FA RBs to watch... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA RBs to watch...

Isn’t Karim Hunt a FA, or he re worked his contract with the Browns?

As much as this team needs a RB and leadership on the offensive side of the ball I don’t know how you don’t sign Lenny Fournette. Dude has changed his entire persona after leaving Jacksonville and became a vocal leader in the Bucs locker room.

Give him 2 years $10mil with $7.5 guaranteed. Make him an offer he can’t refuse.
Being a vocal leader is a double-edged sword.
It can cut both ways.
Cutting one way may be right but cutting both ways can never be right.
Didn't we used to have a guard like that? - LOL

5'11 220. Kind of the back I'd really like to see them target.

I personally don't think any of these guys are better than who we already have (considering we keep Lindsay). I think we role with Duke, Gaskin and Lindsay and draft someone in rounds 3-6...

Ahmed would probably be very good in our new system. He’s much quicker then a gaskin with better vision
While I thought he regressed badly last year, it could be of note that his first NFL team was SF.

Cordarelle Patterson intrigues me. It’s becoming cliché to talk about McDaniel potentially “unlocking” players, but Patterson is a freak. He’s 6’2”, 220, very elusive, and one of the fastest players in the entire league.
What McDaniel thinks of Bowden Jr. may be a huge factor here. I have heard that Bowden is extremely excited about the McDaniel hire. I'm sure Bowden is hoping McDaniel sees Bowden as having his Deebo or Patterson type already on the roster.

He's the best back in the class and generally underrated imo. Miami probably doesn't spend an early pick on RB, though, and Jerome Ford looks like a great fit.

I can’t decide on this; I was of the opinion he was the best RB in the country until I started looking more closely at Kenneth Walker III

Not totally against Barkley, but it would really depend on cost.

I would also point out that the Shanahan lineage has usually used the RBBC approach, which I know many dislike.

I like a RBBC but I still believe in having one who is the lead dog so to speak. The guy you know you want in on any crucial play.

I’m all in for Duke Johnson and Leonard Fournette

I like a RBBC but I still believe in having one who is the lead dog so to speak. The guy you know you want in on any crucial play.
I like that in theory, and it's possible, particularly if you draft the right guy, and have the right group.

In practice, I'm not sure that happens all that often. There are a limited amount of "do it all" backs in todays NFL. It would be awesome to have a 225lb, 4.4 guy with great vision, elite pass catching skills and the power to run between the tackles.

On the other hand, in todays NFL execution is king on crucial plays. The trick to making the RBBC philosophy work is having the right combination of guys, so their skillsets are diverse, yet overlap enough as not to be a "tell".

Just thinking via keyboard really, not arguing anything.

Back
Top Bottom