FA and Peerless Price? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA and Peerless Price?

My mistake. I thought he signed the same deal that Searcy did.

Still doesn't negate the point that we would need to have a backup plan in place.

I would much rather bring in someone like Randy Thomas then have Nails compete with Perry for his spot.

Or there is my pipe dream that we get Randy Thomas and Luke Petitgout (Gandy might actually make the pipe dream realistic).

Take Price...He is just benefiting from Bledsoe, Moulds and the system he's in. He whines about not making the pro-bowl to the media, and takes some stupid penalties.

What also makes you think he'd go to Miami to be a #2 WR behind Chambers? He wants to be a #1 receiver, to "not be over-shadowed."

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
What also makes you think he'd go to Miami to be a #2 WR behind Chambers? He wants to be a #1 receiver, to "not be over-shadowed."
he w/b our #1 WR in theory if we signed him, but I see little chance of that happening...

Randy Thomas would be a solid signing. I believe he plays ROG, so T. Perry could be switched to LOG to compete with Nails (if healthy and that's a big IF). Ruddy has a $450,000 roster bonus, so it's possible he could be released.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Randy Thomas would be a solid signing. I believe he plays ROG, so T. Perry could be switched to LOG to compete with Nails (if healthy and that's a big IF). Ruddy has a $450,000 roster bonus, so it's possible he could be released.

Yup but it still leaves that big hole at LT. Wonder what Thomas and Gandy rates will go for.

My #1 free agent pipe dream is still Petitgout but the Giants will probably franchise him.

That would be drastically overpaying him (Petitgout) :lol:

LOT is a priority, but I betcha Dixon re-signs

Originally posted by BMarion31
To all the guys droolin over Takeo Spikes..................

Now, for the Bills fans who want him so badly. Can you get him? Yes. Should you make a run at him? Probably. However, you have Peerless price as a free agent. You also have A LOT of holes on defense that signing Takeo Spikes won't fix. Could you sign him, and get Peerless Price back, and sign enough quality defenders to get that defense in shape? Thats a little trickier......

We are already 11 million under the cap. The projected cap of 73.9 mill is going to go up by at least a couple million because of the recent DirecTV deal. Pluse we are going to cut Jay Reimersma for a 3.5 mill cap savingings. That puts us around 16.5 under the cap. We probably could sign Price, Spikes and a couple other D FA's but I for one hope we don't sign Price. You guys can have him. He is going to want a huge contract and he is not worth it.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
8-8..........3-13..........8-8 Do those #'s remind you of anything?

Are you trying to bait me into smack talk? Ain't gonna work buddy! Make fun of our record all you want! You're in the same boat as we are. Watching the playoffs

To whoever said they wouldn't want Coles, are you a moron??? First of all, he is a restricted free agent, and is almost a certainty to resign with the Jets. But back to the original point about not wanting him, are you that biased? Look at what Coles did this season: 89 catches, 1264 yards, 5 TD's. That was with Vinny at QB for 3 games, where he basically did nothing. In the 13 games that Pennington played (12 starts, 1 off the bench), he averaged... 6.4 catches for 93.7 yards per game, and had all 5 of his TD's. Those numbers would turn into 102 catches for 1499 yards if averaged into 16 games. On top of all that, he has a great attitude, and has made drastic improvements each of his years. He has speed to go deep, and toughness to go over the middle, and is blossoming into one of the better receivers in the league. Maybe you are just mad that he has torched the Dolphins in the past, but he would definitely be the best receiver on your team.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
To whoever said they wouldn't want Coles, are you a moron???

Hey, we do not tolerate name calling on our board and......oops my bad. Wrong board.

Carry on!:)

J-E-T-S........what are the specifics of what the Jets are thinking with Coles? How far are you guys under/over the cap? What round, in the draft, was he chosen?

Oh, and why do you think his TD catches were so low? Only 5 tds??!!

I'm of the opinion that Coles would be a VERY GOOD pick up for the Phins.......what are our chances?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Price is a product of playing alongside Eric Moulds. Watch him go to a crappy team and play like **** next year.

I agree....

PP will get a big time contract this year and become a B U S T.

Billscrushfins!

You are giving out false information!!!! We actually have over 15 million dollars in free cap space. :D
Watch for us to go after Spikes (has said he would enjoy playing in Buffalo and in week 17 he said it "felt like home" in Buffalo), Rosey Colvin, and a big run-stuffing force at DT (Cletidus Hunt, Kendrick Clancy). The rest of the money will be used in the draft (will probably draft a WR, Dime CB, and DE/OL depth) and on 2nd tier FA's and veterans. Look for Peerless Price to leave and sign with either Atlanta, Philly, or Washington. Tom Donahoe does not over-pay for players and PP will not like his offer IMO. TD will also try and keep about 2-4 million dollars set aside for emergency purposes, June 1st cuts, and because he thinks about the future salary cap situations that could be.

Back
Top Bottom