EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Fitz is spot on. That has been my one criticism about Tua. He is playing it too safe, afraid to make a mistake. That results in mistakes like sacks, not getting first downs, not stretching the defense and 3 and outs.

Sure Fitz turns the ball over, but he has produced and at a high level with the Dolphins. In Comparison, the offense has been rather anemic under Tua.

I love Tua, but I won't for long if he turns into another Henne-Hill.

Well according to some stats hes being the most aggressive passer lol. No separation. However I do think the OC is being too conservative often.

Well according to some stats hes being the most aggressive passer lol. No separation. However I do think the OC is being too conservative often.

Well, it's not like he has a lot of options most of the time. Its either a tight window, or throw it away.

He has missed some open receivers though, both on throws, or just not seeing them.

Part of the conservative approach has a lot to do with not having a clean pocket.

Chan can't call plays that take 3.5 seconds to develop, when the pocket collapses in 2.5.

From TheScore:

MIAMI (AP) — Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa was limited in practice Wednesday with a previously undisclosed injury to the thumb on his throwing hand.

If I was Tua, I would feel that was condescending. As he stood there getting benched, Im pretty sure his brain and 20 other coaches told him what Fitz said to him there.

If I was Tua, I would feel that was condescending. As he stood there getting benched, Im pretty sure his brain and 20 other coaches told him what Fitz said to him there.

That might have happened before the benching :shrug:

Probably did for sure

Just good advice from a vet who has been there before before to try and help

IDK if I would, necessarily, agree about it being condescending.

It could be construed that way, but it really depends on thier relationship.

Man what a PERFECT teaching point by Fitz. This was absolutely one of those games where the OL just couldn't hold up and your 1st and 2nd reads are the best reads.

It looked like Tua was trying to go through multiple progressions(as he normally does) before throwing the ball.

You can also see the difference as soon as Fitz came in he let the ball go immediately and that's why he looked so much more polished out there.

Ofcourse Denver became aware of that early and the Parker interception is a consquence.
I smelled that DVP int as soon as Fitz was put in. He did play valiantly, but I'm sure most fans saw that coming. Fitz is gonna Fitz.

You always need a mentor... even when you are at the top of your craft, there are others from whom you can learn. I had a lengthy career in two different fields, and I never stopped learning new things, new ideas. When you stop listening, you stop growing. Fitz may not be better than an average NFL QB, but he's wise... it's the only reason that he's lasted this long with marginal skills.

Back
Top Bottom