Expectations for McDaniel | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expectations for McDaniel

High expectations on here. I expect major regression. 4-5 wins for a brand new coach with new system. Way too many holes on offense. Our defense wont be able to compensate for the O
I feel that some, if not most of these problems will be addressed and we will have a higher degree of success when we play. That should more than offset any regression we get with a new coaching system coming in.

I expect this will be like it was during Gase's first year, but with a better group of players across the board. Didn't we get to the playoff's that year? I think we have every reason to believe this year's team will do as well or better than that.

I actually expect an improvement on offense and a regression on defense. I expect our hope to rise and then to be dashed in the most hurtful way. When it comes to the Dolphins, "this is the way".

Now as far as McDaniel, all he needs to do to surpass the previous head coach is make the playoffs and don't sue the team.

Not sure about the D. A better O can help the D a LOT!!! TOP, more points, run the clock (if the run game improves). The key, IMO, will be the success of the DC

To have a better record than flores did year two (10-6)…. And to make the playoffs. Anything less is a failure IMO.

Are you expecting to play the same bottom tier QBs we beat last year? Aside from Mac and Zach?

We could have a worse record and be a much better team overall.

Are you expecting to play the same bottom tier QBs we beat last year? Aside from Mac and Zach?

We could have a worse record and be a much better team overall.

Based on all this hype and how he is being labeled the savior… i expect him to turn tua into steve young or drew brees… and to take us to that next step.

Anything less than that then i believe is a failure…. We fired a “winning” coach to take a step backwards? It would be a disaster IMO if it’s anything less.

Based on all this hype and how he is being labeled the savior… i expect him to turn tua into steve young or drew brees… and to take us to that next step.

Anything less than that then i believe is a failure…. We fired a “winning” coach to take a step backwards? It would be a disaster IMO if it’s anything less.
Then shouldn't it be argued that last year was a failure for Flores, considering all the hype after the prior year. That he had a team start slow out the gate again, 7 losses in a row. GhostArmOfMarino is spot on imo when it comes the quality of quarterbacks we will be facing in comparison. Will I be disappointed if we're not a better team record wise absolutely. But do I think we can have a worse record or same record and show growth and be a better team absolutely as well. I want to see us be competitive with the likes of Buffalo and at least have a chance and not just get blown off the field. If we are able to do that that would give me hope, I just want to see a team that gets better every week, and starts to show they can compete with the better teams in the league.

Then shouldn't it be argued that last year was a failure for Flores, considering all the hype after the prior year. That he had a team start slow out the gate again, 7 losses in a row. GhostArmOfMarino is spot on imo when it comes the quality of quarterbacks we will be facing in comparison. Will I be disappointed if we're not a better team record wise absolutely. But do I think we can have a worse record or same record and show growth and be a better team absolutely as well. I want to see us be competitive with the likes of Buffalo and at least have a chance and not just get blown off the field. If we are able to do that that would give me hope, I just want to see a team that gets better every week, and starts to show they can compete with the better teams in the league.

Of course in the sense of overall success that season was a failure but it also was something magical on how it was turned around. He had a winning season and we were close to the playoffs had we won winnable games.

Regardless we said that wasnt good enough do why would anything less be good enough with mcdaniel?

Hopefully he turns out to be similar to all the other coaches that came from the Shanahan tree; who've gone on to become successful in their own way.

A coach who just wants to coach and be a leader of men. A coach who doesn't want to be in total control of the franchise. A guy who loves his coaches and players just the same. Someone not an egotistical maniac, looking to steal his bosses job, or fire a coach after four days on the job.

Someone innovative and who's willing to let other coaches do their jobs. No more tension and someone that understands it takes, offense, defense and special teams to win. Not just one and not the others.

Of course in the sense of overall success that season was a failure but it also was something magical on how it was turned around. He had a winning season and we were close to the playoffs had we won winnable games.

Regardless we said that wasnt good enough do why would anything less be good enough with mcdaniel?
It would for me, because of the quality of staff he has already been able to get. Flores absolutely failed on that end. And if he was such a hot commodity within league circles he would've gotten one of the numerous head coaching vacancies well before he filed the lawsuits. I'm glad Flores is gone and think he's a POS, of course this is just my opinion it's fine to disagree.

As if we have any control over who we play and who their QB's are - LOL

We don't! And that's my point.

I see a bright future, but I also just believe context matters more than the actual record when projecting forward.

The record matters for that individual season, as in if we make the playoffs it doesn't matter who you beat or when, but if I'm projecting our team going forward i really do have to use the context more than the flat record.

We don't! And that's my point.

I see a bright future, but I also just believe context matters more than the actual record when projecting forward.

The record matters for that individual season, as in if we make the playoffs it doesn't matter who you beat or when, but if I'm projecting our team going forward i really do have to use the context more than the flat record.

Sorry, my "Snark-Casim" has gotten hold of me and I'm having trouble controlling it. - LOL

Good response, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom