Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

that’s not a fair comparison.

the real question is how good can deshaun be compared to Tua the #3,18 and both seconds which would probably be the comp for Watson. Personally don’t see it worth it

You don't think he's likely to get better headed into next season with hopefully an offseason training program, better healthy, 1 year of NFL experience, his talked about work ethic, and an infusion of talent?
It up too Tua..he got make it happen. What ever he need do get better. During off season..I am just fan of dolphins. Players come and go..I am still going be here. Good or bad.

Looking at how Flo has maneuvered things in the past, knowing how (as a spectator) he thinks by his actions, I would say that he will keep Tua and all of this years picks and not deal with the Texans.

But...Watson is a dynamite player. Flo will take his time with this one for sure. It's a huge decision! Whatever he does I'll back him up all the way. I believe in Flo!

Question: How old is Watson?

I say that because Grier and Flores are committed to Tua.

Looking at how Flo has maneuvered things in the past, knowing how (as a spectator) he thinks by his actions, I would say that he will keep Tua and all of this years picks and not deal with the Texans.

But...Watson is a dynamite player. Flo will take his time with this one for sure. It's a huge decision! Whatever he does I'll back him up all the way. I believe in Flo!

Question: How old is Watson?
25 years old

I am not here to discuss whether we should keep Tua or not.
I simply want to have a conversation about his trade value.

Lets assume Watson is not happy with Hou and want to get out. Lets also assume Hou wants a complete tear down and rebuild.

We are in a unique situation that other teams do not have. We have abundance of picks and we have a high projection young qb in Tua to offer. No team in the league has these two attributes.

Of cause Hou would start with asking for the moon, and of cause we would start with low ball offer.

What would be our bottom line? What would be the best we can do?
For me, I give them Tua, a 3 this year and a second round next year. This way, we can use our second this year or add a third to jump few spots from 18, thus still take a top flight wr as weapon for Watson.

There is no guarantee Tua will ever be a top flight QB in this league. Watson already is. I'd have to make this deal if offered. I'd trade Tua and this year's 2 firsts if that's what it took. Figure out the rest later.

We haven't had a true franchise QB on this team since Marino. How much longer????

What would you all have traded to get Marino at age 25?

Y'all kill me with these fan base comments. We have had one of the worst franchises in sports for almost 20 years and y'all wanna throw constant shade at the fan base lol
I'm with you on the frustration over the last 20 years, really I am. But let's not exaggerate. Our cumulative record over the last 20 yrs is 15th in the league - ever so slightly above average. Playoff appearances put us in a mass tie around average. Yes average and mediocre sucks, but not anywhere near the worst in the NFL, much less all 4 pro sports.

As to on topic - man it's tough. My preference for the NFL is that a team with a decent young qb and more overall talent from draft picks and cap room should be better than a team with a great qb and less elsewhere. But the way the league is now....I guess I'd go for Tua, #3 and #36...maybe...

I never thought ill say this but i want to see Tua grow. Watson ain't a winner. He had killer offense when Hopkins was there and a top 12 Defense and was 1 and done in the playoffs. No way ill give up 2 1st rounds and Tua. But I will do Tua for Watson straight up. Watson right now the better player and Tua need a tremendous amount of work. Tua is like a 4 year til good type of player

One thing not being talked about too much on this Howard is WHY Watson wants out. He’s not happy with Ownership because they didn’t check with him on a GM hire? That’s a huge red flag to me. If I’m the Texans owner, my thinking is that I’m gonna hire the guy I feel is the best man for the job. I’m not going to be blackmailed into hiring a guy that my QB thinks is the best man for the job. I’m paying my QB to throw the ball......Not try and run the franchise.

My question is if DW pulls this crap in Houston....What’s to stop him pulling that crap here? I don’t want any part of Watson. Period.

I never thought ill say this but i want to see Tua grow. Watson ain't a winner. He had killer offense when Hopkins was there and a top 12 Defense and was 1 and done in the playoffs. No way ill give up 2 1st rounds and Tua. But I will do Tua for Watson straight up. Watson right now the better player and Tua need a tremendous amount of work. Tua is like a 4 year til good type of player
Watson was 1 and done the very 1st time he made the playoffs which is pretty normal. How many QB's do you think make deep playoff runs in their very 1st post season. He won a playoff game in his 2nd post season outing and he didn't have a top 12 defense his defense was 19th.

i wouldnt give 2 first round picks for anyone, much less for someone with that contract.

One thing not being talked about too much on this Howard is WHY Watson wants out. He’s not happy with Ownership because they didn’t check with him on a GM hire? That’s a huge red flag to me. If I’m the Texans owner, my thinking is that I’m gonna hire the guy I feel is the best man for the job. I’m not going to be blackmailed into hiring a guy that my QB thinks is the best man for the job. I’m paying my QB to throw the ball......Not try and run the franchise.

My question is if DW pulls this crap in Houston....What’s to stop him pulling that crap here? I don’t want any part of Watson. Period.
Trading away two drafts for Tunsil....Trading away his best receiver (Deandre Hopkins)...now lying to him about him being in the loop regarding a new GM?....I get his frustrations and reasons!

"Watson ain't a winner"? I think he won a national championship in his last college football game, against the (at the time)" best college football team ever".

Watson sucks. I'd rather have Tannehill back, and that says a lot because I just put the tape on, and Baltimore showed no respect for Tannehill. I'm a guru so don't even question my tapes. They stacked the box all day to shut down Henry and all Tannehill could do is throw a pick to seal the defeat late in the game. Hips.

Trading away two drafts for Tunsil....Trading away his best receiver (Deandre Hopkins)...now lying to him about him being in the loop regarding a new GM?....I get his frustrations and reasons!
I get him being pissed about the lack of talent and the VERY stupid trades. I have no problem with him asking for a trade for that reason. But he’s asking for a trade because his buddy didn’t get an interview? Not acceptable in my opinion. He’s a QB.....Not the VP of Football Operations. I don’t want that kind of guy here. It’s taken Flores long enough to build a good culture on this team.

Back
Top Bottom