Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers

sorry for posting the tweet link but it is what it is and im sure there are alot more like it.

@ckparrothead the thing is... i listen to your podcast and travis', not religiously but if im outside smoking food all day or in my office and im burnt out on my youtube playlist then ill link up. i dont always have to agree with what yall are saying, nor even always like it, but its fins stuff to listen to and i love my fins. i even appreciate the content you add to the site... the only thing is, and i was told this a longgg time ago because most people at my job kind of got aggravated with my arrogance and know-it-all self (because quite frankly i was and still am the best :-) ) BUT you dont always have to be the smartest man in the room.

its what you said in your tweet from years back, and not much has changed, you sense hostility on the site at the time, but its mainly because you never allow someone to speak over you or question you. hell for **** and giggles one day, let one of us nobodies know more than you. i have zero insider information, nor do i spend time with anyone in the system that may, hell i prob know more rumors in regards to Carolina than i would Miami, but if someone ribs ya, just play along.

i dont give a damn about if you were wrong about weeden, hell noone is perfect, his biggest knock was age i think not talent (maybe system IIRC), i hope you're wrong about Rosen, but dont say you ARE right about him.

as far as getting pull to your podcasts.... dude make a signature. all of us lounge guys are nutty as ****, and about all of us under our signature have a link directly to the lounge. we have one poster who updates his often with "hot lounge thread alert" you have over 50000 posts, imagine if all those post had a cool 3 YPC signature up under it, with flashing links saying "click here for newest podcast". so every thread you post in, BAM theres your advertising and a direct link to your podcast.

FFM told me he loves the thought of the sigs and links because most of us lounge guys do post in the main, and it gets the lounge all over the threads. so its worth giving that a shot, will probably get some more traffic.

but biggest thing is, be one of the guys, we have some very intelligent posters who are awesome guys, who can be just one of the guys at times. that would also probably go a bit of a ways towards getting your podcast more hits. instead of mocking you they might be more likely to say "Hey i dont agree with chris but he's a good dude, give it a shot" also if you're one of the guys and "go along to get along" who knows if you do post the podcast in the main, they might overlook it for a day or something instead of moving it to the subforum within half a second.

sorry for the mods who might be telling me to go to hell for this post, or for Chris if this post is ludacrisp, not to be confused with super sugar crisp. but honestly the steps i see in order are...make your sig with a direct link to the subforum, dont always have to be the smartest man in the room, and then finally try to be one of the guys....FYI POFO doesnt make you one of the guys ;-) sorry @phins_4_ever lol

One, I appreciate the legitimate suggestions about improving the podcast and/or getting more listeners. Getting more listeners isn't really high on my radar, but I'm always looking to improve the quality of the podcast.

Two, I'm not buying any of this "Hey I'm just looking out for YOU, man" bull sh-t, especially when you evidently just got done mining 7+ years worth of tweets to try and find some that you think for some reason would be embarrassing to bring up. I'm not going to apologize or be embarrassed for calling TedSlimmJr an ass 7 or 8 years ago when he had just got done saying that I'm a fraud. We've long since buried it, and it's really none of your guys business. It's between Slimm and I.

And if you're interpreting my "Meh, not really" comment as being a wide judgment of every poster on FH then that's an incorrect interpretation. Simon and I have known each other for 20 years. We both understood what he meant when he asked if there is still "a good guy" at FH and it isn't what you're interpreting. It was much more specific than you think. Sorry to disappoint you, as I'm sure it took some time to mine 7 to 10 years worth of tweets in order to find your "smoking gun".

As for this place and the way it's run by some of these moderators, I think it's ridiculous, quite frankly. You have moderators that don't even pay attention to their own rules, that are all too willing to resort to insults and antagonism, most often completely unprovoked. They can't take even an ounce of criticism about the management of the site without resorting to acting like children. Too many of them value officiousness over what's good for business. As someone who evaluates businesses, it's striking to me how unprofessional it is around here with some of these mods. But I guess that's to be expected. I'm not delusional enough to think that a policy affecting my podcast threads is materially impacting their bottom line. It's more symptom of a broader issue. And that's why I made my snipe-ish remark about the next fundraising effort.

That's what people aren't getting, here. My bringing up the issue has nothing to do with believing threads on a message board are going to materially impact our listener counts. Trust me, they're not. We have way too many listeners for that to even be a blip on our radar. And I have way too many other things in my life, a real job being one of them, to fight tooth and nail for an extra 0.5% listenership on a podcast whose seasonal revenues barely qualify as weekend money in my budget.

