Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

that’s not a fair comparison.

the real question is how good can deshaun be compared to Tua the #3,18 and both seconds which would probably be the comp for Watson. Personally don’t see it worth it
I think DW has achieved a level that is hard to improve upon, maybe just doing it next year and the next 5. He is a top 5 QB on a horrific team. No comparison, just saying that if Tua can come close to him we’ll be better than fine but it’s an if, whereas DW already proved who he is. I’m personally torn, love Tua, and don’t think DW will command a trade nor do I think the Texans will do it.

Mortenson reporting that the rumors are true, and that Watson would listen to the Miami dolphins if they go after him
Wow, I am surprised. It must be worse than I thought over there but hearing JJ apologize kind of puts it he reality of the depth of ineptness at the forefront.

Just what I said all week. This is a no brainer for me but I don't run the team.

When it comes down to it, I can't believe that clamor for a guy that one 4 games this year. Oh yes, they traded Deandre Hopkins, what a bad move! Of course it was.

Let me put it like this - if this guy went down to 4 wins mostly because he lost his starting WR, what is he going to do on a team that spent too much of the year with Jakeem Grant as his main option? Yeah I know he put up numbers, but it's about winning. A great quarterback should never have a 4 win season unless he was injured much of the year. Because if you lose 12 games in a year, you aren't a great quarterback.

You do realize we can still make some moves to improve the Offense right. Is it written somewhere that our team stays 100% as is if we trade for DW?

When it comes down to it, I can't believe that clamor for a guy that one 4 games this year. Oh yes, they traded Deandre Hopkins, what a bad move! Of course it was.

Let me put it like this - if this guy went down to 4 wins mostly because he lost his starting WR, what is he going to do on a team that spent too much of the year with Jakeem Grant as his main option? Yeah I know he put up numbers, but it's about winning. A great quarterback should never have a 4 win season unless he was injured much of the year. Because if you lose 12 games in a year, you aren't a great quarterback.
Had nothing to do with their monumentally bad defense, right? Without his fantastic 4800 yards 33 td and 7 int season, Houston is 0-16, we're drafting Trevor Lawrence and this is a moot point. However, Deshaun had his team in every damn game with a dog meat team. Please stop with the 4-12 argument, it's nonsense. Go back and look at last year before his team was ravaged and how he was in the playoffs, putting up big numbers and winning.

If you don't want to make the deal for picks, I understand but there is literally no argument for not wanting this guy on your team as a player.

Had nothing to do with their monumentally bad defense, right? Without his fantastic 4800 yards 33 td and 7 int season, Houston is 0-16, we're drafting Trevor Lawrence and this is a moot point. However, Deshaun had his team in every damn game with a dog meat team. Please stop with the 4-12 argument, it's nonsense. Go back and look at last year before his team was ravaged and how he was in the playoffs, putting up big numbers and winning.

If you don't want to make the deal for picks, I understand but there is literally no argument for not wanting this guy on your team as a player.
He won a playoff game against Houston that an immature Josh Allen choked away. Thats his one playoff win. This guy has never even reached a conference championship game.

Deshaun Watson is a good player, but the hype and what he thinks of himself doesn't match what he's actually done.

I've been a vocal critic of Tua and the team's insistence on playing him this year, but I'm completely ok banking on Tua being the better qb two years from now.

I would never say I wouldn't want the guy on my team. But I wouldn't deal Tua or the ability to surround him with weapons to do so.

You should really do your research...Do you have any idea what Tua projections were had he played 16 games? Do you have any idea how close even with all our offensive challeges he was to those numbers you say you don't see him giving us?

Yikes! :bobdole:

Now onto Houston...If I'm there GM I'm asking for Miami's 4 picks. I'd say give us back our #3 and 2nd round pick you took advantage of us for and we'll also take your #18 and #56. Oh! We're going to draft a Qb at 3 and we'll take yours just incase.
So, then Houston would create a QB controversey with Tua and a QB taken at #3?....but it would be dumb if we did that ourselves, right?

So, then Houston would create a QB controversey with Tua and a QB taken at #3?....but it would be dumb if we did that ourselves, right?

Lol...Yep! That's the QB contraversey those fans are foing to be focusing on...Not the Qb they let go.

Love how you conveniently left out he was coming of a hips surgery and had a complete off season. Not to mention he had Reggie Bush AND Lamar Miller in his backfield.

Hmm why did the team look better with a 16 year vet considering no offseason? Hmmmm...
Reggie Bush was a pretty marginal nfl player whose reputation didn't match the production. Lamar Miller was a seldom used 3rd stringer. Lamar Miller was a good runner but during his entire tenure the team refused to let him take the burden for offensive production off Tannehill.

You do realize we can still make some moves to improve the Offense right. Is it written somewhere that our team stays 100% as is if we trade for DW?
No, but we would lose a significant part of our ability to do so by having to also trade draft picks.

Do not be confused st the status of the roster just because of 10 wins. While technically we are a young roster nearly allour difference makers are at their peak. This team desperately needs some young difference makers.

We can't keep depending on our difference makers coming from FA. That will soon inhibit your cap situation and guys at year 5 are not far from the decline phase outside of qb.

I think we have a significant amount of non fa young playmakers and hope we get more. I was one of Tua biggest supporters, still am, love that kid and his potential but it’s potential.

If we have the rare opportunity to snag a pro bowl QB without, repeat without, completely sacrificing our future cap/pick wise I would certainly look into it seriously. We would be finally set at the position for a long while.

I trust and support whatever this regime does on the matter.

Reggie Bush was a pretty marginal nfl player whose reputation didn't match the production. Lamar Miller was a seldom used 3rd stringer. Lamar Miller was a good runner but during his entire tenure the team refused to let him take the burden for offensive production off Tannehill.

Yet they were both better than anything we have right now...

Back
Top Bottom