FA and Peerless Price? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA and Peerless Price?

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Reaction score
I think we could land Price this off season... Speilman is talking about bringing in a big name free agent, he says we have more money too spend this year then last... and with what they were offering Kreuzt(sp?) I think he may make a run at Price... I don't think Buff is going to try and keep him with all there other areas of need...
I think Price would be a great addition and having him opposite chambers would be a great deal for a defense to handle... with McM at TE and Ricky in the backfield it would be tough to defend...

Another name they might go after is Takeo Spikes... he would be a great addition but I feel there will be alot of good LB's available but the drop off in WR will be much more... so I would rather see them go after the WR..
just IMHO

I am worried that Price c/b a bust w/o Bledsoe throwing him the ball and Moulds drawing loads of attention on the other side. Spikes would help our D, but our scheme does not use OLBs that much so incrementally it may not help enough to warrant Spikes likely 4 mil+ a year paycheck.

We c/b real weak at OL soon, so I expect us to spend $$$ there...

I would like to see Luke Petitgout in a Dolphins uni.........i was watching him yesterday against the niners and he looks exactly like what we need.......He plays mean.

There was one play yesterday where Collins was throwing a quick hitter to Lukes' side of the field and instead of going at the DE's feet to get his hands down, Pettitgout gave him a forearm to the stomach......ooooff!...............it worked.

That's what we need on O........some nastiness.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I would like to see Luke Petitgout in a Dolphins uni.........i was watching him yesterday against the niners and he looks exactly like what we need.......He plays mean.

There was one play yesterday where Collins was throwing a quick hitter to Lukes' side of the field and instead of going at the DE's feet to get his hands down, Pettitgout gave him a forearm to the stomach......ooooff!...............it worked.

That's what we need on O........some nastiness.

I agree... we need a nasty smash mouth OLman... somebody to knock the D's dork in the dirt... a real Gene Upshaw type.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I think we could land Price this off season... Speilman is talking about bringing in a big name free agent, he says we have more money too spend this year then last... and with what they were offering Kreuzt(sp?) I think he may make a run at Price... I don't think Buff is going to try and keep him with all there other areas of need...
I think Price would be a great addition and having him opposite chambers would be a great deal for a defense to handle... with McM at TE and Ricky in the backfield it would be tough to defend...

Another name they might go after is Takeo Spikes... he would be a great addition but I feel there will be alot of good LB's available but the drop off in WR will be much more... so I would rather see them go after the WR..
just IMHO

I really doubt they will go after spikes because the defensive sheme Dolphins run which is setup for Thomas and is not worth paying spikes unless Dolphins change their defensie scheme.I would love to see Price in a Dolphins uniform and he will open up the Dolphins passing game because opposing teams will have to think twice on who to double team.Price numbers being inflated because of Moulds on the other side is untrue.Price is a bigger threat on the outside than Moulds(Moulds is all around great WR but Price is faster) and if anything they both benifit from having each other line up on the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isnt Mcknights contract up? and Cris Carters too? We need another big threat at WR

How about a package deal...........Randy Thomas and Lavearneous Coles...........We strengthen our team and weaken the Jets at the same time!:evil:

Price is a product of playing alongside Eric Moulds. Watch him go to a crappy team and play like **** next year.

Peerless Price is too fast for the fastest ball Fiedler can throw! Your D needs more help than the O.

'Justafan' I bet you're just shaking in your shoes at the prospect of the Dolphins making a run for Price aren't you?? And don't worry Fiedler is more than capable of getting the ball into his hands. But I don't think Miami can afford him. He going to ask for some major $$$$ and there's no guarantee that he would keep up that level of play with a different team.......

Our D??? LoL no....they just need to be taught how to finish games. We need a WR, and OLBs. I would LOVE to see TAKEO SPIKES at OLB for us though. He is a strong tackler....and would take a load off of THOMAS...and he is a playmaker.

Not only that, but PRICE and CHAMBERS at WR.....all I can say is DAMN!!!!!!

Re: Re: FA and Peerless Price?

Originally posted by minus
I really doubt they will go after spikes because the defensive sheme Dolphins run which is setup for Thomas and is not worth paying spikes unless Dolphins change their defensie scheme.

How about just changing the DC.....:fire:

Stay away from Spikes, he’s ours I tell you, ours.

I have to agree with you guys on Price. I said all offseason that this guy was going to put up huge numbers because in was in a Free agent season. And sure enough! Unless he goes to another team with a strong armed QB and a Big time number 1 WR, look for him to be very average.

Back
Top Bottom