This was, and is, about my legitimately marveling that the policymakers started a policy because it "sounded" nice, got a BUNCH of feedback from regular posters around here saying that they don't really think it should be done this way, being able to see numbers plainly that my kindergartner could interpret, but remaining stubborn because of personal dislikes and the absolute OCD-like need to have everything be in its own properly labeled place.

Virtually everything you've seen in this thread since that post has been some level of childish reaction to this legitimate criticism.

But I will say, a guy pretending he's learned these massive life lessons about being the "smartest guy in the room" and purporting to benevolently bestow those lessons to me...is hilariously ironic. So at least I got a good chuckle.

One, I appreciate the legitimate suggestions about improving the podcast and/or getting more listeners. Getting more listeners isn't really high on my radar, but I'm always looking to improve the quality of the podcast.
That's what people aren't getting, here. My bringing up the issue has nothing to do with believing threads on a message board are going to materially impact our listener counts. Trust me, they're not. We have way too many listeners for that to even be a blip on our radar. And I have way too many other things in my life, a real job being one of them, to fight tooth and nail for an extra 0.5% listenership on a podcast whose seasonal revenues barely qualify as weekend money in my budget.

This was, and is, about my legitimately marveling that the policymakers started a policy because it "sounded" nice, got a BUNCH of feedback from regular posters around here saying that they don't really think it should be done this way, being able to see numbers plainly that my kindergartner could interpret, but remaining stubborn because of personal dislikes and the absolute OCD-like need to have everything be in its own properly labeled place.

Virtually everything you've seen in this thread since that post has been some level of childish reaction to this legitimate criticism.

I'm not trying to come across antagonistic or childish.

If you're not concerned with getting more listeners via Finheaven then I really don't see what your issue is with threads being in the podcast forum. I, like many others use the new posts search while browsing Finheaven. I see your threads more often that way than I would is just browsing the Dolphins forum. Let's be honest here, since May of 2018 your threads have made it past 2 pages about five times. That's not a whole lot of discussions. I think if you have a lot of followers here that like to read your input, then maybe you should start participating in these threads. If you build it, they will come so to speak. I think your making a big deal out of nothing and that's me speaking personally, not as a moderator.

Last edited:
If you're not concerned with getting more listeners via Finheaven then I really don't see what your issue is with threads being in the podcast forum. I, like many other use the new posts search while browsing Finheaven. I see your threads more often that way than I would is just browsing the Dolphins forum. Let's be honest here, since May of 2018 your threads have made it past 2 pages about five times. That's not a whole lot of discussions. I think if you have a lot of followers here that like to read your input, then maybe you should start participating in these threads. If you build it, they will come so to speak. I think your making a big deal out of nothing and that's me speaking personally, not as a moderator.

Finally, an adult steps in.

As for the threads not getting much discussion lately, that's a chicken-or-egg issue. I've continued to participate in the threads when they've been moved to the broom closet, and gotten nothing out of it. On the other hand when they were on the main forum, we were often able to continue discussions going in with 20+ replies, even 90 or 100. That's not really possible in the broom closet. I think there's a pretty clear delineation between reads and replies from before the policy went into effect and after and what I just can't get my head wrapped around is how that helps...well, anyone.

Question for the mods, ck brought up earlier all the blog posts which get posted and are often redundant as hell. Regurgitated info that sometimes has like a paragraph or two in the "article" ... if podcasts are having their own subsection, it would be only fair to move those (often) dead threads to their own spot too. I do think there was more discussion going on in this when in the main, which kind of sucks and I get his point. I also get the point of the staff to have it neat and organized. I'm on both sides of the fence here unfortunately lol

Also ck, take it easy on Crump. He's one of the most chill, nicest dudes on the board.

Question for the mods, ck brought up earlier all the blog posts which get posted and are often redundant as hell. Regurgitated info that sometimes has like a paragraph or two in the "article" ... if podcasts are having their own subsection, it would be only fair to move those (often) dead threads to their own spot too. I do think there was more discussion going on in this when in the main, which kind of sucks and I get his point. I also get the point of the staff to have it neat and organized. I'm on both sides of the fence here unfortunately lol

Also ck, take it easy on Crump. He's one of the most chill, nicest dudes on the board.
I sympathize with you on that Travis. I'll be honest so many different articles get posted I don't have time to look at the source all the time. I'll run it past the staff and see what we can do. It may be a time consuming effort to differentiate which are blogs and which aren't, but I will look into the matter.

