EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Explain in detail how Fitzpatrick is stunting the growth of a team in the 2nd year of a rebuild...

I added enough extra to make it easy for a detailed explaination.
I started typing out an answer for you then realized that no matter what I, or anyone else, say you’ll just dismiss it. The truth is that you have a closed mind when it comes to Tua. You made your decision and are stuck in your stance for the long haul. Best of luck with that.

The only reason an actual Dolphins fan would want Fitzpatrick in over Tua is because they have a personal vendetta of wanting to be "right" about Tua.

You hate to see it.
So are you comfortable about Tua's ability to lead this team as it relates to playoff positioning...or have we been so out of the playoff loop that it escapes you that until Tua laid a turd against Denver, we were the Wildcard team?

I started typing out an answer for you then realized that no matter what I, or anyone else, say you’ll just dismiss it. The truth is that you have a closed mind when it comes to Tua. You made your decision and are stuck in your stance for the long haul. Best of luck with that.
I'll only dismiss it if it can't be substantiated with anything but fanatical drivel...

I'll make it easier...two underhanded softballs.

1. How does Tua give us the best chance to win the game and stay in the playoff race?
  2. Do you even care that we are in a playoff race?
For the record, I support Tua in his development. The problem is that it's hard to see his development especially in the backdrop of trying to be the wildcard.

I'll only dismiss it if it can't be substantiated with anything but fanatical drivel...

I'll make it easier...two underhanded softballs.

1. How does Tua give us the best chance to win the game and stay in the playoff race?
  2. Do you even care that we are in a playoff race?
What does making it to the playoffs then likely getting embarrassed by one of the AFC’s top teams in round one accomplish exactly? How does it help us in the future? The purpose of getting to the playoffs shouldn’t be a once in a decade goal. The goal should be to be competing for a championship every year. So again, I’ll ask you how does making the playoffs with a journeyman qb help this franchise more than determining if we have the right guy going forward? Wouldnt it be nice to have a better idea of this before April’s draft? Or does getting our butts kicked in round 1 really mean that much to you?

This is the dumbest thing the dolphins have ever done. They will ruin Tua's career with this. Let the kid play and get better and better.
If he's that weak mentally, he doesn't belong playing at this level. I agree to let him play, but that's Coach's decision and either Tua will learn from it or we'll be looking for a new QB in short order. If he can't handle being benched, he can't handle the mental rigors of the game at a professional level. It's all business now, college coddling time is over...

What does making it to the playoffs then likely getting embarrassed by one of the AFC’s top teams in round one accomplish exactly? How does it help us in the future? The purpose of getting to the playoffs shouldn’t be a once in a decade goal. The goal should be to be competing for a championship every year. So again, I’ll ask you how does making the playoffs with a journeyman qb help this franchise more than determining if we have the right guy going forward? Wouldnt it be nice to have a better idea of this before April’s draft? Or does getting our butts kicked in round 1 really mean that much to you?
You have yet to answer the question(s). Trying to get somebody else in the peanut gallery frothy enough to enter they post won't change the fact that you couldn't say why Tua gives us the best chance of making the playoffs...or maybe you did, when you said that making the playoffs doesn't mean anything if we do it with Fitzpatrick.

That could mean that you are a Tua fan and not a Dolphin fan. Tua could and should have sat his porcelain doll a** on the sideline for the rest of the season...much like Mahomes did and we could have a full season (training camp, preseason, year of tutelage under his belt). Now that he's being exposed as possibly the greatest system QB to ever fool fools, his fanbase is telling us to just accept being doormats because we've been doormats for so long.

Respond...get your pound of flesh. Then I can put you on ignore so I don't have to hear you "girling" all game in the game thread.

