EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Literally no comparison.

He had more yards and more TD's in an era where passing was much more difficut.
I'm not sure a lot of younger fans realize how much different the game was then.

WRs had to, litterally, fight their way downfield.

Going over the middle on a regular basis was a concussion waiting to happen.

Even when the QB got rid of the ball on time, he was likely getting driven into the turf. Roughing was only called in the event of internal injury (OK that might be an overstatement. Not by far though).

That's just off the top of my head.

Point is, any comparison of eras is tenuous at best.

Last edited:
Grant may have a small catch radius, but generally he creates much more separation than any other target on the team.

I'm a Grant fan but not a fan of how we use him. Every week i'm watching players like T.Hill come in motion and essentially line up in the back field. He'll release and run various routes from that position. Extremely hard to defend and puts pressure on that DB and LB...I crave the day we do those sorts of creative motion with him instead of the tradition stuff. He's not a tradition reciever and i wish they'd stop treating him like one.

All his speed and quickness is wasted in this offense. Teams are going to let him get vertical! DBs and safety are play 10 yards off so where's the underneath, crossing stuff to take advantage of that space?

Exactly...which is why I don't understand why we saw limited action from Calloway. Calloway will see a lot more playing time this week which will open things up a bit

A mesh concept with Grant and Calloway is free yards. Every DB is giving Grant a 10 yard cushion with a safety on top.

I want to see more of Calloway as well. He might not turn out to be anything worth it but he has a better chance than any of the other "potential" recievers on the roster.

im just gonna give it to you real. Most those guys are jags. Perrys interesting but he probably needs time to develop his 2 way go route game from the slot.

he can make folks miss in tight spaces though.

The problem here... is that the Alabama squad over-promised.

Simply put, they told us that Tua was better than he is. He was immaculately accurate with his passes; his pre-snap reads were Godlike; he throws players open. "No," they said, "It isn't that he plays for a team that is much better than anyone else, it's that he's that good!"

Remember all that? Of course you do... In fact, many here who are not even Alabama fans bought into that crap. ...and that's what it was, crap. Now, they've backed themselves into a corner. Since their initial position was that Tua didn't need the help, now, when they have to argue that Tua needs weapons... or linemen... or that it is all Chan Gailey's fault, it rings hollow to those of us who live in a logic-based world.

They are back-sliding... playing CYA... and it's sad to watch. Especially from the ones who fancy themselves college football experts. Like Mel Kiper, they are being shown up... left on the stage to be belittled and chuckled at. ...and it kind of serves them right. The sheer degree of arrogance that many of them exhibited was just stunning.

That said, will Tua succeed? I think so, but what he is suffering from now is mostly the fact that his partisans built him up to an unreasonable level. My best advice... Next time they try to sell you on some Alabama prospect... take it with a chunk of salt.

Oh yeah... they were wrong about R. Davis too.
No overpromises. Things are on schedule. One bad game.

There's been a few times there's something open deep and he's not pulling the trigger. I don't know why but he needs to pull that trigger.
He went deep to an open Grant twice and missed both times. then he missed an open Parker too. Tua and the whole team was off from the start. Every player/team will have those games from time to time. People want too much too soon. I believe he'll be fine but of course time will tell. I agree that most passes he completed there was almost no room for error.

im just gonna give it to you real. Most those guys are jags. Perrys interesting but he probably needs time to develop his 2 way go route game from the slot.

he can make folks miss in tight spaces though.
I feel the same way. In my opinion and I obviously could be wrong but all these experiments at reciever will not pan out . Maybe Calloway. But hes already proven himself somewhat in Cleveland. I still think that we need to spend a first round pick on a reciever. Maybe not the first first round but the second first round I think we should.

I feel the same way. In my opinion and I obviously could be wrong but all these experiments at reciever will not pan out . Maybe Calloway. But hes already proven himself somewhat in Cleveland. I still think that we need to spend a first round pick on a reciever. Maybe not the first first round but the second first round I think we should.
We may need to spend a 1 and 2 on a WR.

We may need to spend a 1 and 2 on a WR.
Idk man I'd rather spend a 1 on a reciever and a 2 on a rb. I dont think they draft 2 receivers especially high. But hey I could be wrong. Either way we need a few weapons on offense.

Idk man I'd rather spend a 1 on a reciever and a 2 on a rb. I dont think they draft 2 receivers especially high. But hey I could be wrong. Either way we need a few weapons on offense.
We still have another 1 and 2 after spending a 1 and 2 on WRs

Chuba Hubbard should be available in the 3rd at 210 lbs

By Pro Football Focus’ count, rookie left tackle Austin Jackson allowed nine pressures, most of any NFL tackle on Sunday.

In the six games that Fitzpatrick started, the Dolphins averaged 354.3 yards of offense; that number is at 240 in Tua's four starts.

Tua has averaged 148 passing yards in his four starts while completing 61.9 percent of his passes on the season.

Miami also with Tua score far more points in the 1st half then Fitz, and went into the 2nd half with large enough leads, where Miami decided to mostly run the ball, and allow the clock to run.

The only close game other then this weeks loss, Tua was able to match The Cards and Kyler and then some...Maybe not as far as yards, but with points.

Miami also with Tua score far more points in the 1st half then Fitz, and went into the 2nd half with large enough leads, where Miami decided to most run the ball, and allow the clock to run.

The only close game other then this weeks loss, Tua was able to match The Cards and Kyler and then some...Maybe not as far as yards, but with points.
Isn't that the same as weeks 3, 5 and 6?

Isn't that the same as weeks 3, 5 and 6?

Well yes, Fitz was able to score early against the Jags and Jets, as well as the 49ers...But Tua has scored most of his 6 TDs early against teams like the Rams, Cardinals, and Chargers.

Back
Top Bottom