Fangio is looking to re-invent the wheel with our "D" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio is looking to re-invent the wheel with our "D"

Copyright. - LOL

Like when the state house in Illinois passed a law to copyright mathematical value for "pi". They rounded it up to "4.0" to make it easier for engineers and mathematicians to use (true, look it up in the book "The History of Pi"). This is not a joke, but it is funny.

You should have seen the look on that cashier's face when I bought the book. - LOL

So you see, you are "politician" material. - LOL
How does 3.14 get rounded to 4????

Copyright. - LOL

Like when the state house in Illinois passed a law to copyright mathematical value for "pi". They rounded it up to "4.0" to make it easier for engineers and mathematicians to use (true, look it up in the book "The History of Pi"). This is not a joke, but it is funny.

You should have seen the look on that cashier's face when I bought the book. - LOL

Lol I would never make it as a politician. I would be far to progressive in returning the power to the people. Just levity here. O more politics

Last edited:
Politicians are not as smart as they think they are. - LOL

This certainly would explain the City of Chicago; don't you agree?
Literally nothing explains Chicago. Baffling how that Lightfoot moron still has a job.......
Tempting… But as we all know guys we don’t do politics here! Future administrator haha!

Tempting… But as we all know guys we don’t do politics here! Future administrator haha!
Has nothing to do with politics. Stupidity and incompetence has no party affiliation. AFAIC, idiots are idiots. I just calls em as I sees em. Unless you are denying she is an idiot? In which case you are the one looking with a political eye by defending the indefensible.

When it's safer for a soldier/Marine in an Afghanistan combat zone, than a citizen in a major metropolitan American city, there's a valid issue, and has zero to do with political agendas. Would you not agree?

Last edited:
Lol I would never make it as a politician. I would be far to progressive in returning the power to the people. Just levity here. O more politics
I know how you feel, I see myself as a Libertarian.

When I started to go in for dialysis, I found out I was born to be a politician.

My veins were shallow and crooked, making it hard to get the needle stuck into me.

Good thing Fin Heaven is my only drug of choice. - LOL

After much prevarication over a prolonged period I can’t make a decision (possible politician material). On the one hand I frequently talk out of my anus (politician material there then) on the other hand I do occasionally make sense (not qualified there)
Let me sit on the fence, make some glib non commmital type statements and see what everyone else thinks (dammit I could be a politician)

After much prevarication over a prolonged period I can’t make a decision (possible politician material). On the one hand I frequently talk out of my anus (politician material there then) on the other hand I do occasionally make sense (not qualified there)
Let me sit on the fence, make some glib non commmital type statements and see what everyone else thinks (dammit I could be a politician)

It can't be that difficult.

Look at the ones we have now. - LOL

The Goat gave the answers I was looking for. Was curious how he did defensively against Mahomes. He did pretty well, not concerned about if he won since that isn’t important really, but did he slow him down enough to help a team with a good offence to succeed, which I don’t believe he had in Denver.
I think Miami has the offence once it is evened out to beat anyone, but you need a defence to slow another teams offence, elite QB, and Fangio should do that here in Miami.

Ray you devil you!
You caught me.

I was once a City Councilman (at Large).

I had been going to city council meetings as a spectator and realized it was interesting and something I could do in the evening. It even paid money, So, I ran for Councilman at large, which meant i would represent citizens from all four districts. I lost, but only by 13 votes. OK, that was fun, so I kept going to Council meetings. Two months later one of the at-large Councilmen resigned. The City Council appointed me to replace him, since I was the runner up. My term would only be for two years then the seat would open for election.

I won that next election. Then the council elected me the President of Council. I didn't want it. I liked being part of the council but had no wish to be in charge. Many of my predecessors wanted the position and were very upset when they weren't re-elected to it.

As President of Council, I also had to fill in for the mayor at the weekly Mayors court. Those courts typically heard 50 to 100 cases an evening. When there were more than 100 cases to be heard, we would allow those who wished to, to attend a second mayors court that was scheduled later in the week.

The second or third time I had to work at the mayors court, one of the people I worked with was in on the docket. Most of what we heard were traffic tickets. It would usually take less than a minute. It went like this:

Charges were read by the clerk.
I asked how the defendant pleaded, guilty, not guilty or no contest.
Most pleaded no contest (not saying they were guilty but not contesting the ticket).
I would direct them to the clerk to pay the fine and call up the next defendant.

My friend from work came up, pleaded no contest and went to see the clerk. On his way I asked him if was going to speak with me tomorrow at work. He said he would have to think about it.

Anyway, after 4 years I chose not to run again. I had learned a lot about wat the city did to maintain itself, the fire department, the police department the board of health, the building department and contracted services.

I'm glad I did it and I hope other folks without any special agendas would consider running for local office. It helps keep the population knowledgeable as to what elected officials really do.

Back
Top Bottom