Expect a Tua Tagovailoa-tailored offense when Dolphins return from bye | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expect a Tua Tagovailoa-tailored offense when Dolphins return from bye

Yeah, that's why you'll be more selective on the type of RPO's. You won't use it on concepts that send lineman further downfield. You'll use it on more OZ or split zone type plays. More pin-and-pull type blocks up front.

either way the balls coming out quick so the chances of them catching a lineman illegally downfield or should I say calling it are slim. Unless the qb holds the ball for some reason

Do you guys believe Chan Gailey with his 90's playbook is capable of making the changes needed to "scheme" to Tua's abilities?

either way the balls coming out quick so the chances of them catching a lineman illegally downfield or should I say calling it are slim. Unless the qb holds the ball for some reason
Didn’t Tua have the quickest release in the draft? Idk why the National media makes a big deal about our oline and how Fitzpatrick got the ball out quick which made them look good

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ilored-offense-when-dolphins-return-from-bye/

Good coaches are always proficient in putting their players in the best position to be successful. This has been the case in the National Football League since the beginning of time — whether it was Lambeau, Landry, Shula, Parcells, Belichick or anyone in between. All the best coaches know what their players are capable of and more often than not never ask them to do much more than that...

Not to sound condescending, but DUH!! Only Queasy and his caliber wouldn't adjust to a QB. I DO expect some RPO's and designed rollouts/runs.

Didn’t Tua have the quickest release in the draft? Idk why the National media makes a big deal about our oline and how Fitzpatrick got the ball out quick which made them look good

Fitzpatrick covered up alot, with his ability to see pre snap the different looks a vet should. Completely discounting Fitz ability to bail out his oline....is nuts.

I don't watch college football, so I have no idea what style of offense would suit Tua best. I just hope that this kid is fairly accurate at going deep. IMO, a good vertical passing game is a must! With the exception of a few good games, Miami's offenses under Philbin and Gase were terrible with an over-emphasis on short passes, little emphasis on building a competent o-line, and idiotic playcalling.

Even though Fitz doesn't have the strongest (or most accurate) arm, when he hits a WR or TE deep for a big gain it makes this team exciting to watch again! It's been a long time since Miami was able to have the deep ball as a regular part of their offense and have some success with it. Henne had a strong arm, but Marshall dropped more TDs than he caught. Tannehill had a strong arm too, but Wallace had "alligator arms" and could only catch perfect passes, rarely going after the ball. The NFL could do a highlight show just on Hartline's acrobatic sideline completions (I'd love it!), but he rarely got yards after the catch and would trip over a blade of grass. Landry wasn't known for going deep, but he did set a record for the most catches during his first 4 years. So, that offense ran through Landry. The big problem is that although he had a record-setting number of catches, his total yardage wasn't anywhere near being record-setting. Miami has never had any meaningful success running a short pass based offense.

Now, under the Flores regime, they're finally able to make some big plays; plays that we usually see other teams but not Miami make. It's about time! I keep reading that Miami's receivers aren't very good at getting separation, so most completions are either great passes/catches, or the tall receivers go up and win the 50/50 balls. If Tua has an accurate deep ball and can throw a receiver open or hit him in stride, then this offense can really be something special once the running game becomes a bit stronger and more consistent. Of course, I don't mean that the deep ball should be the main emphasis of their offense, just that they should use it a lot more than the previous regimes did.

Now that this is happening, I wonder if Chan's offense is modern enough for modern football times. By the looks on the board it appears that it can be a good relationship.

This may have already been mentioned elsewhere, but I just finished listening to the newest LockedonDolphins podcast, by Kyle Crabbs. He said some things about the abilities and limitations of Fitz vs Tua, that I hadn't thought of before, and which make me feel a little better about the Dolphins chances, coming out of the bye. I would encourage everyone to listen to it, if you are confused by the move.
Kyle is one of my favorite guys to listen to. Fitz has mentioned this too, saying Tua can make all kinds of throws he can’t.

With the offensive lineman we have, does the RPO help or hurt their strengths? I honestly have no idea.

This may have already been mentioned elsewhere, but I just finished listening to the newest LockedonDolphins podcast, by Kyle Crabbs. He said some things about the abilities and limitations of Fitz vs Tua, that I hadn't thought of before, and which make me feel a little better about the Dolphins chances, coming out of the bye. I would encourage everyone to listen to it, if you are confused by the move.
Confused by the move?

The only thing that confused me is when they hadn't made the move yet.

Back
Top Bottom