FA RBs to watch... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA RBs to watch...

Yes, love it. Would like him to run less than Shanahan in SF, though. The Atlanta SB offense is the dream.
I’m expecting a run heavy offense, I really am. Agree rather them run a little leas then Shanahan but not expecting it especially year 1.

Everyone is going to be expected to block also - wr’s all of them. That leads me to Mike G being a question as far as being retained. If anything I would consider the tag as a transition player, just in case we can’t change over all the personnel year 1.

Isn’t that what we’ve had over the past 3 seasons? With the exceptions of the garbage we have had. Like Balage, Brown, and that other guy who was somehow worse than Balage but still looked in Philly again.
But we are expected to switch to a zone system. That does not fit Fournette's skill set. They will want speed and experience and one cut runner with explosiveness. They are not going to look for a patient plodder. And I advocated bringing in Fournette since he left Jax. He was a fit for what we were trying to do. That's not the case anymore.

A guy like Mostert makes more sense. He will be a cheap FA. I'd guess in the $2mill/per range. His skill set fits the offense. He has experience in the same offense and will be able to teach the rest of the RB room. He has an injury history so you don't rely on him exclusively, but he is still the type of guy who can dominate a game. He will be part of a committee in terms of the full season. I could see a committee of Mostert, Duke Johnson, Lynn Bowden Jr., and a rookie as something that would be a reasonable and inexpensive RB room this season.

*edit* plus a FB

But we are expected to switch to a zone system. That does not fit Fournette's skill set. They will want speed and experience and one cut runner with explosiveness. They are not going to look for a patient plodder. And I advocated bringing in Fournette since he left Jax. He was a fit for what we were trying to do. That's not the case anymore.

A guy like Mostert makes more sense. He will be a cheap FA. I'd guess in the $2mill/per range. His skill set fits the offense. He has experience in the same offense and will be able to teach the rest of the RB room. He has an injury history so you don't rely on him exclusively, but he is still the type of guy who can dominate a game. He will be part of a committee in terms of the full season. I could see a committee of Mostert, Duke Johnson, Lynn Bowden Jr., and a rookie as something that would be a reasonable and inexpensive RB room this season.

*edit* plus a FB
Do you think an Ahmed or Gaskin could actually fit the mould in this system? Especially Gaskin. He’s actually very good in space.

Almost like good teams don’t spend big on RBs. I’d be ok rolling with Duke and a rookie if we chose. Anybody can run in this offense
Im with ya. If they can move some pennies, keep Duke, Lindsay and get a mid rounder.

As much as this team needs a RB and leadership on the offensive side of the ball I don’t know how you don’t sign Lenny Fournette. Dude has changed his entire persona after leaving Jacksonville and became a vocal leader in the Bucs locker room.

Give him 2 years $10mil with $7.5 guaranteed. Make him an offer he can’t refuse.
Not opposed to that at all. Would prefer the draft, but one way or another need to upgrade.

Cordarelle Patterson intrigues me. It’s becoming cliché to talk about McDaniel potentially “unlocking” players, but Patterson is a freak. He’s 6’2”, 220, very elusive, and one of the fastest players in the entire league.
That's who I would go after. Would give the team a lot of versatility.

If McDaniel and his staff have an eye for identifying backs in the draft, then the formula should be simple for this team going forward. Finding a back in round 2-3, use and abuse for 3-4 years, trade/let walk in FA, rinse and repeat. Couple that with some cheap vet additions.

I’d rather spend big/draft high on WR. You’ll be more comfortable committing to a second contract if he pans out.

I am right now a HUGE Duke fan, and want to see what he can do, but Miami needs to get another RB with at least some size.

Foreman all day long - he's a free agent and I think Titans would have won if they had him and not Henry running in their last game...guy is a beast.

Back
Top Bottom