I sympathize with you on that Travis. I'll be honest so many different articles get posted I don't have time to look at the source all the time. I'll run it past the staff and see what we can do. It may be a time consuming effort to differentiate which are blogs and which aren't, but I will look into the matter.
Oh absolutely. I dont blame you one bit. You guys do a lot for the site! I'm kind of just playing devil's advocate here

Two, I'm not buying any of this "Hey I'm just looking out for YOU, man" bull sh-t, especially when you evidently just got done mining 7+ years worth of tweets to try and find some that you think for some reason would be embarrassing to bring up. I'm not going to apologize or be embarrassed for calling TedSlimmJr an *** 7 or 8 years ago when he had just got done saying that I'm a fraud. We've long since buried it, and it's really none of your guys business. It's between Slimm and I.

And if you're interpreting my "Meh, not really" comment as being a wide judgment of every poster on FH then that's an incorrect interpretation. Simon and I have known each other for 20 years. We both understood what he meant when he asked if there is still "a good guy" at FH and it isn't what you're interpreting. It was much more specific than you think. Sorry to disappoint you, as I'm sure it took some time to mine 7 to 10 years worth of tweets in order to find your "smoking gun".

But I will say, a guy pretending he's learned these massive life lessons about being the "smartest guy in the room" and purporting to benevolently bestow those lessons to me...is hilariously ironic. So at least I got a good chuckle.
Finally, an adult steps in.
Then he should act that way. What he did, unprovoked, was not nice, nor chill.

Screenshot_20190829-151259_Chrome.jpg

sorry finally at home and on my laptop, left work right when this was posted and only hopped on cell phone a couple times while doing my honey do list before our weekend vacation.

You're a twitter user, duh, so that means you know what the above is. THAT is a screen shot of how i saw the post. I was actually curious to if tedslimmjr had a twitter page where he actually had more good takes so i typed his name in on the search bar. Your conversation i posted popped up as the 4th thing when i typed slimm's name into the search bar. I know you puff your chest out as much as you can, and your head cant make it through most doors anymore, but i did not mine your data for 7 years just looking for something negative about you. Sorry i know that hurts a little, but as much as i appreciate your input which i did say above in my long post, you dont mean that much to me.

i dont have a twitter page but i do enjoy checking out what you and the 3ypc guys have to say, my favorite is the piddly twitter arguements tho. if i were to mine your twitter, which trust me i'd love to say i had that much free time on my hand, its like i said above, im sure alot worse would show up, or alot of hot takes that i could point out and laugh about. but i wouldnt do that. the one i posted was even more satirical since yall were arguing in reference to your spot on the site, nothing more, nothing less.

you could go into pofo and find prob a handful of posters here that dont like me. as much as they hate me, they would still say there is NOTHING wrong or childish with anything in that long post, but that i was actually trying to be mature and productive and give you a few ideas how to help your traffic....pretty childish huh. my former job with the company was 50% training, guys from 18-50 i had on my crews. It was so rewarding training them up to be leaders, 3 of my guys went on to be foreman with the country, and my foreman under alot of my advice became a manager. im not so egotistical that im going to say it was all me, bud leaders breed leaders.

Find one dang thing wrong with my post that would not help you with hits, even though you stated you dont care about the traffic financially, you care about it for your ego. And thats friggin awesome, you have a "hobby" that alot of people would love to have as an ocupation and would be envious of you for that. But for you to say you dont care about the traffic is lying your damn ass off or this would've be a big deal and the thread wouldnt be this long.

when i was in college and my waist was 24 inches smaller i used to walk around our co-ed dorm in just my boxers all the time. i was in the gym (which ECU had one of the most state of hte art facilities in NC at the time) 3 hours a day. i was proud of what i had and was showing off, but i wasnt doing it so people could say "aww thats cute, he works out" no it was me trying to advertise myself. Thats what you're doing with your site, you are proud of it and put alot of time into it because you want people to take notice and come back for seconds ;-) You dont want them saying "oh crumps drunk and walking around in his boxers again, sheesh" or "CK is posting another podcast sheesh" you want them to grab that thread and roll with it for awhile. Much like i was told you could get more cut if you would change this or that in my daily routine and i would ignore cause i was bulking like crazy, even tho cut is more attractive, thats why you completely ignore, peoples advice that could improve an already good productive to make better and make people more receptive to it.

so..... since i said my piece for the most part....

didnt mine ya, went over that earlier. your head is just that big that you think someone would. if anything slimm should be pissed i was twitter stalking him... like i said if i mined you and had any ill will towards you you would put me on ignore i would probably point out so much ****.... but hey i said larry shannon would be the next randy moss so **** it, who really gives a ****.....

you know you are met with open hostility from some here still and im sure you still feel the same way about most posters, and you KNOW that. Thats one of the reasons why i said I'd love to see you be one of the guys. if i thought you were a piece of **** that i just wanted to call out, WTF!!!????? would i say it'd be awesome if you were one of the guys with us.

