Fangio is looking to re-invent the wheel with our "D" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio is looking to re-invent the wheel with our "D"

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Excellent.

I've been trying to convey to ppl that the guy is not some rigid "one trick pony". All this talk of players not being a "scheme fit" has been largely overstated. A good coordinator is flexible and figures out the best way to use player's talents. That's not to say he won't try to bring in players that may better suit his vision. I'm sure he will, but assuming he only knows one way to coach, or that he is locked into one rigid formula seems silly. Kind of like when ppl were saying McD only knew the running game.

The one thing I did fear with getting Fangio is that he may be set in certain ways. We have seen the best teams have different game plans and adjustments at half time to win consistently. We had splashes of that last season but mostly on offence, while the defence seemed very predictable and desperate at times.

Sweet! Can't wait ! FK so long to Wait

tired computer GIF by Much

“Reinvent the wheel” has a negative connotation… as in you shouldn’t reinvent something that is already perfect.

Was that your intent, to suggest that he’s trying to improve something that cannot be improved?

“Reinvent the wheel” has a negative connotation… as in you shouldn’t reinvent something that is already perfect.

Was that your intent, to suggest that he’s trying to improve something that cannot be improved?
It is a bit of an odd choice of words, but it isn't difficult to glean that OP meant it as a positive.

Excellent.

I've been trying to convey to ppl that the guy is not some rigid "one trick pony". All this talk of players not being a "scheme fit" has been largely overstated. A good coordinator is flexible and figures out the best way to use player's talents. That's not to say he won't try to bring in players that may better suit his vision. I'm sure he will, but assuming he only knows one way to coach, or that he is locked into one rigid formula seems silly. Kind of like when ppl were saying McD only knew the running game.
As always, you are on the mark. This is a terrific hire for Miami. There's a lot of talent on this defense to work with with as well.

Back
Top Bottom