EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

I smelled that DVP int as soon as Fitz was put in. He did play valiantly, but I'm sure most fans saw that coming. Fitz is gonna Fitz.

Yep! That's the thing with Fitz and in many ways his conversation with Tua in that clip predicted it.
He pretty much said i'm throwing to my 1st or 2nd read..
Very likely, DVP was his first read and he was throwing to him no matter what.
It's very likely that someone was open somewhere else especially with the safety leaving his assignment to help cover DVP.

That's why i appreciate OC and QBs that undrestand situations.
DVP and Gesiciki are drawing the strongest coverage in those situations.
That's where you have to take advantage of softer coverage on the "unkown" guy to make a play.

Fitz is spot on. That has been my one criticism about Tua. He is playing it too safe, afraid to make a mistake. That results in mistakes like sacks, not getting first downs, not stretching the defense and 3 and outs.

Sure Fitz turns the ball over, but he has produced and at a high level with the Dolphins. In Comparison, the offense has been rather anemic under Tua.

I love Tua, but I won't for long if he turns into another Henne-Hill.
Fitz would not have won that AZ game, IMO. I think Tua was able to make plays Fitz would not have.
I just think that when the O-line falls apart, a rookie doesn't have answers and most vets dont either. Fitz just seems to be a special player amidst chaos but he isnt that great under normal circumstances. He's like a good bench player on a baseball team. Too many at-bats and they start going south.

I can't believe how many times I read that Tua is small but look at him standing next to Fitzpatrick. They are the same height. I never hear that Fitzpatrick is small. Another thing I'm sick of hearing is that Tua doesn't have a strong arm. It's just a bullsh*t myth that someone started and gets repeated by people that just don't know what they are looking at. Tua doesn't have the strongest arm in the league but it is plenty strong enough. He is right about in the middle of the league in arm strength. Tua is very good at knowing how to throw with touch when it's called for or when he has to fire the ball in there to get the completion. The biggest issue so far with Tua is what Fitzpatrick talked to him about in this clip. He is just not used to seeing everyone so completely covered all the time and his internal clock has to speed up. I'm confident with more reps and experience Tua will be fine.

Tua dont need mentoring..He need get used too playing in nfl..that mentoring bs over..he either go make it or he is not going make it in nfl. Fitzpatrick have proved he belong in nfl Tua need proved that to us..
You HAD to purposely butcher all those tenses and grammar on purpose.

But yeah, rookies don't need all that mentoring/coaching bs..., "that mentoring bs over". Fitz proved he go make it, especially with all his postseason success.

Well according to some stats hes being the most aggressive passer lol. No separation. However I do think the OC is being too conservative often.

That’s one interpretation of the stats.

Another would be he hasn’t stretched the defense showing he is willing to go over the top so they are playing tight coverage as he is throwing short.

83 yards on 11 completions, 20 attempts, 6 sacks surely doesn’t indicate aggressiveness.

Fitzpatrick had 117 yards on 12 completions, 18 attempts, 0 sacks against the same defense with the same receivers and at least gave Miami a chance to win.

Why do you think Flo pulled Tua? It wasn’t because he was being aggressive.

And I have posted many times Miami should spend 2 of their top 4 picks on WRs that don’t have separation anxiety, but until then he has to deal with what available.

I haven’t lost faith in Tua, but to say Tua has been aggressive to this point is ludicrous.

That was the message I heard Fitz telling Tua, if you haven’t been able to move the ball all game take some shots and give the receivers a chance.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports Tagovailoa jammed his left thumb on a helmet in practice Wednesday. Tagovailoa is left-handed, so it’s his throwing thumb.

However, Pelissero adds that “early indications are it’s nothing serious.”

Fitz would not have won that AZ game, IMO. I think Tua was able to make plays Fitz would not have.
I just think that when the O-line falls apart, a rookie doesn't have answers and most vets dont either. Fitz just seems to be a special player amidst chaos but he isnt that great under normal circumstances. He's like a good bench player on a baseball team. Too many at-bats and they start going south.
You don’t know that. That is just making s**t up!

Miami put up 43 in SF. You probably would be saying the same thing if Tua played that game, yet it was Fitz.

The Dolphins have averaged 26.7 ppg when Fitz starts and the offense only scored 27 against the Cards. It isn’t unrealistic to think Miami could have won that game. We simply will never know.

Last edited:
Football players get injured in this sport.

Some of you have got to relax the overreaction.

Have a few beers talk with your family.
Nonsense. Inquiring minds need to know how much undigested corn Tua passes after Thanksgiving dinner........

You don’t know that. That is just making s**t up!

Miami put up 43 in SF. You probably would be saying the same thing if Tua played that game, yet it was Fitz.

The Dolphins have averaged 26.7 ppg when Fitz starts and the offense only scored 27 against the Cards. It isn’t unrealistic they think Miami could have won that game. We simply will never know.
Stop it. Just stop with the ludicrous posting of reality.

Where's the controversy in that?

You HAD to purposely butcher all those tenses and grammar on purpose.

But yeah, rookies don't need all that mentoring/coaching bs..., "that mentoring bs over". Fitz proved he go make it, especially with all his postseason success.
You're right in your message but hell you've been here for over 10 years. You should know that English is wildmans second language by now.

If I was Tua, I would feel that was condescending. As he stood there getting benched, Im pretty sure his brain and 20 other coaches told him what Fitz said to him there.
If Tua was not interested in hearing advice from a guy, journeyman or otherwise, who has managed to stay in the NFL into his late 30s that would concern me more than anything I've seen on the field. If Fitz is telling him to tie his cleats differently, he should humbly listen. Generational talent or not, he need to soak in what it takes to be a pro and then work it for himself.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that Tua played well vs Arizona who had a depleted secondary. He is going through his reads and expecting to see options “college open” when that doesn’t always happen in the NFL. He has to get comfortable trusting his arm and just letting it rip if that is what the situation requires.
I agree. I think that has to do with several games where we played teams who had corners out. It really speaks about our wideouts a lot Our wideouts get no separation. None. This bodes well for us against jets cause their corners have all been replaced and we’re not great to start with. We been fortunate against niners , Rams minus Ramsey, cards missing slot corner and Dre Kirkpatrick.
When jets blitz and they will. It will stress their back end more. Bring it on!

You're right in your message but hell you've been here for over 10 years. You should know that English is wildmans second language by now.
I agree. He gets his point across fine for me. So what if it takes an extra two seconds to assess the context of the grammar......

I agree. He gets his point across fine for me. So what if it takes an extra two seconds to assess the context of the grammar......
I agree with you 100%, even though I don't always agree with wildman's opinions all the time. I believe that his passion for the dolphins can't be argued by anybody on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom