EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Comparing Tua, Burrow or herbert to Fitzpatrick is crazy.. all these qb have struggled. Flores made bad call by pulling Tua. I hope flores learn from it. now u putting more pressure on Tua to win. It seem like front office want Tua started and flores want Fitzpatrick to play.

All rookies need mentoring my friend.

That plus playing time is how they improve

Our QB coach had covid so it's up to Fitz to step in and help with some words of wisdom
Yes he does but his main problem is he need play on field and learn. Not watching every rookie up and down. Yall on here making big deal over rookie having one bad games.

Comparing Tua, Burrow or herbert to Fitzpatrick is crazy.. all these qb have struggled. Flores made bad call by pulling Tua. I hope flores learn from it. now u putting more pressure on Tua to win. It seem like front office want Tua started and flores want Fitzpatrick to play.
There is pressure on all NFL starting QB's to win...this isn't something new, the good ones will handle it the jags wont.

Tua being pulled for poor performance isn't something a pro athlete will crumble over...and if it is he's not the guy for the job.

let it play out...time will tell.

Yes he does but his main problem is he need play on field and learn. Not watching every rookie up and down. Yall on here making big deal over rookie having one bad games.

Not me. It's part of the learning process

Also remember Tua had no training camp and no exhibition games to get some experience
That would have certainly helped in this development

He was telling him right. This is the NFL when you won't have a lot of time to throw. You need to trust your talent and throw the ball. if you need to then get rid of it from time to time.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that Tua played well vs Arizona who had a depleted secondary. He is going through his reads and expecting to see options “college open” when that doesn’t always happen in the NFL. He has to get comfortable trusting his arm and just letting it rip if that is what the situation requires.

All rookies need mentoring my friend.

That plus playing time is how they improve

Our QB coach had covid so it's up to Fitz to step in and help with some words of wisdom
If you are talking about emotional support, relating relevant experiences, learning what it means to approach the job as a professional, etc then yes, very valuable.

If you are talking about technical workings of the system, ball placement depending on leverage and that type of thing, IDK. It really isn't Fitz's job or responsibility.

JMO

If you are talking about emotional support, relating relevant experiences, learning what it means to approach the job as a professional, etc then yes, very valuable.

If you are talking about technical workings of the system, ball placement depending on leverage and that type of thing, IDK. It really isn't Fitz's job or responsibility.

JMO

What the heck does Fitz Job/Responsibility have to do with the overall point?
Mentoring Tua is a shared responsibility and one that Fitz has apparently taking on as a role.
I don't understand this delination you're trying to make here.

The guy was having a tough game and Fitz wanted to share with him in games like this, under this amount of pressue, you gotta get rid of it fast.

Fitz is the 2nd and more experience QB and part of their job is to tell the guy on the field what they're noticing and possibly how to adjust.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMO

Correct it's the QB coach's job. Unfortunately we was missing the last few games I believe

As always my posts are just my opinion. You guys know the football stuff better than I do

Fitz is spot on. That has been my one criticism about Tua. He is playing it too safe, afraid to make a mistake. That results in mistakes like sacks, not getting first downs, not stretching the defense and 3 and outs.

Sure Fitz turns the ball over, but he has produced and at a high level with the Dolphins. In Comparison, the offense has been rather anemic under Tua.

I love Tua, but I won't for long if he turns into another Henne-Hill.

What the heck does Fitz Job/Responsibility have to do with the overall point?
Mentoring Tua is a shared responsibility and one that Fitz has apparently taking on as a role.
I don't understand this delination you're trying to make here.

The guy was having a tough game and Fitz wanted to share with him in games like this, under this amount of pressue, you gotta get rid of it fast.

Fitz is the 2nd and more experience QB and part of their job is to tell the guy on the field what they're noticing and possibly how to adjust.
I think most of what you are alluding to fits my point.

As far as having input on the sideline, it is exactly that. Input from teammates.

Fitz is not the final word there. If he is, our command structure is highly questionable. I'm a fan of collaboration, but also a fan of "the buck stops here". Someone has to be clearly in charge, and that isn't Fitz.

Like I posted, it's an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom