FA RBs to watch... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA RBs to watch...

As much as this team needs a RB and leadership on the offensive side of the ball I don’t know how you don’t sign Lenny Fournette. Dude has changed his entire persona after leaving Jacksonville and became a vocal leader in the Bucs locker room.

Give him 2 years $10mil with $7.5 guaranteed. Make him an offer he can’t refuse.
Doesn't he get injured a ton tho? Availability is huge. We don't want rb situation being like WR situation where the team is low on a good rbs because they are just like miami only had Waddle most of the year because of the rest missing most of the time

Doesn't he get injured a ton tho? Availability is huge. We don't want rb situation being like WR situation where the team is low on a good rbs because they are just like miami only had Waddle most of the year because of the rest missing most of the time
He consistently misses 2 to 3 games a season. Missed 5 or 6 total the last 3 years. Can’t exactly recall. I do know in his second year he missed 8 games. The thing is for being in the league 5 years he only has around 950 carries. There’s a lot of mileage left on those tires.

Ahmed would probably be very good in our new system. He’s much quicker then a gaskin with better vision

Ahmed would probably be very good in our new system. He’s much quicker then a gaskin with better vision
Don't know about the better vision part, but is quicker/faster for sure.

I actually think Gaskin is better suited to a zone blocking scheme, rather than a power attack. If you go back and watch his college tape, that is where he excelled, off tackle runs, reading and letting blocks develop in front of him.

Granted, everything happens faster at the NFL level, just my observation.

Time to invest some money in a quality big RB. We now have a Head Coach whose skill is in developing the running game. There are reports that the Giants are trying to trade Saquon Barkley. Yes, there is some risk and he needs to be deemed fully healthy by the doctors, but maybe it's time to get a big bruiser. I think that we have decent backups on the roster in Duke Johnson, Myles Gaskin and Philip Lindsay.

Time to invest some money in a quality big RB. We now have a Head Coach whose skill is in developing the running game. There are reports that the Giants are trying to trade Saquon Barkley. Yes, there is some risk and he needs to be deemed fully healthy by the doctors, but maybe it's time to get a big bruiser. I think that we have decent backups on the roster in Duke Johnson, Myles Gaskin and Philip Lindsay.
Not totally against Barkley, but it would really depend on cost.

I would also point out that the Shanahan lineage has usually used the RBBC approach, which I know many dislike.

None of those guys do anything for me. I’d rather draft a running back in the 4th or 5th round and pair him with our current backs. All those guys listed are mediocre backs that are already past their primes.

Back
Top Bottom