EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Fitzpatrick has been on some pretty crappy teams in those 15 years and I think what hurt him most about being benched is that he was playing for a team that was pretty decent and coming along . Tua is young and I do believe he will get better and suceed. We are in the 2nd year of a team rebuild so I'm going to trust Flores on this.

Some posters would have given Tua #13
And I thought the Tannehill lovers and haters were bad... my goodness. Its seems like the Tua lovers just can not accept the fact that their enshrined player may not be as good as they think he is. If he is cool, if not, let's move on asap like AZ did.

And I thought the Tannehill lovers and haters were bad... my goodness. Its seems like the Tua lovers just can not accept the fact that their enshrined player may not be as good as they think he is. If he is cool, if not, let's move on asap like AZ did.
I agree! I like Tua, great kid and I wish more NFL players conducted themselves like Tua. But he doesn’t look like a NFL level talent. Miami needs to draft another QB. If Tua works out then great, if not we have another.

Yall dont even realize how much you contradict yourselves. Again, the other rooks have not been in the league for 15 years longer, but they are putting up the numbers and yall say its because they have a better surrounding cast. Tua is not and yall say its because his surrounding cast, but Fitz, the dude yall say sucks and is a waste of time, can come in and move the ball with ease... so again, what is that telling you?

It tells you exactly what people here who have been criticizing Tua for are right... he needs a perfect situation to be good. A situation like he had in Alabama. Otherwise dude cant play. Im not saying he couldn't grow out of that but... the people critiquing that weakness about him are exactly right. And the ones who love Tua so much that he can do no wrong can never admit that. Sheesh
Yet Fitz is lighting it in fire 3-3 and Tua is 3-1 who needs everything right again??

I've never been especially anti-Tua... now, being anti-Tua cultist?

Guilty.

I'm so ashamed.

Yet Fitz is lighting it in fire 3-3 and Tua is 3-1 who needs everything right again??
Whatever man. Tell me you weren't riding high on the three wins in a row with Fitz back there... the team, the fans and the media were. So if you weren't then you'd be the only one. Good for you bro

Whatever man. Tell me you weren't riding high on the three wins in a row with Fitz back there... the team, the fans and the media were. So if you weren't then you'd be the only one. Good for you bro

Tua won 3 in a row, Fitz won 2 in a row. The team was riding so high after those wins that we promptly replaced him right afterwards. I love Fitz, he’s from my hometown and he’s easy to root for. He just isn’t taking us anywhere important and is stunting the development of our team, whether it is with Tua or not.

Well apparently all you did was pay attention to the media and are all their bullshit about how real great Fitzpatrick was playing. Let me guess you're another stat line watcher or Twitter hound, because apparently you didn't watch the games if you think fitz won three games in a row. And outside of the San Francisco game, Fitzpatrick left a ton of plays on the field with his noodle arm. Love the dude, I don't deny that but he is in our future.

Yall dont even realize how much you contradict yourselves. Again, the other rooks have not been in the league for 15 years longer, but they are putting up the numbers and yall say its because they have a better surrounding cast. Tua is not and yall say its because his surrounding cast, but Fitz, the dude yall say sucks and is a waste of time, can come in and move the ball with ease... so again, what is that telling you?

It tells you exactly what people here who have been criticizing Tua for are right... he needs a perfect situation to be good. A situation like he had in Alabama. Otherwise dude cant play. Im not saying he couldn't grow out of that but... the people critiquing that weakness about him are exactly right. And the ones who love Tua so much that he can do no wrong can never admit that. Sheesh
Tua is four games into his rookie season on an offense severely deficient of talent. Of course a 15 year veteran QB who isn't complete garbage is going to look better than a rookie QB at this point. The other rookie QB's have better situations than Tua. Burrow is just about to turn 24 years old and is almost two years older than Tua and was playing with one of the better group of skill position players in the league. Herbert also has a much better group of skill position plyers surrounding him and he too played his senior season of college football while Tua came into the league after his junior season. It's way too early to make any proclamations on Tua's career, or any other rookie's career for that matter.
Stop with your exaggerations about people claiming Tua can do nothing wrong. No one is saying that. We are just saying to people like you, who seem to be getting joy out of Tua's struggles so you can say "see I told you so", that you don't want to acknowledge the circumstances and are not seeing the big picture. if you want the height of success for this organization and the ability to sustain it, your best hope lies with Tua developing into the player many of us hope he can be and not with Fitzpatrick. I'm willing to accept the short termed pain for the long term gain. If Tua is a failure, this franchise will be set back at least another 3 to 5 years trying to get the QB situation right.

Really? Only four games into his rookie season. Okay :rolleyes:
Yes...4 games into his rookie season.

The other QBs drafted in the top 10 were supposedly levels below Tua as a QB. They seem to have gotten the position together in a much shorter time period. Before you say something to the effect of "Look at their respective records," I'll point you to the fact that we have better defense and ST unit than the other two QBs. If Borrow and Herbert were here putting up those numbers we'd be tied for the lead in the AFC East, and maybe even in the lead. If Tua was in Cincy or LA putting up the numbers he put up...they'd be in the top 5 on draft day.

"Transcendent" and "Generational" were bandied about here on Finheaven like breadcrumbs ina pigeon-coop. That is obviously not the case...at least not to the naked eye. Put our elf back on the shelf and pull him out next season. It worked for one generational talent...it might be the trick for Tua.

Tua won 3 in a row, Fitz won 2 in a row. The team was riding so high after those wins that we promptly replaced him right afterwards. I love Fitz, he’s from my hometown and he’s easy to root for. He just isn’t taking us anywhere important and is stunting the development of our team, whether it is with Tua or not.
Explain in detail how Fitzpatrick is stunting the growth of a team in the 2nd year of a rebuild...

I added enough extra to make it easy for a detailed explaination.

The only reason an actual Dolphins fan would want Fitzpatrick in over Tua is because they have a personal vendetta of wanting to be "right" about Tua.

You hate to see it.

Back
Top Bottom