Expectations for McDaniel | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expectations for McDaniel

I feel that some, if not most of these problems will be addressed and we will have a higher degree of success when we play. That should more than offset any regression we get with a new coaching system coming in.

I expect this will be like it was during Gase's first year, but with a better group of players across the board. Didn't we get to the playoff's that year? I think we have every reason to believe this year's team will do as well or better than that.
Looking at the stacked east...kc, buff and cinci are almost guaranteed 3 spots..we are not better than the chargers, denver and ravens, ravens..thats 4 more ahead of us . Total 7. We are in the next group. Throw in all our holes and i iust dont see it
I feel that some, if not most of these problems will be addressed and we will have a higher degree of success when we play. That should more than offset any regression we get with a new coaching system coming in.

I expect this will be like it was during Gase's first year, but with a better group of players across the board. Didn't we get to the playoff's that year? I think we have every reason to believe this year's team will do as well or better than that.

Looking at the stacked east...kc, buff and cinci are almost guaranteed 3 spots..we are not better than the chargers, denver and ravens, ravens..thats 4 more ahead of us . Total 7. We are in the next group. Throw in all our holes and i iust dont see it
Change is everywhere in the NFL.

Good teams decline and poor teams improve, and some teams oscillate between good and bad.

Based on that I feel your portrait of the top 7 teams will probably not "pan out".

We gave Flores to shape the roster and coaching hos desires. I am willing to plan on giving McDaniel the same. If he doesn't get out coached by someone like Urban Meyer, that's an improvement

Yes I know we don’t know who is going to be on the roster before FA even begins however flores had 2 winning seasons in a row with this team. So what are your expectations this year and beyond for McDaniel? I would think he has to make the playoffs with 10 wins minimum. Yes I know high expectations but that’s where the bar is set for this team imo. Flores or not that’s what this team should have had last season and that’s what they should have next season. Furthermore I think McDaniel only gets 2 seasons if he can’t make the playoffs. Fair or not that’s the situation imo. Thoughts?
Super Bowl appearance in Year 1. Mark these words.

My expectations are to see the offense, and especially the running game, improve. A better offense should help the defense by keeping them fresher. I'm not going to put a number on it because the ball bounces funny sometimes. I just want to see the team get better.

I felt Flores and his staff greatly underachieved, even defensively for the first half of the season.

I expect playoffs……

Based on all this hype and how he is being labeled the savior… i expect him to turn tua into steve young or drew brees… and to take us to that next step.

Anything less than that then i believe is a failure…. We fired a “winning” coach to take a step backwards? It would be a disaster IMO if it’s anything less.
The "board hype" is not relevant to anything is it? Seems an irrational way to form an opinion.

Nobody can "turn Tua" into a different person. Is this "Bewitched"? That's ridiculous. Besides that, you are using 2 first ballot HOFers (who both pretty much sucked early) as a measuring stick.

I can understand reservations but damn brother, that's not a realistic expectation IMO.

The "board hype" is not relevant to anything is it? Seems an irrational way to form an opinion.

Nobody can "turn Tua" into a different person. Is this "Bewitched"? That's ridiculous. Besides that, you are using 2 first ballot HOFers (who both pretty much sucked early) as a measuring stick.

I can understand reservations but damn brother, that's not a realistic expectation IMO.

I was being sarcastic about the first part…. Although the way we are hyping him up….

But in all reality he should put up a better record than flo and we should make the playoffs. And offensive minded coach should fix some of the issues we have on offense which should be good1-2 wins?

Anything less than playoffs is a failure to me.

Depends on the 1st 5 opponents
Doesn't matter, the Pats almost never start in the hole. Even without Brady (2021, 20 & 08) they are 3-1, 1-4 and 4-0 in the first four games of the year so 8-4. In those same three years (2022, 21 & 08) Miami was 1-4, 1-4 and 2-2 or 4 -8. Well coached teams win out of the gate and then when the mid-season injuries occur they mitigate them without being in the hole already.

I was being sarcastic about the first part…. Although the way we are hyping him up….

But in all reality he should put up a better record than flo and we should make the playoffs. And offensive minded coach should fix some of the issues we have on offense which should be good1-2 wins?

Anything less than playoffs is a failure to me.

Sure, if we play 8 sub starter quality QB again.

Why do you insist on looking at the flat record when we didn't have any sort of quality? On paper we won 9 games, in reality our roster needs a lot of work.

Doesn't matter, the Pats almost never start in the hole. Even without Brady (2021, 20 & 08) they are 3-1, 1-4 and 4-0 in the first four games of the year so 8-4. In those same three years (2022, 21 & 08) Miami was 1-4, 1-4 and 2-2 or 4 -8. Well coached teams win out of the gate and then when the mid-season injuries occur they mitigate them without being in the hole already.

Teams with a new HC, new OC, new OL pieces, new receivers and running backs, new assts, . . . not so much

I felt Flores and his staff greatly underachieved, even defensively for the first half of the season.

I expect playoffs……

what I'll be watching is the 'unknown' guys Flo had. The ones who advised Flo on challenges, TOs, . . . Those guys contributed to the loss at least one and as many as 3 games. Those count in the 'underachieved' group. I remember seeing nothing about the status of those 'unknowns.'

Sure, if we play 8 sub starter quality QB again.

Why do you insist on looking at the flat record when we didn't have any sort of quality? On paper we won 9 games, in reality our roster needs a lot of work.

Have you looked at the schedule?

Its not the scariest schedule ever…

Even then, why should i not expect playoffs?

Its year 3 in the rebuild with tons of money for FA… whats stopping us from getting over that hump!?

Back
Top Bottom