Ex-Dolphins star explains why Don Shula wasn't a big fan of Patriots coach Bill Belichick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex-Dolphins star explains why Don Shula wasn't a big fan of Patriots coach Bill Belichick

good luck with that lol. Have you ever been at the bottom of that pile trying to hold onto the ball or as fan been able to see anything happening below the pile.
If I signed up for rough and tumble i expect rough and tumble

Sorry man signing up to play football doesn't give a license for people to punch you in the balls or anywhere else on the pile. There is zero honor in that.
Well again, posters picking apart my words on my post is fine

Shula's teams were tough and there was honour and there was shiat going on on the field

We can do this all day

Well again, posters picking apart my words on my post is fine

Shula's teams were tough and there was honour and there was shiat going on on the field

I wast picking it apart just addressing the one thing said not in that part.
Not sure if there was more honor back then I think there is so much coverage of stuff now that its hard to hide the bad stuff.
There was quite a bit of racsim in the old NFL especially in hiring coaches or not letting black players play qb. I know there was a lot of shady stuff done to keep players on field plus a lot of drug use and criminal behavior was covered up.
Overall though Shula has not had much controversy as coach which is a good thing for fans of the man such as myself

Here’s to Flores ending Belicheat’s career early and short of the Don’s record!....Truth is....The Don had integrity and Belicheat doesn’t.

All the records are meaningless anyway with changes in games played per season and rules changes.

Last edited:
Shula, Landry, Walsh and Noll were a different breed. In MLB: Whitey Herzog. Special men.

Wow. Some folks have such transparent agendas around here!

You can tell because they're always negative!

But anyway -- some might be forgetting The Don was a fan

of Belichick BEFORE the true persona of Belicheat emerged...

As someone noted, the "threat" on perfection by a convicted CHEATER

made Sula get all ugly and ornery anytime that subject was introduced.

So the whole asterisk * stuff etc. was a way of The Don protecting the integrity

of the game ----- something that has been severely damaged.

In my opinion. Of course.

Shula is from a generation where honor meant everything, Belichick is from the a generation where honor means nothing. Shula > Belicheat all day, every day.

Billichick really is a clever coach in terms of the many things he accomplished with all those wins under a era of free agency that's suppose to prevent that but his reputation will be forever marred and those wins will be forever questioned by how he did it.

Here’s to Flores ending Belicheat’s career early and short of the Don’s record!....Truth is....The Don had integrity and Belicheat doesn’t.

All the records are meaningless anyway with changes in games played per season and rules changes.

Well by that metric Brian Flores knows of the cheating going on so would that not make him have no integrity. Just playing devils advocate, personally I do not see it as black and white and during that time of NFl who knows what teams were doing. Much less scrutiny at that time

Wow. Some folks have such transparent agendas around here!

You can tell because they're always negative!

But anyway -- some might be forgetting The Don was a fan

of Belichick BEFORE the true persona of Belicheat emerged...

As someone noted, the "threat" on perfection by a convicted CHEATER

made Sula get all ugly and ornery anytime that subject was introduced.

So the whole asterisk * stuff etc. was a way of The Don protecting the integrity

of the game ----- something that has been severely damaged.

In my opinion. Of course.

I'm not the type to say things that aren't true just because someone isn't with us anymore. I always thought the "Cheatriots" thing was very petty of him. Belichick didn't have a 19 year dynasty because of cheating.

Don Shula went to bed at night dreaming he could be as great of a coach as Belichick is.

Well by that metric Brian Flores knows of the cheating going on so would that not make him have no integrity. Just playing devils advocate, personally I do not see it as black and white and during that time of NFl who knows what teams were doing. Much less scrutiny at that time

We know what is on the record....multiple penalties for actions by Bill Belichek as the captain of the ship...on the Patriot organization,

No...I don’t hold underlings responsible unless they personally did these things.

Conversely...we have overwhelming testimony from insiders as to Shula’s integrity...and that his teams were the least penalized in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom