FA RBs to watch... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA RBs to watch...

We will bring back Duke because we'd be nuts to let that guy go. He showed real toughness, vision and as stated above, falls forward. He can pass block and is a fine receiver out of the backfield with some serious open field running ability. But, if it's me I'm bringing in a different body type. Duke is 210 so 235-245 would be ideal on a 6'2 frame. I'd find him in the 3rd o 4th round but I'd beat the bushes until I found a Derrick Henry style RB. A big back that happens to have exceptional speed, power and instincts. He's out there somewhere in the draft. I guess it's all about who falls to us. I love Chubb, the Brown's RB, he's about 230 but only 5'11" but I'd take him in a heartbeat. He runs with great power and speed. If a blue chip RB falls in our lap and we love the guy we may need to grab him earlier on day one. We might have to bite the bullet for ignoring RB for 3 straight drafts under Flores. Flo would have passed on Jim Brown and Barry Sanders!! What a close minded Belichick clone!!

We will bring back Duke because we'd be nuts to let that guy go. He showed real toughness, vision and as stated above, falls forward. He can pass block and is a fine receiver out of the backfield with some serious open field running ability. But, if it's me I'm bringing in a different body type. Duke is 210 so 235-245 would be ideal on a 6'2 frame. I'd find him in the 3rd o 4th round but I'd beat the bushes until I found a Derrick Henry style RB. A big back that happens to have exceptional speed, power and instincts. He's out there somewhere in the draft. I guess it's all about who falls to us. I love Chubb, the Brown's RB, he's about 230 but only 5'11" but I'd take him in a heartbeat. He runs with great power and speed. If a blue chip RB falls in our lap and we love the guy we may need to grab him earlier on day one. We might have to bite the bullet for ignoring RB for 3 straight drafts under Flores. Flo would have passed on Jim Brown and Barry Sanders!! What a close minded Belichick clone!!
Show me the beef!

Now...

little giants becky GIF

High pick on a RB is a waste of an opportunity...

The Chiefs, Steelers, Cowboys, Bills, Colts, Rams, Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Vikings, Bengals, Panthers, Giants, Jaguars, Browns, Buccaneers, Lions, Commanders, Raiders, Eagles, Broncos, Titans, and Chargers all disagree with you.

All 24 of those org’s have drafted a RB within the first 2 rounds at least once since 2015.

That’s 3/4 of the entire league. Including some recent SB champs, runners up, and perennial playoff contenders. Several of which are known for performing well in the draft and winning on a consistent basis.

You may not subscribe to the tactic, but it’s clear most the league does.

Considering that 4 of the 8 org’s that haven’t selected a RB in the top 2 rounds over that time (Dolphins, Jets, Bears and Texans) aren’t known for being especially savvy or functional — I’d lean more on the side of them being wrong and the majority of the league being right.

Not selecting a worthwhile back in the 1st two rounds when the opportunity presents itself is a wasted opportunity. Something the Dolphins have wasted repeatedly the past few years and paid the price for it.

I’m sure they’d love to have Jonathan Taylor right about now…..

The Chiefs, Steelers, Cowboys, Bills, Colts, Rams, Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Vikings, Bengals, Panthers, Giants, Jaguars, Browns, Buccaneers, Lions, Commanders, Raiders, Eagles, Broncos, Titans, and Chargers all disagree with you.

All 24 of those org’s have drafted a RB within the first 2 rounds at least once since 2015.

That’s 3/4 of the entire league. Including some recent SB champs, runners up, and perennial playoff contenders. Several of which are known for performing well in the draft and winning on a consistent basis.

Considering that 4 of the 8 org’s that haven’t selected a RB in the top 2 rounds over that time (Dolphins, Jets, Bears and Texans) aren’t known for being especially savvy or functional — I’d lean more on the side of them being wrong and the majority of the league being right.

Not selecting a worthwhile back in the 1st two rounds when the opportunity presents itself is a wasted opportunity. Something the Dolphins have wasted repeatedly the past few years and paid the price for it.

Solid post.

Foreman - the guy who ran all over us in Nashville is a free agent - go get him - he fits the Derrick Henry mold perfectly.

The fact NFL teams did doesnt make it a good strategy... Hell the Chiefs won a SB with an UDFA RB and lost a SB with a 1st round RB...

There's simply no value to picking a RB in the first 2 rounds... 1) You're getting a player that is, at best, a 10 million dollar discount on your cap, and 2) If you do hit on a superstar RB, you'll have a really though decision to make 4 years down the road about signing a RB for 10M/per. It simply doesnt make sense unless thats pretty much all thats missing on your team, ie. Rams, Chiefs...

A draft pick is essentially a lotto ticket, the cost of that ticket doesnt change depending on the position you're using it for, therefore it simply doesnt make sense to use it on a position that's the least valued in the NFL outside of kickers, punters and long snappers.

If I were to give you a lotto ticket to either win a 1996 civic or a ferrari, both with the same odds of success, which ticket would you get?

Back
Top Bottom