Ex players | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex players

And some of us see that he was drafted as a FS a position we have struggled with forever and that Minkah was used every where but...
Then had to suffer through seeing McCain (who has had success in slot but was not there and friggin Walt Aikens at FS ahead of him
Sorry ...stone cold stupidity
In camp no less. It was as if no matter what happened, who got hurt, they would have put John Denney at FS before Minkah. There was something weird going on and I hope Flores learned from his gaffe

Nobody else on that defense had any problem playing multiple positions and embraced the change Flores was making. You can't be let one player dictate where you line up the other ten. Let alone a 1st year pro who thought he was above the team.

Fitzpatrick is good but Flores wanted to match him up against teams better players and eliminate them. You see the end result last night as the bills worked around him and he was in no position to make any plays. Had he been more mature he would have realized it would do wonders for him during contract time
L

Nobody else is complaining simply because they know that the Dolphins are the only team willing to play them. The secondary is loaded with a majority of players who would be out of football if not for the fact the Dolphins are desperate for bodies.

Fitzpatrick will be a star for the Steelers for years to come while all those defensive backs now playing for the Dolphins will likely be working for UPS within two years.

Just because Flores wants a defense where players play many positions doesn’t mean that the defense is going to be good. In fact the Dolphins have a pretty bad defense with all those players who are supposedly buying into the Flores defensive concepts while Fitzpatrick is having an all pro season as the Steelers free safety.

I give Ross a lot of credit for trying. He just wasn't lucky up till now. The Jury is still out on Flores, but the early results are promising inspite of all the losing. The former coaching staffs in Philbin and Gase handcuffed many players. I'm happy for all the Ex Dolphins making contributions with their new teams. It speaks directly to what was really going on in Miami under Philbin and Gase.
Case in point: Billy Turner is still in the league and is playing for Green Bay. Is he the reincarnation of Larry Little? No, but he’s still in the league and playing for a contender, so he must be doing something right.

Case in point: Billy Turner is still in the league and is playing for Green Bay. Is he the reincarnation of Larry Little? No, but he’s still in the league and playing for a contender, so he must be doing something right.
So is Jordan Phillips in Buffalo. Ex players are doing well, elsewhere. Good coaching does that.

Stills is not playing any better than he did for us. He played well for us. But in Houston he’s a product of better personnel. Minka I think we can agree was gonna do well regardless and it helps Pittsburgh excels at coaching D players. Drake? He’s always been capable of games like this but he’s also had a few bad games with them. I still say he chokes in big spots I.e. goal line fumbles. But with Drake I think it was more that he wanted out of town also.

I think that's a great summary. 100% agree. Drake will have his splash games, where he can just use his speed and hit a hole, bounce it to the outside. But when you need your RB to make it happen, he's not that guy. Pretty good athlete, not a great RB.

I'd say good blocking can help any running back thrive; I know Arizona's line isn't top in the NFL, but it does help Drake that he doesn't have to run behind the worst line in football. Tennessee has a good offensive line; when Tanny had a healthy offensive line, he did well in Miami too. I'm happy these guys are playing well, their talent was being wasted in Miami.

So is Jordan Phillips in Buffalo. Ex players are doing well, elsewhere. Good coaching does that.

Phillips is the case study in highly talented underachiever who for whatever reason (coaching, self-motivation) wears out his welcome, gets perturbed when he’s cut, then realizes he’ll be out of the league if he doesn’t get his act together. Then he focuses and plays consistently to get that big paycheck. He’s a nice story, but very risky to invest in. Kind of like Albert Haynesworth, buyer beware on that second contract.

I still expect Tannehill to totally crap the bed in games and situations that matter. He lost Sunday in a game that could have given them the division lead.

I still expect Tannehill to totally crap the bed in games and situations that matter. He lost Sunday in a game that could have given them the division lead.
I followed that game. He had two late drives / opps w them down 21-14. One went about 5 play and a punt. Texans then got a FG. The next one he drove them for a quick TD w 2 min left but they didn’t get the ball back. The game was so even in every stat category. I think the Titans kicker missed a FG somewhere. Game could have gone either way.

I followed that game. He had two late drives / opps w them down 21-14. One went about 5 play and a punt. Texans then got a FG. The next one he drove them for a quick TD w 2 min left but they didn’t get the ball back. The game was so even in every stat category. I think the Titans kicker missed a FG somewhere. Game could have gone either way.

yeah, anyone who watched that game knows Thill was not at fault. TN D could not stop Houston when it mattered. I have three TVs set up and been watching a lot of TN, Thill is killing it, just didn’t work out yesterday. People are acting like they lost to the Skins, Houston is a tough team

And let me add, I’m not a a Thill apologist.

This also goes along with one of my main themes here...

POCKET QBs TAKE LONGER TO BLOSSOM BUT THEY LAST LONGER.

Tannehill has suffered through being on an awful team and then a two year injury... and he has learned from that and gotten better. There is no way he ever becomes a Brady, but maybe a Phillip Rivers or a Matt Ryan is in reach for him. At any rate, he's better than Fitzpatrick or Dalton and should be able to hang around for quite awhile longer.

He lost, but he didn't crap the bed.
This also goes along with one of my main themes here...

POCKET QBs TAKE LONGER TO BLOSSOM BUT THEY LAST LONGER.

Tannehill has suffered through being on an awful team and then a two year injury... and he has learned from that and gotten better. There is no way he ever becomes a Brady, but maybe a Phillip Rivers or a Matt Ryan is in reach for him. At any rate, he's better than Fitzpatrick or Dalton and should be able to hang around for quite awhile longer.
He could totally be Brady. He just needs to be on a team that lets the linemen hold. Well, he can throw a better long ball than brady, so maybe he could be better.

Grier has to be able to see the future to replicate the value we lost for Minkah and Tunsil in the draft. I am optimistic but the bar for those two players is like knocking it out of the park good.

If you think that game was on Tannehill, I’d wager you just looked at the box score.

Haters are gonna hate no matter what. They’re blind. Thill actually played well in the game driving down the field to play catch. He didn’t get much help yesterday, and that’s it, nothing more and nothing less

Back
Top Bottom