Fangio is looking to re-invent the wheel with our "D" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio is looking to re-invent the wheel with our "D"

I know I'll be called out for saying this but my excitement for an improved defense is just not there when I think about having to face Mahomes in the playoffs, doesn't matter how good our defense is, if we can't score 30+ points each week we have no chance at a Superbowl.

I'm happy we have Fangio don't get me wrong but in today's NFL a good defense doesn't get you as far as it use too.

I know I'll be called out for saying this but my excitement for an improved defense is just not there when I think about having to face Mahomes in the playoffs, doesn't matter how good our defense is, if we can't score 30+ points each week we have no chance at a Superbowl.

I'm happy we have Fangio don't get me wrong but in today's NFL a good defense doesn't get you as far as it use too.
Respectfully disagree to a degree.

I enjoyed all of Danny's years. As elite as they come...but the defense....

Need a balance here. An elite QB with a avg or better D and you have a decent shot.

A very good QB (like ours) with a very good D and you have a decent shot.

An awful QB like the one the Jets drafted in the top 5 a couple years ago (number 2 was it, don't remember his name) and no matter if your D is all pro up and down, you are just gonna suck it.

Respectfully disagree to a degree.

I enjoyed all of Danny's years. As elite as they come...but the defense....

Need a balance here. An elite QB with a avg or better D and you have a decent shot.

A very good QB (like ours) with a very good D and you have a decent shot.

An awful QB like the one the Jets drafted in the top 5 a couple years ago (number 2 was it, don't remember his name) and no matter if your D is all pro up and down, you are just gonna suck it.
Two things...

1) I love the fact that the Jesters blew that pick...
2) I love the fact that one particular person here at FH is so in love with his ahem... pale QB... that he had the poor SOB as his avatar...

Chuckle...

Two things...

2) I love the fact that one particular person here at FH is so in love with his ahem... pale QB... that he had the poor SOB as his avatar...

Chuckle...
Really do tell more /🤣

Two things...

Chuckle...
I actually wish the Yets had not blown that pick that badly - ie. Wilson was bad to mediocre, rather than awful, so they might give him a year or 2 more chances. The Yets D, with both ROY's, and Breece Hall is scary with Rogers, or Jackson, or Carr.....etc

I actually wish the Yets had not blown that pick that badly - ie. Wilson was bad to mediocre, rather than awful, so they might give him a year or 2 more chances. The Yets D, with both ROY's, and Breece Hall is scary with Rogers, or Jackson, or Carr.....etc
Wonder the comparisons he gets to people like Herbert et all in the Jets forum. Even better would be his comparison to Mr Irrelevant this year.

You know... that's dark... devious...

My hat is off to you, sir.

You know... that's dark... devious...

My hat is off to you, sir.
ZW pick by the Jets is another example of a perfect way to ruin a QB from both sides:
1. Wilson should have stayed at BYU for another year and learned to read coverage.
2. Jets further ruined him by starting him.

I don’t believe in starting a rookie QB unless he played through his senior season and dominates in camp and pre-season.

ZW pick by the Jets is another example of a perfect way to ruin a QB from both sides:
1. Wilson should have stayed at BYU for another year and learned to read coverage.
2. Jets further ruined him by starting him.

I don’t believe in starting a rookie QB unless he played through his senior season and dominates in camp and pre-season.
Not sure mate. He had the skills apparently but when I look at his pretty boy eyes I just said to myself...he's no Joe Namath.

Maybe he will get released, grow a pair and man up at some point. After puberty perhaps lol

It is a bit of an odd choice of words, but it isn't difficult to glean that OP meant it as a positive.
Yeah I have to agree…”Reinvent the wheel” is a bit misleading take… As if you can somehow compare NFL defenses in all their complexity to a “wheel” is disingenuous. Some are going worry that we’re going to become some kind of defensive experiment and therefore “likely to fail” - When in fact all he said is he had a couple of different new coverage schemes that he wants to implement as a result of studying from afar while “on sabbatical”. So yeah it is positive! Newsflash!

Not sure mate. He had the skills apparently but when I look at his pretty boy eyes I just said to myself...he's no Joe Namath.

Maybe he will get released, grow a pair and man up at some point. After puberty perhaps lol
BYU is famous for that pretty boy look, but has birthed its share of great QBs. And you would be shocked at how many top tier film actors went to BYU.

I prefer my QB to have eyes like Marino.

Fear not! The Fangina Defense is flexible and adapts to all shapes and sizes of…Offenses.

As @Awsi Dooger sardonically stated, Fangio “the great healer” is upon us.
Gotta wonder why you choose to describe Fangio as Fangina. Despite the obvious it reminds me of Mangini somehow… Love how you use terms like flexible, adapts to all shapes and sizes, haha - Guess deep down you’re not happy with the signing or maybe the jury is just still out with you?

Yeah I’ll call you out Chad on this one… Sounds like you would just want to give up and award the AFC title to Mahomes till he retires! Ha ha, you should get excited… We got the best guy out there! Rejoice!

Back
Top Bottom