me childish....well i guess im comparing my 19 year old physique to your threads so maybe, but unless im drunk and find myself in threads i shouldnt be in to begin with, i one of the more mature discussion type individuals in here. Reread everything i said outside of the one post where i was joking you for something you said 7 years ago and tell me ONE ****ING THING i said that wasnt me actually giving a **** about you or the site or your podcast. REREAD IT, dont post wesley snipes laughing and saying okay. do you know how ****ing easy it'd be to make a signature with a link to this thread on it so people have a direct link to you all over the site. its ****ing insane as visible as you are how you have never taken advantage of that, borderline childish that you are preventing your website from getting the hits. your ego is too damn big to say thats a great ****ing idea, but he picked on me from something 7 ****ing years ago, to do it.

bestowing information and advice is great. i was prob 24-25 years old before i learned the difference between ****iness and confidence. some people never learn, but its cool. i have to tell my kids all the time that they arent men just cause they have a few hairs around their nuts and have prob have sex even though they've lied about it. told them i probably didnt feel like i was an actual man til i was probably late 20's.

The first thing i said in my second post was "i prob shouldn't posted that tweet but it is what it is" would you have viewed my advice elsewhise?

If you made it this far, all i can say is, i doubt you would've ever said i was a meh poster. i might've not've been one of the most "inside" posters which i mentioned, but i always acted like and showed that i appreciated your input. MAKE A ****ING SIG PIMPING YOUR THREADS! i would honestly help you with it if you wanted. me and @phins_4_ever have bumped heads in the bad forum more times than any poster here back in the days (mainly cause i cant ignore him lol) and he'd turn me down, but i would hunt that sum bitch down if i found out he drove thru my town and didnt stop to at least have a beer with me and talk anything but politics, the same way if any of my buddies asked me about podcast how i'd suggest yours. the same way if anyone on my ignore list randomly pm'ed me and said "hey crump i was thinking about such and such" it wouldnt happen, but i'd give them the best ****ing advice they ever had.

Some of the best advice i ever gave to a coworker (pre-leadership days and pre me-too days...eek) was a dude was stressing over hooking up with summer help before she left off for college. they dated and he hadnt sealed the deal yet. i said, "answer the door with your **** hanging out"...not to be racist but he was a 6'4" black dude, so well i kind of had an idea... he came up to me at work the next rotation, gave me dap and said "worked like a charm" Once again i wouldnt give that advice now a days, but i really want to see every one beyond exceed in what they want to accomplish, and i wouldnt give advice to make me look stupid or them look overly stupid, but for them to succeed in ways worlds past where i've been successful in life........... other than me telling @DisturbedShifty to plant drugs in a vehicle on a night he said was boring... but that was all good fun.

so thats it....Chris i like you, i like your content, i really think if you'd pull that inflated head out of somewhere then you could multiply yalls hits from this site something crazy if you'd take advice and not get your feelings hurt. Cause you know what... i shouldnt maxed out every day on bench, and i shouldnt burnt out everyday on bench, i should've been cut as hell instead of bragging about 20" biceps that werent toned...and i regret it, i would've gotten alot more hits on my pecker back in the days than i did. the ones i did were awesome, but so many more hits and repeats could've came if i would've just taken advice to do more leg days and not rely on raquetball and basketball as my leg workout.

dueces.....

FYI...wtf did we need a clowney special...it was just something else for me to listen to today that EVERYONE is clueless about.... but you know what....link that **** in you sig so it'lll get more hits....

and proud of myself....this childish post required 10 beers from start to finish. 1 hour impressive, bet noone finishes it..

take my advice damnit!

Last edited by a moderator:
The like was for being able to compete that post after 10 beers Crump :hclap:

Guys here's the thing , some good points are being made and can be done without name calling
Talking down the site , moderators or other members is counterproductive as is pulling up long ago history to prove a point

Thinking outside the box like Daytona is the way for all to be satisfied

The like was for being able to compete that post after 10 beers Crump :hclap:

Guys here the thing , some good points are being made and can be done without name calling
Talking down the site , moderators or other members is counterproductive as is pulling up long ago history to prove a point

Thinking outside the box like Daytona is the way for all to be satisfied

I can understand not finishing, but I had alot of good outside the box suggestions besides the joking bout a post from the past. He asked for that, my first post was spot on with ideas and the book reinforced it. And not once did I name call :cool:

I can understand not finishing, but I had alot of good outside the box suggestions besides the joking bout a post from the past. He asked for that, my first post was spot on with ideas and the book reinforced it. And not once did I name call :cool:
I read through it all too. I think we can tell once you started to get a few beers in lol

I didn't read it. Skimmed a few words.

Oh great, a thousand word essay from a guy who has been drinking that basically amounts to, "Ya know what your problem is, buster?"

I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom