FA RBs to watch... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA RBs to watch...

As much as this team needs a RB and leadership on the offensive side of the ball I don’t know how you don’t sign Lenny Fournette. Dude has changed his entire persona after leaving Jacksonville and became a vocal leader in the Bucs locker room.

Give him 2 years $10mil with $7.5 guaranteed. Make him an offer he can’t refuse.

I believe were going to see zone blocking scheme- so a Lindsay can be retained for reasonable contact for one.. whoever best fits that system in draft or fa another.. Gaskin and Ahmed we can get upgrades. That was event when Duke and Lindsay came here.

As much as this team needs a RB and leadership on the offensive side of the ball I don’t know how you don’t sign Lenny Fournette. Dude has changed his entire persona after leaving Jacksonville and became a vocal leader in the Bucs locker room.

Give him 2 years $10mil with $7.5 guaranteed. Make him an offer he can’t refuse.
Not sure you're going to get Fournette on this low of a contract. OTC values him at 8Mper, now maybe it wont go that high because RB, but at the same time, any team that feels this is their year will probably enter his market.

I’d re-sign Lindsay and/or Duke and draft a RB no sooner than day 2. Don’t care for Gaskin or Ahmed tbh. Definitely don’t want all 4 back.

If we take a back as high as round 2, then it’s gotta be Walker, Hall, or Spiller. I like all 3. But I’m confident in McDaniel identifying some later talent at RB.

I have a thing for James Cook - Dalvin’s younger brother…. I know he’s undersized, but he reminds me a lot of Alvin Kamara when the ball is in his hands. Wouldn’t mind doubling up in the middle rounds and pairing Cook with someone like Pierce or Jerome Ford.

On what are you basing that statement?
His whopping 72 carries?
His career?

G Rush Yds Y/A TD Rec Yds TD
5 71 330 4.6 3 4 41 0
96 530 2261 4.3 11 311 2870 12
(sorry about the formatting)

Don't get me wrong, I like the Duke, and think he can have a place here, but there is nothing statistically that would support a statement that he is, what I would consider to be, a #1 back.

Also, given a lot of the philosophy on the board, I think many may be disappointed in how McD sees the position. SF, Shanahan, and his coaching lineage in general, all use the RBBC approach to a large extent.

If you have a great, durable 3 down back ala Derrick Henry or Marshawn Lynch that's great, but those guys are rare.
There's a time to focus on a player's past work but you also have to see when a young player grows into a markedly better player. Duke Johnson did what he did and we all saw it. His past work is irrelevant. The player that he was in 2021 is the player we want and That guy can help the Dolphins win and can be had for a fkn song.

There's a time to focus on a player's past work but you also have to see when a young player grows into a markedly better player. Duke Johnson did what he did and we all saw it. His past work is irrelevant. The player that he was in 2021 is the player we want and That guy can help the Dolphins win and can be had for a fkn song.
It was too small of a sample size to make that assumption definitively, IMO.

Anyway, don't act like I said don't bring him back. All I was saying is don't go into the season with the assumption that he is a "carry the load" game in, game out back, which is what most ppl mean by #1 RB.

Do you disagree with that?

Just keep Duke and Lindsay call it a day. We have other focuses
I feel like Duke and Lindsay are redundant with each other, which isnt a bad thing but it depends on money. I think Lindsay will want more money cuz his experience and original draft status. Meanwhile Duke is the better runner now. Duke over Lindsay is an easy choice if we have to choose.
But, I do think we should draft one guy of the 'lightning' variety (vs 'thunder'). He can compete with guys for that role.
Duke runs like the 'thunder' guy now.

Not sure you're going to get Fournette on this low of a contract. OTC values him at 8Mper, now maybe it wont go that high because RB, but at the same time, any team that feels this is their year will probably enter his market.
Agreed. He'd probably be expensive. He's more of a gap scheme back than a zone back. He lacks the top end that those schemes tend to favor.

I feel like Duke and Lindsay are redundant with each other, which isnt a bad thing but it depends on money. I think Lindsay will want more money cuz his experience and original draft status. Meanwhile Duke is the better runner now. Duke over Lindsay is an easy choice if we have to choose.
But, I do think we should draft one guy of the 'lightning' variety (vs 'thunder'). He can compete with guys for that role.
Duke runs like the 'thunder' guy now.
I agree that Duke is a much better fit. He's more explosive and better as a receiver. Duke is also bigger. I do like Lindsay a bit better in pass pro, but that's it. I would like Duke back as part of the RB room.

I still would like another vet RB signed. IMO every position group should have a vet or two. I like Mostert who shouldn't be too expensive due to his injury history or Patterson, especially if we go with the Atlanta guy at OC.

Jerome Ford was mentioned in the draft forum and from the little I've seen looks like a really good fit. He's probably around a 4th round pick.

The commodity that seems a bit more scarce, but maybe huge for us is FB. I'm not sure who's out there or if a guy like Doaks could fit that role.

Back
Top Bottom