Ex players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex players

He was always super talented but needed a kick in the *** by being let go for him to get his **** together. Motivation was his man issue when he was drafted nobody questioned his talent
Sounds like he needed to grow up. I do think this coaching staff will get players to “mature” as professionals faster than the last couple of regimes. This should allow us to get good play out of guys before they hit their 2nd contract. If anything, some of what we’re seeing just highlights the poor player development that plagued us for some time.

Drake - like the water but never was a go-to guy and didn't want to be here. Similar performance in zona, great week plus several bad ones.

Minkah- good player bad attitude, got us another first so it doesn't matter.

Stills - good player, has his role and the Texans use him well in that role.

tannehill - decent QB but has yet to win those big games that we waited 7 years for

Gase was just a **** coach which hurt a ton of these guys. The coaching has i.proved the only two who were outed for attitude were drake and Minkah who did want to be here.

You gotta play the long game with trades and not be reactionary. If Flores gets his QB we might have have something special here making this year worth it. If not then we are ejust dumb
Funny how Minka never has been seen as a player with a bad attitude until he came to the Dolphins. I blame the coaching staff for their failure to work with Fitzpatrick far more than I blame him. The fact is the Dolphins traded away the best free safety in the NFL for a late 1st round draft pick who will likely end up having the talent level of a Charles Harris more than the talent level of a Minka Fitzpatrick. This trade will likely go down as one of the worst trades in Dolphin history.

Funny how Minka never has been seen as a player with a bad attitude until he came to the Dolphins. I blame the coaching staff for their failure to work with Fitzpatrick far more than I blame him. The fact is the Dolphins traded away the best free safety in the NFL for a late 1st round draft pick who will likely end up having the talent level of a Charles Harris more than the talent level of a Minka Fitzpatrick. This trade will likely go down as one of the worst trades in Dolphin history.
Agree. 100%. This is my one beef w Flores in what has otherwise been a successful showing IMO. There has been excellent player development and we are competitive with a depleted roster and horrid QB play. But it’s a big mistake he made - really stubborn to play the guy everywhere BUT FS going back to training camp is when this crap started.

Drake had had two good games all year. Today was an outlier. Stills hasn’t done much of anything this year. Fitzpatrick obviously has made plays but we know the story with him.

Outlier...lol

Agree. 100%. This is my one beef w Flores in what has otherwise been a successful showing IMO. There has been excellent player development and we are competitive with a depleted roster and horrid QB play. But it’s a big mistake he made - really stubborn to play the guy everywhere BUT FS going back to training camp is when this crap started.
Nobody else on that defense had any problem playing multiple positions and embraced the change Flores was making. You can't be let one player dictate where you line up the other ten. Let alone a 1st year pro who thought he was above the team.

Fitzpatrick is good but Flores wanted to match him up against teams better players and eliminate them. You see the end result last night as the bills worked around him and he was in no position to make any plays. Had he been more mature he would have realized it would do wonders for him during contract time

Nobody else on that defense had any problem playing multiple positions and embraced the change Flores was making. You can't be let one player dictate where you line up the other ten. Let alone a 1st year pro who thought he was above the team.

Fitzpatrick is good but Flores wanted to match him up against teams better players and eliminate them. You see the end result last night as the bills worked around him and he was in no position to make any plays. Had he been more mature he would have realized it would do wonders for him during contract time
IDK - he keeps playing like this his 2nd contract will be monster. Buff scored 17 points. Minkah had a great tackle on Allen for what looked like no gain or a yard at best and was right there on one of the INTs / he was around the action is my point. Back in camp everyone was scratching their heads when McCain was put at FS and Minkah was running w the 2nd team. I think it was mishandled.

Drake had had two good games all year. Today was an outlier. Stills hasn’t done much of anything this year. Fitzpatrick obviously has made plays but we know the story with him.
Drake is a nice player. I don’t think we could have resigned him at what we would have valued him at. Stills is doing what Stills does - complimentary player who scores long TDs and Minkah is the best FS in football this season and will be a 1st team all pro. Mixed bag IMO in terms of the outcomes.

The issue was Minkah was consistently asked to play elsewhere to mask the shortcomings of our personnel instead of letting him be great. The kid is a winner and I don't blame him one bit for privately voicing his displeasure.

And some of us see that he was drafted as a FS a position we have struggled with forever and that Minkah was used every where but...
Then had to suffer through seeing McCain (who has had success in slot but was not there and friggin Walt Aikens at FS ahead of him
Sorry ...stone cold stupidity

He's averaging 73 yards per game over 6 games. We haven't had anyone top that amount once this season. Not to mention he's getting 4 receptions per game. They are using him.

And some of us see that he was drafted as a FS a position we have struggled with forever and that Minkah was used every where but...
Then had to suffer through seeing McCain (who has had success in slot but was not there and friggin Walt Aikens at FS ahead of him
Sorry ...stone cold stupidity

I don't know why it was so hard to see

SS Jones
FS Fitzpatrick
CB1 Howard
CB2 Whoever
Slot McCain

Coaching staff was so concerned with CB2 on the boundary that they literally shook up entire secondary. If Rowe wasn't that answer the front office should have went out and got someone to be there. It's the same nonsense with offensive line over the years. Moving Pouncey to guard to have a C/G combo of good/good instead of great/poor

He's averaging 73 yards per game over 6 games. We haven't had anyone top that amount once this season. Not to mention he's getting 4 receptions per game. They are using him.

With a healthy rushing average

I don't know why it was so hard to see

SS Jones
FS Fitzpatrick
CB1 Howard
CB2 Whoever
Slot McCain

Coaching staff was so concerned with CB2 on the boundary that they literally shook up entire secondary. If Rowe wasn't that answer the front office should have went out and got someone to be there. It's the same nonsense with offensive line over the years. Moving Pouncey to guard to have a C/G combo of good/good instead of great/poor

FS depth chart

McCain
Aitkins
Minikah

BRILLIANT!

Back
Top Bottom