FA RBs to watch... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA RBs to watch...

None of those guys are intriguing other than maybe picking up Lindsay again to see if he got any of his 'quicks' back.

Patterson is older…but I live in Atlanta and watched a few games….dude runs angry - like when Knowshon was here….

He runs like he is just mad at everyone on the defense….always gives his all….

Honestly, I'd just keep Lindsay and Duke and draft a 3rd or 4th round 220LB guy with hands.

Can we please sign Corderrelle Patterson and make a trade for Calvin Ridley?

The idea of those two paired with Waddle + Bowden Jr., with MM designing the plays and TT slinging it quick and accurate out of the backfield has me salivating.

Duke Johnson can be our #1 back.
On what are you basing that statement?
His whopping 72 carries?
His career?

G Rush Yds Y/A TD Rec Yds TD
5 71 330 4.6 3 4 41 0
96 530 2261 4.3 11 311 2870 12
(sorry about the formatting)

Don't get me wrong, I like the Duke, and think he can have a place here, but there is nothing statistically that would support a statement that he is, what I would consider to be, a #1 back.

Also, given a lot of the philosophy on the board, I think many may be disappointed in how McD sees the position. SF, Shanahan, and his coaching lineage in general, all use the RBBC approach to a large extent.

If you have a great, durable 3 down back ala Derrick Henry or Marshawn Lynch that's great, but those guys are rare.

On what are you basing that statement?
His whopping 72 carries?
His career?

G Rush Yds Y/A TD Rec Yds TD
5 71 330 4.6 3 4 41 0
96 530 2261 4.3 11 311 2870 12

Don't get me wrong, I like the Duke, and think he can have a place here, but there is nothing statistically that would support a statement that he is, what I would consider to be, a #1 back.

Also, given a lot of the philosophy on the board, I think many may be disappointed in how McD sees the position. SF, Shanahan, and his coaching lineage in general, all use the RBBC approach to a large extent.

If you have a great, durable 3 down back ala Derrick Henry or Marshawn Lynch that's great, but those guys are rare.
Just a feeling. Just like how people feel tua can be a franchise QB. I've seen what Duke can be while he was at Miami. I'd like to see him get a chance

Patterson is older…but I live in Atlanta and watched a few games….dude runs angry - like when Knowshon was here….

He runs like he is just mad at everyone on the defense….always gives his all….

Honestly, I'd just keep Lindsay and Duke and draft a 3rd or 4th round 220LB guy with hands.
Dude, this. Someone who finally gets it regarding RBs

Duke Johnson can be our #1 back.
Please pass that joint. You’ve had enough. I’m not saying Duke can’t be instrumental to our success but in no way I’m going into next season with him being “the guy”. No way. He was unsigned for a reason. Maybe he keeps playing well but I don’t care, we draft another RB in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round to compete or eventually be the the guy

Just a feeling. Just like how people feel tua can be a franchise QB. I've seen what Duke can be while he was at Miami. I'd like to see him get a chance
No problem with that, but that is entirely different than the prior post.

As an aside, you correctly pointed out that "feelz" is not an objective view on Tua, but then admit you are doing the same thing. Do you not see the hypocrisy there?

As an aside, you correctly pointed out that "feelz" is not an objective view on Tua, but then admit you are doing the same thing. Do you not see the hypocrisy there?
There you go again, hypocrisy, you like that term LOL

That was on purpose

Back
Top Bottom