Fangio is looking to re-invent the wheel with our "D" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio is looking to re-invent the wheel with our "D"

Gotta wonder why you choose to describe Fangio as Fangina. Despite the obvious it reminds me of Mangini somehow… Love how you use terms like flexible, adapts to all shapes and sizes, haha - Guess deep down you’re not happy with the signing or maybe the jury is just still out with you?
I love the hire and believe Fangio will revolutionize Miami’s defense in a similar way Buddy Ryan did with the Chicago Bears famed 4-6 Defense.

Last edited:
I did not take his interview that way at all. My takeaway was that he’s always looking to improve. His system is his system. That’s a big stretch from reinventing the wheel.

If reinventing the wheel means constantly updating and improving your defense to be able to better (or batter) the oppositions offense and maximise the abilities of your players then yep I'm all for it.
But isn't that what every team should be doing?

I'm ready to trade mark the following ready for T shirts and posters etc;
I'm With Fange
Your O is worse than our Fange
But my personnal favourite is;
I'm a Fange man

The above are all copyright Neptune at FH

Fangio reminds me of JR Ewing........he used to say "can’t get in the front door, get in the back"........Fangio will mix things up and will get the max out of his players.

Yeah I have to agree…”Reinvent the wheel” is a bit misleading take… As if you can somehow compare NFL defenses in all their complexity to a “wheel” is disingenuous. Some are going worry that we’re going to become some kind of defensive experiment and therefore “likely to fail” - When in fact all he said is he had a couple of different new coverage schemes that he wants to implement as a result of studying from afar while “on sabbatical”. So yeah it is positive! Newsflash!
You have to apply the context that this is a hyper competitive industry. If you don't reinvent yourself you will become non relevant. However most of us are relating this to our normal day to day life without hyper competition.

I know I'll be called out for saying this but my excitement for an improved defense is just not there when I think about having to face Mahomes in the playoffs, doesn't matter how good our defense is, if we can't score 30+ points each week we have no chance at a Superbowl.

I'm happy we have Fangio don't get me wrong but in today's NFL a good defense doesn't get you as far as it use too.

As a HC, Fangio was 0-6 against Mahomes. However, his defenses held Mahomes to under 200 passing yards in 3 of those games.

If reinventing the wheel means constantly updating and improving your defense to be able to better (or batter) the oppositions offense and maximise the abilities of your players then yep I'm all for it.

I'm With Fange
I'm a Fange man

Remember the context is he took a year off to reflect ND reinvent his scheme while looking at the modern game.
Yes all teams do this but he had the opportunity as an individual to take a step back and watch the game while having the free time because he was not coaching.

Respectfully disagree to a degree.

I enjoyed all of Danny's years. As elite as they come...but the defense....

Need a balance here. An elite QB with a avg or better D and you have a decent shot.

A very good QB (like ours) with a very good D and you have a decent shot.

An awful QB like the one the Jets drafted in the top 5 a couple years ago (number 2 was it, don't remember his name) and no matter if your D is all pro up and down, you are just gonna suck it.

I believe you have made your point. - LOL

Gotta wonder why you choose to describe Fangio as Fangina. Despite the obvious it reminds me of Mangini somehow… Love how you use terms like flexible, adapts to all shapes and sizes, haha - Guess deep down you’re not happy with the signing or maybe the jury is just still out with you?
Maybe he will be "convicted". - LOL

Remember the context is he took a year off to reflect ND reinvent his scheme while looking at the modern game.
Yes all teams do this but he had the opportunity as an individual to take a step back and watch the game while having the free time because he was not coaching.

Can you spell "commitment"!
This seems to be a behavior that is beyond some of our poster's comprehension. - LOL

YES, I am talking about the "Lemmings". - LOL

I'm With Fange
I'm a Fange man

Copyright. - LOL

Like when the state house in Illinois passed a law to copyright mathematical value for "pi". They rounded it up to "4.0" to make it easier for engineers and mathematicians to use (true, look it up in the book "The History of Pi"). This is not a joke, but it is funny.

You should have seen the look on that cashier's face when I bought the book. - LOL

So you see, you are "politician" material. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom