FA RBs to watch... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA RBs to watch...

I like that in theory, and it's possible, particularly if you draft the right guy, and have the right group.

In practice, I'm not sure that happens all that often. There are a limited amount of "do it all" backs in todays NFL. It would be awesome to have a 225lb, 4.4 guy with great vision, elite pass catching skills and the power to run between the tackles.

On the other hand, in todays NFL execution is king on crucial plays. The trick to making the RBBC philosophy work is having the right combination of guys, so their skillsets are diverse, yet overlap enough as not to be a "tell".

Just thinking via keyboard really, not arguing anything.

Well they don't necessarily have to be elite in all areas, but when you have a guy that is at least good all around and hopefully more than good running the ball you can keep the defense more honest.

I can’t decide on this; I was of the opinion he was the best RB in the country until I started looking more closely at Kenneth Walker III

Like Walker, too, but his limited experience as a receiver is a concern, and I think Hall is just a different dude all around. Think he ends up one of the best backs in the league sooner than later.

Like Walker, too, but his limited experience as a receiver is a concern, and I think Hall is just a different dude all around. Think he ends up one of the best backs in the league sooner than later.
Penny would be ideal I remember you loved him in the draft

Penny would be ideal I remember you loved him in the draft

Yeah, he'd be awesome for sure. Has the speed/burst to excel, and he'd run through more arm tackles than most backs this scheme would use. Not a lot of guys are really fast and consistently break arm tackles, and the scheme favors very fast. Ford isn't as good as Penny, but if Penny is too expensive, he has a lot of the same attributes.

I personally don't think any of these guys are better than who we already have (considering we keep Lindsay). I think we role with Duke, Gaskin and Lindsay and draft someone in rounds 3-6...
I agree. I do like a Patterson if he’s cheap. Or bring back Brieda. I’m not sold on Lindsay. I like the rest of our backs though. Definitely want Duke in here next season.

As much as this team needs a RB and leadership on the offensive side of the ball I don’t know how you don’t sign Lenny Fournette. Dude has changed his entire persona after leaving Jacksonville and became a vocal leader in the Bucs locker room.

Give him 2 years $10mil with $7.5 guaranteed. Make him an offer he can’t refuse.

the guy is a great pass catcher too and physical

During the season, I liked Hall the most. I didn’t think as much of Spiller.

But now that McDaniel is here, I think Spiller is ideally suited for what McDaniel will run. Don’t be surprised if Miami prioritizes Spiller in the draft.

If we sign a veteran LT and C, then draft David Bell at 29 and Spiller in the second, this offense can take a huge leap, particularly if our holdover linemen are put in the right spots and taught better.

This is all do-able.

I don't see any sense in Fournette to Miami. He's a gap scheme RB in what should be a zone run scheme. He would have made sense any time over the last three years. In fact, I listed him among the RBs I would like to bring in. But now? They will look for speedy, one cut RBs.

I don't see any sense in Fournette to Miami. He's a gap scheme RB in what should be a zone run scheme. He would have made sense any time over the last three years. In fact, I listed him among the RBs I would like to bring in. But now? They will look for speedy, one cut RBs.
Isn’t that what we’ve had over the past 3 seasons? With the exceptions of the garbage we have had. Like Balage, Brown, and that other guy who was somehow worse than Balage but still looked in Philly again.

Patterson is older…but I live in Atlanta and watched a few games….dude runs angry - like when Knowshon was here….

He runs like he is just mad at everyone on the defense….always gives his all….

Honestly, I'd just keep Lindsay and Duke and draft a 3rd or 4th round 220LB guy with hands.
I like the idea of signing Patterson. Like his versatility and think McDaniel would maximize his abilities.

Agree, draft a bigger back. Robinson of Alabama maybe.

90% of the league uses running back by committee

Back
Top Bottom