FA and Peerless Price? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA and Peerless Price?

My perscription...

Keep James McKnight, hand him the starting job, let Jay get use to passing to the WRs more in the Norv offense. Let OG go, he sucks and he's a traitorous @sshole. Cris Carter ought to be gone too...as will Dedric Ward.

Let Jed Weaver go, try to keep Desmond Clark (might be difficult).

Keep Deon Dyer, let Konrad test the waters. If someone offers him big, let him go.

Cut Todd Perry, use the money to re-sign Mark Dixon (won't be retiring, too injury prone for other teams to bid up his price). Have Nails, Dixon, and RUDDY compete for the 3 guard spots. Seth McKinney is the new center. Re-negotiate/extend Todd Wade longterm while he's cheap (the coaches want to). Let the coaches do what they feel is right about the starting LT position (be it Gandy, Adams, Petitgout, or some coup'de'tat to pry Pace or Jones away from someone).

Go after Takeo Spikes first, unless we're being outbid, then switch gears to Rosey Colvin. If not, Mike Peterson would not make a bad substitute. We NEED a tackling machine at WSLB, Zach needs it, the defensive secondary needs it, the DL needs it.

Go after a passrushing defensive TACKLE either in the draft (Vince Wilfork) or free agency.

Leave the rest of the D alone. The elements I feel we're missing on D is more penetration into the backfield and capable tackling (how about actually standing up the runner instead of letting him crash forward?) This can be accomplished with upgrades at WSLB and a passrushing young DT (remember Damian Gregory how he use to penetrate well?).

Priority Free Agent list...
1. Walter Jones or Orlando Pace (virtually impossible, might as well put them at the top).
2. Gandy, Petitgout, Adams, or whoever in god's name the coaches are thinking about for their tackle problems.
3. Takeo Spikes
4. Laveraneous Coles
5. Rosevelt Colvin
6. Peerless Price
7. Mike Peterson
8. Backup QB (who knows?)
9. Mark Dixon
10. Richmond Webb (backup LT)
11. Fill out the WR depth.

Note this is my priority list for free agents. In addition to this wishlist I would probably draft a young passrushing DT, a QB, WR, and OL...not necessarily in that order (as always, take the talent first position later, with limited respect to some positions).

Laveraneous Coles is a RFA. No chance there. The Jets only have to pay him what........$1.5 million. That's a 1st round tender.

We don't have a 1st so Coles would be a pipe dream.

Yeah I know, thats true. It would have to be one of those poison pill type contracts, but you're right we don't have a first rounder. Coles would have to want out of there. I know he wants back into FL though.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah I know, thats true. It would have to be one of those poison pill type contracts, but you're right we don't have a first rounder. Coles would have to want out of there. I know he wants back into FL though.

Always next year though :)

The Jets are in pretty good cap shape, BUT they have a lot of resigning to do, including Coles, Randy Thomas, and Richie Anderson. SO they should be ok to resign players, but not much more after that. Also Coles was taken in the 3rd Round of the 2000 draft, when the Jets had 4 first rounders. Not a bad draft guys : John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Chad Pennington, Anthony Becht, and Lavenanues Coles.

Anthony Becht and Shaun Ellis are soon to be dumped from the team as failures, Ellis for never making an impact and Becht for continually dropping easy passes especially in crucial situations.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
My perscription...

Keep James McKnight, hand him the starting job, let Jay get use to passing to the WRs more in the Norv offense. Let OG go, he sucks and he's a traitorous @sshole. Cris Carter ought to be gone too...as will Dedric Ward.

Let Jed Weaver go, try to keep Desmond Clark (might be difficult).

Keep Deon Dyer, let Konrad test the waters. If someone offers him big, let him go.

Cut Todd Perry, use the money to re-sign Mark Dixon (won't be retiring, too injury prone for other teams to bid up his price). Have Nails, Dixon, and RUDDY compete for the 3 guard spots. Seth McKinney is the new center. Re-negotiate/extend Todd Wade longterm while he's cheap (the coaches want to). Let the coaches do what they feel is right about the starting LT position (be it Gandy, Adams, Petitgout, or some coup'de'tat to pry Pace or Jones away from someone).

Go after Takeo Spikes first, unless we're being outbid, then switch gears to Rosey Colvin. If not, Mike Peterson would not make a bad substitute. We NEED a tackling machine at WSLB, Zach needs it, the defensive secondary needs it, the DL needs it.

Go after a passrushing defensive TACKLE either in the draft (Vince Wilfork) or free agency.

Leave the rest of the D alone. The elements I feel we're missing on D is more penetration into the backfield and capable tackling (how about actually standing up the runner instead of letting him crash forward?) This can be accomplished with upgrades at WSLB and a passrushing young DT (remember Damian Gregory how he use to penetrate well?).

Priority Free Agent list...
1. Walter Jones or Orlando Pace (virtually impossible, might as well put them at the top).
2. Gandy, Petitgout, Adams, or whoever in god's name the coaches are thinking about for their tackle problems.
3. Takeo Spikes
4. Laveraneous Coles
5. Rosevelt Colvin
6. Peerless Price
7. Mike Peterson
8. Backup QB (who knows?)
9. Mark Dixon
10. Richmond Webb (backup LT)
11. Fill out the WR depth.

Note this is my priority list for free agents. In addition to this wishlist I would probably draft a young passrushing DT, a QB, WR, and OL...not necessarily in that order (as always, take the talent first position later, with limited respect to some positions).

Fish do not have nearly enough cap space to do half of this :rolleyes:

Hello.....earth to clump....he called it a WISHLIST.....what don't you understand?

Those are a list of free agents in the order he would PREFER them........he didn't say he wanted them all!

Try to keep up.:rolleyes:

Becht... yes, Ellis.. All the coaches say he has been the most consistent D-Lineman this season. Even if that were the case though, Abraham, Pennington, and Coles are not good enough for you?

I have to agree with J-E-T-S that was an awesome draft...
Bill Parcells doesnt get enough credit but he was the guy that pulled the trigger on the Keyshawn for the 1st rounders and he drafted so well...I expect big things from him in Dallas...
I guarantee that the fins would win a SB with him at the helm...The fins need a motivator and their is not much better than the Tuna when it comes to that..

:goof:

Back
Top Bottom