Tua is four games into his rookie season on an offense severely deficient of talent. Of course a 15 year veteran QB who isn't complete garbage is going to look better than a rookie QB at this point. The other rookie QB's have better situations than Tua. Burrow is just about to turn 24 years old and is almost two years older than Tua and was playing with one of the better group of skill position players in the league. Herbert also has a much better group of skill position plyers surrounding him and he too played his senior season of college football while Tua came into the league after his junior season. It's way too early to make any proclamations on Tua's career, or any other rookie's career for that matter.
Stop with your exaggerations about people claiming Tua can do nothing wrong. No one is saying that. We are just saying to people like you, who seem to be getting joy out of Tua's struggles so you can say "see I told you so", that you don't want to acknowledge the circumstances and are not seeing the big picture. if you want the height of success for this organization and the ability to sustain it, your best hope lies with Tua developing into the player many of us hope he can be and not with Fitzpatrick. I'm willing to accept the short termed pain for the long term gain. If Tua is a failure, this franchise will be set back at least another 3 to 5 years trying to get the QB situation right.
Listen brother, im in no way trying to say "I told you so". Of course I want Tua to be the one... im effing so sick of watching garbage football on this team. This org has way to rich of a history to be in this long of a slump. Also, how can you say im exaggerating about this Tua argument??? Have you not been in all of these threads going back and forth and reading all of it? Whether you like him or not its true, Tua is a God to some here, others are crossing their fingers hoping and others are not on the train. Of course I want him to be good but im going to critique him when its deserved. I could care less what his college career was like.

I'm with Coach Flo because I know where he's coming from. You play the players that give you the best chance to win, period. If not you pull his ass. Its that simple. In Tuas case, I think someone in the org, other than flo wanted to see Tua out there. Not saying its true its just what I think. And I am with most on here thinking its better to see what we got in the kid because if its nothing, I want to draft another qb next year.

So are you comfortable about Tua's ability to lead this team as it relates to playoff positioning...or have we been so out of the playoff loop that it escapes you that until Tua laid a turd against Denver, we were the Wildcard team?

Wait, you don’t think we’re going anywhere in the “playoff race” do you?

when u do what you did, pulling tua in the 4th like that and not sticking with him...you now make him ultra conservative...he will now make the bare minimum safe throws and not take any chances cuz you shortened his leash so much so hes being overly careful

Wait, you don’t think we’re going anywhere in the “playoff race” do you?
Dunno...

What i do know is that if we leave Tua in there and he keeps up the bad work...our pick might very well come before the Texans pick.

You have yet to answer the question(s). Trying to get somebody else in the peanut gallery frothy enough to enter they post won't change the fact that you couldn't say why Tua gives us the best chance of making the playoffs...or maybe you did, when you said that making the playoffs doesn't mean anything if we do it with Fitzpatrick.

That could mean that you are a Tua fan and not a Dolphin fan. Tua could and should have sat his porcelain doll a** on the sideline for the rest of the season...much like Mahomes did and we could have a full season (training camp, preseason, year of tutelage under his belt). Now that he's being exposed as possibly the greatest system QB to ever fool fools, his fanbase is telling us to just accept being doormats because we've been doormats for so long.

Respond...get your pound of flesh. Then I can put you on ignore so I don't have to hear you "girling" all game in the game thread.

Wtf is “Girling”

Also since you asked, the playoffs this year don’t mean anything to me if it’s with Fitz. I just see it the same as when Matt Moore limped us in a few years back. With Tua there’s valuable playoff experience to help him in what is hopefully a long career.

I think Tua and Fitz have a pretty even likelihood of finish the year with the same amount of wins.

Finally my apologies for upsetting you, I thought it was just lively banter, nothing personal.

Or

It seems there is a troubling dichotomy that exists on this board, and I would imagine in Dolphin nation.

Should we risk tanking the season to see if Tua is the Fool's gold he has presented himself ton be up to this point?

Should we attempt to play a more experienced Fitzpatrick in order to make the playoffs...and get booted the 1st game, keeping in mind that we've only been to the playoffs 4 times in the past two decades.

It's disheartening to see such defeatist attitudes from people who watch Dolphin games.

It reminds me of a dog that's been kicked so much that he knows he had better not try to change his station.

He already told you you hard head. For him, and most people who aren't as short sighted as you are, it's not about making it to the playoffs this year. It's about building a championship caliber team and that wouldn't include a 37 year old journeyman QB who has never won a playoff game in his life. If you are too dense to figure out that Miami's success rides on Tua developing into a franchise QB that's on you.

It's a tough question... and I'm not sure the answer is binary.

Neither answer may be entirely correct.

Tua hasn't looked good, but to be honest, I'm not sure that continuing to start him would be helpful for him. Sometimes... when you put a rookie into a situation where they fail, it just sets them back even further. David Carr... poor SOB...

...and starting Fitz is no guarantee that it helps us into the playoffs. Realistically, we need 4 more wins.

Back
Top Bottom