EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 103 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Luckily we don’t have to choose cause we will see both this year

I don’t know why anyone would chose Fitz. There’s still a chance that it clicks this season for Tua and he starts lighting it up. We don’t know exactly how good Tua can be. He has shown glimpses of being a Really, Really good QB. We do know what we get with Fitz. Fitz will make some nice throws down the field, but he also turns it over a lot. Tua has gotten away with a few this season but so far he’s shown that he doesn’t.

I have a feeling, Fritz fan club is not happy today.

Then they aren't true Dolphins fans, which means I don't care if they're happy or not. The team won today, what is there not to like for any true Dolphin fan. I was happy last week, and I am happy this week.

I choose Tua AND playoffs. Fitz is 4-3 while Tua is 3-1...I know who gives me the best chance.

Tua is 4-1 and his 4 wins are against teams with the combined record of 19-28-1
Fitz is 4-3 against teams with a combined record of 6-41

If you could only have one, which one is more important this season, seeing positive development and growth from Tua or making the playoffs?

Your not thinking bid enough. Let me give you an example of what I mean.

Tua and making the playoffs.

There, that's better, much better - LOL

😄 have you seen our offense the last few weeks, with Fitz or Tua? We are not making a Cinderella playoff run. Our offense just isn't good enough yet. But 2021 with our draft capital, and free agency, and Tua getting this year's experience to carry over into 2021 and beyond, now that gets me pumped and that is more realistic with higher expectations.
For sure. Tua has 2 guys to throw to and no run game. Its criminal. The deep throw he made to grant would have been a 90 yard td and changed the lame espn hot take narrative on how good he is insantly, but grant is not a Christian kirk or similar talent. And i realize kirk is not an all pro, but the point is that we have no real talent at wr yet outside of Parker.

No guarantee Tua will get better. See Darnold, Marioda, Wentz, etc. Do you want to throw away a possible Cinderella season on playing a guy that may or not be better next year. Win now and let next year take care of itself. Tua gets mini camps, full training camp, preseason nexf yr and see what happens. I do know Firz is the better qb as of today and is more capable of pulling a Nick Folz down the stretch and into the playoffs than Tua. Next year is a totally different story.
Cinderella season? I mean Fitz being the starter doesn't get them anywhere. Tua's potential maybe gets them a little further. But either way this team is not winning a SB. I wouldn't consider making the playoffs and being one & done a cinderella season either. Tua is and should be the starter regardless....and lets see where it ends up. The experience he gains here will be invaluable imo.

Anyone advocating for Ryan Fitzpatrick to ever play QB again over a healthy Tua should have a permanent signature stating so attached to their posts, I’d prefer not to get banned from FH. A topic like this could get me banned in the future.

Also, if someone refers to RF as Fitzmagic you should have to immediately donate $10 to FH.

I reject the premise of either or...

Our D and ST is putting us into position to win games. Tua looks like he can manage games at this point to avoid the costly mistakes that kill our chances. Throw in a few big plays on O with some level of sustaining drives...we have a shot

Tua’s floor is just below Fitz’s ceiling.

the difference is, Fitz gets to his ceiling with reckless throws and luck. Tua’s floor is based on an over abundance of caution.

Tua without question. Love Fitz, but he's scotch tape for this franchise now. Ideal to have as a mentor and backup, but with his age and track record, we all know the post-season ceiling is low. Based on the average age on this roster and the direction the entire thing is headed, it would be so stupid to not play a healthy Tua. Also, when they went hurry up and put him in more control yesterday, I think we all got a glimpse of what's coming (if Gailey stays out of his way).

Back
Top Bottom