Everytime Thill Has A Chance To Lead Us Near The Playoffs He Folds | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everytime Thill Has A Chance To Lead Us Near The Playoffs He Folds

Nick Foles is one of my favorite players in the league to root for but he has shown he can't really be successful outside of Philadelphia. He's not a QB you can put anywhere to have success. He's a good QB when there is a good system to get the ball to playmakers, which he has had in two different stints with the Eagles. We don't have that.

A new coaching staff can bring that to this team. Gase's staff has been atrocious this season at putting players in the best position to succeed. I doubt Foles would want to come to the Dolphins to be a starter for one year to make way for a young guy to take over in 2020 or 2021. Foles most likely wants a chance to be a starter for several years on a new team. With Carson Wentz's long term health possibly in question due to his back injury, the Eagles would be wise to try to keep Foles.

People still make excuses for Tannehills subpar playing and blame injuries for it, Andrew Luck missed almost 2 years of football with a potentially career ending shoulder injury and was instantly better than Tannehill has ever been even though he was throwing nerf footballs 5 months ago.

A new coaching staff can bring that to this team. Gase's staff has been atrocious this season at putting players in the best position to succeed. I doubt Foles would want to come to the Dolphins to be a starter for one year to make way for a young guy to take over in 2020 or 2021. Foles most likely wants a chance to be a starter for several years on a new team. With Carson Wentz's long term health possibly in question due to his back injury, the Eagles would be wise to try to keep Foles.

A new coaching staff can bring a different offensive system but after all the players the Gase got rid of our failed to develop we're pretty much starting at square one when it comes to playmakers. There are some QB's who don't have all the tools but they play competitively and know how to give their players a chance. Matt Moore was one and Foles is another. When you strip these guys of playmakers there is nobody for them to throw contested balls too and they don't manage.

It's not as if I'm just speculating when it comes to Foles. He's already had chances elsewhere.

Get rid of Tannehill and start who? I'm fine with drafting QB but I think you keep him until you have a better option. I would like us to take away the play calling from Gase and get an EXPERIENCED DC. Until today this team overcame a lot of adversity. Every team has injuries but ours were pretty key pieces.

Ya, this is the killer. I wonder what would have happened in 2016 had he stayed healthy down the stretch.
I honestly don’t think we win both of those division games. Our PPG and QBR went UP aim those 3 1/4 games Moore played.

A new coaching staff can bring a different offensive system but after all the players the Gase got rid of our failed to develop we're pretty much starting at square one when it comes to playmakers. There are some QB's who don't have all the tools but they play competitively and know how to give their players a chance. Matt Moore was one and Foles is another. When you strip these guys of playmakers there is nobody for them to throw contested balls too and they don't manage.

It's not as if I'm just speculating when it comes to Foles. He's already had chances elsewhere.

This team has quite a few playmakers. Gase has failed to use guys to their strengths. Good coaching can piece together and coach up an average offensive line. Look at teams like New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh coaching up guys. No team has All Pros filling their rosters. Good coaches play guys to thier strengths. Good coaches develop young talent. Gase and his staff have failed miserably at that. A new staff ,if competent, would IMO get a lot more out of the current roster. A new smart front office would be able to add more talent in one offseason. Just because Foles failed under other incompetent staffs and the Dolphins current staff has been incompetent doesn't mean that the next staff would fail in the same way and that Foles could not succeed under another competent staff. I doubt that Foles will sign with the Dolphins. However I am hoping that Ross finally hires someone with a clue to run the team and we finally get legit coaches to utilize and develop the talent currently on the team.

This team has quite a few playmakers. Gase has failed to use guys to their strengths. Good coaching can piece together and coach up an average offensive line. Look at teams like New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh coaching up guys. No team has All Pros filling their rosters. Good coaches play guys to thier strengths. Good coaches develop young talent. Gase and his staff have failed miserably at that. A new staff ,if competent, would IMO get a lot more out of the current roster. A new smart front office would be able to add more talent in one offseason. Just because Foles failed under other incompetent staffs and the Dolphins current staff has been incompetent doesn't mean that the next staff would fail in the same way and that Foles could not succeed under another competent staff. I doubt that Foles will sign with the Dolphins. However I am hoping that Ross finally hires someone with a clue to run the team and we finally get legit coaches to utilize and develop the talent currently on the team.

Nick Foles didn't play that well under Andy Reid. Every QB plays well under Andy Reid.

Nick Foles didn't play that well under Andy Reid. Every QB plays well under Andy Reid.

Ugh, didn’t he have a year with Reid where he threw only 2 INTs for an entire season?

Get rid of Tannehill and start who? I'm fine with drafting QB but I think you keep him until you have a better option. I would like us to take away the play calling from Gase and get an EXPERIENCED DC. Until today this team overcame a lot of adversity. Every team has injuries but ours were pretty key pieces.

I think at this point, I would take a look at Foles up in Philly who I think is going to be a FA.

One thing I will say in support of Tannehill however, is on the opening drive, you can clearly see how well he performs in situations where the play calling is scripted and everyone knows what they are supposed to do. 3 of the last 4 starts the he has had outstanding opening drives using the scripted plays rehearsed throughout the week. However, once the game becomes "live" and the situation on the field dictates the plays, RT and Gase can't seem to get it right.

I like Tannehill and think he has some good qualities, but I'm in favor of making a change at this point. Will likely be good for the Fins and for Tannehill.

If y'all remember back when the Dolphins were on Hard Knocks...there was a clip in the QB room when Matt Moore painfully laughed and rolled his eyes when Tannehill expressed that he didn't know who was in the Dolphins division or any of the divisions for that matter. What QB doesn't know what teams are in what division. He was laughable then.....he's laughable now. RT has some talent but he's clueless and always folds under pressure. He better be out the door in 2019. I'd have been happy with anyone else at the helm.

And somehow that moment was dismissed around here as meaningless. Unbelievable. I think I was one of the few who was insisting how significant it was. We're pretending a guy will care when obviously he doesn't care. He's never been great partially because it never dawns on him that he could be great, and he doesn't take the extra steps just in case the opportunity presents itself.

Jogging off the field on 4th and 3 down 21-0 last week is no different than not bothering to learn the divisions. This goof just accepts whatever he finds in his locker the next day.

Like it or not, Tannehill will be the starter next year, they won't make a play for Bridgewater or Foles.

Back
Top Bottom