don't think a tweet is worth posting another thread so I'll post this here since it's kind of a Tannehill discussion thread already.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/767725092193366017

Pro Football Focus (PFF) rated Tannehill has one of the top performers of pre season week 2 and THE top QB performer.

Funny enough Alfred Morris is the top RB performer after going against our defense.

The thing that stood out the most was the route designs.

Also, he's going thru progressions well too.

This. One thousand times over. It's like the routes are actually designed to create mismatches and open receivers.

Back
Top Bottom