Everytime Thill Has A Chance To Lead Us Near The Playoffs He Folds | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everytime Thill Has A Chance To Lead Us Near The Playoffs He Folds

I think at some point you have to give a young guy a chance to start, not some free agent. Luke Falk would have the inside track unless we go big in the first or second. Draft another guy as insurance no matter what.

I think at some point you have to give a young guy a chance to start, not some free agent. Luke Falk would have the inside track unless we go big in the first or second. Draft another guy as insurance no matter what.

All we know about Falk is that he wasn't good enough to be kept around on the team that drafted him, I don't see where that translates to him being starter material. We all think it can't be worse until we go over a month without an offensive touchdown.

People still make excuses for Tannehills subpar playing and blame injuries for it, Andrew Luck missed almost 2 years of football with a potentially career ending shoulder injury and was instantly better than Tannehill has ever been even though he was throwing nerf footballs 5 months ago.
No mention of better oline or coaching though? Guess colts D is just as bad as the dolphins right? Seems like the excuses continue for oline and coaching.

Like it or not, Tannehill will be the starter next year, they won't make a play for Bridgewater or Foles.
Source? Oh yeah you don’t have one. Teams don’t clean house and then keep a 7 year QB who is regarded as bottom 20 in the league. New coaching staff/GM will be getting their own guy.

Falk is an unknown commodity at this point. You want to go into next year with him and a draft pick as your starter? Where exactly in the draft do you want to take a QB?

Source? Oh yeah you don’t have one. Teams don’t clean house and then keep a 7 year QB who is regarded as bottom 20 in the league. New coaching staff/GM will be getting their own guy.

Just my opinion guy. Just like you with your new coaching staff

Just my opinion guy. Just like you and your new coaching staff
That is true. But at least the coaching staff stuff is legit rumors from sources. And common sense says a new staff gets a new QB. But you are right it’s still just an opinion. But Tannehill BETTER not be our QB week 1 ugh.

Nick Foles is one of my favorite players in the league to root for but he has shown he can't really be successful outside of Philadelphia. He's not a QB you can put anywhere to have success. He's a good QB when there is a good system to get the ball to playmakers, which he has had in two different stints with the Eagles. We don't have that.
He fell on his face under Fisher...the Rams fell on their faces under Fisher.

Falk is an unknown commodity at this point. You want to go into next year with him and a draft pick as your starter? Where exactly in the draft do you want to take a QB?

I honestly don't know, have not looked at the draft yet. But I do not believe we have to trade up or sell the farm. If I am drafting next year have to go DL/CB in the first two rounds, unless they fall in love with a QB. So this is why I think Luke Falk being in the rooms for a full season and soon to be offseason has a huge edge over anyone we draft.

2019: start Tannehill, Osweiler, a traffic cone, whoever. Use the draft to improve other areas of the team (OL, WR, LB)
2020: go all in at QB at the draft

This is the logic I just don't get. If you want a QB is this supposed awesome 2020 draft (which is far from a given BTW), playing Tanehill in 2019 does not help you because he'll just go out and win you 6 - 8 games yet again, he's not bad enough to suck badly for you to be able to draft one of the top targets, you need a top 5 pick in 2020, how are you going to get it ?

I've got no problem grooming Falk if he shows something, as long as somebody like Tannehill or Bridgewater or Foles is also on the roster. Not putting all my eggs in one basket on him, idc how desperate we are to replace RT.

This is the logic I just don't get. If you want a QB is this supposed awesome 2020 draft (which is far from a given BTW), playing Tanehill in 2019 does not help you because he'll just go out and win you 6 - 8 games yet again, he's not bad enough to suck badly for you to be able to draft one of the top targets, you need a top 5 pick in 2020, how are you going to get it ?
Fair enough. Start ****ing Fales. My point is I dont want to go all in for QB in a weak class. The last (and only) time I wanted to tank for a QB was 2011 Suck for Luck. What a nightmare those meaningless wins were.

Back
Top Bottom