FA RBs to watch... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA RBs to watch...

I want to bring back Duke and take a shot Mostert.

I think I would rather go with a pair of backs in the draft. maybe one early and another later on day 3.

I've been riding the "don't draft RB's" for awhile now but after these past 3 years I think it's time to invest, some good backs are emerging and playing big roles on their teams

Here are some of the free agents RBs to watch who are fast and 30 years old or less. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Fins target some of these players.

• Boston Scott, 26, Phi, RFA
  • Matt Breida, 26,Buf, UFA, Played for the Fins and wasnt very good, but had very productive seasons under McDaniel maintaining 5 YPC in SF.
  • Jalen Richard, 28, LV, UFA
  • Tevin Cloeman, 28, NYJ, UFA, previous experience with McDaniel.
  • Raheem Mostert, 29, SF, UFA(4.32), experience with McDaniel.
  • Jerick McKinnon, 29, KC, UFA, previous experience with McDaniel.
  • Cordarrelle Patterson,30, ATL, UFA
  • Philip Lindsay, 27, Mia, UFA
I suspect McDaniel will take a chance on Mostert, Coleman or Breida. Not a great list, taking injuries into account, but rebounds happen all the time.

Sign Patterson. He will not command a ton of money compared what he can do for a team, rushing ,receiving ,special teams. We have the money to even overpay him on a two yr deal. He would take the pressure off some of our younger players and be a good weapon for Tua

Sign Patterson. He will not command a ton of money compared what he can do for a team, rushing ,receiving ,special teams. We have the money to even overpay him on a two yr deal. He would take the pressure off some of our younger players and be a good weapon for Tua
Patterson could low key be a very good pickup

Like many suggested, I would take Mostert on a 1 or 2 year deal. I’d still want to draft a guy early though.

Matt Breida and Lindsay, if inexpensive. Draft a RB in the later rounds.

Not Mostert. I'm wary of RBs coming off injury. Plus he's getting up there in RB years.

Unless you've got a world killer at RB I don't think you should invest heavily in them. You can find someone to fill in if you've got the scheme and the blocking.

Edit: and I'm open to bring back Duke on a good deal

Back
Top Bottom