Favre move desperate one for Mangini, Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favre move desperate one for Mangini, Jets

it must be nice, but the bottom line is that Beck was never there guy, they chose Henne. They dont have any ties to Beck other than he was left over from last seasons hangover. The only reason he is even on the roster is because the Cameron wasted "the teams" 2nd round pick. Of course they arnt just gonna give it the old heave ho, they would like to say we gave him a look but its not there mistake in taking him, all signs point to the teams displeasure with him from the get go. Maybe they think he can be a good back up who knows. But you dont waste a 2nd round pick on a QB unless you have negative feelings toward what already is there.
Who's bottom line? Yours?

What signs?

Call it whatever you want.

The fact remains that Favre is a major upgrade over both Chad and Clemens any way you want to slice it.

Can you honestly think of a better 1-2 year stopgap than Brett Favre?

If having Favre starting for the Jets doesn't scare you just a little, then your simply a homer of the highest degree.

The Jets are going to have to search for a young, franchise QB regardless. Even if we stuck with Chad/Clemens, neither of them seem to be the answer long term (especially Pennington) and we'd be looking for an heir apparent anyway. Atleast Favre gives us a potential two year shot at a championship while we continue the search.

I disagree. I could look you dead straight in the eyes and tell you that Favre being on the Jets does not scare me whatsoever. It doesn't, and that's just how I feel. I look at the Jets schedule and I see at least four quarterbacks that are better than Favre. Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Matt Hasselbeck, and Carson Palmer. I don't even think I could put Brett in the Top 10 quarterbacks in the AFC.

Call it whatever you want.

The fact remains that Favre is a major upgrade over both Chad and Clemens any way you want to slice it.

Can you honestly think of a better 1-2 year stopgap than Brett Favre?

If having Favre starting for the Jets doesn't scare you just a little, then your simply a homer of the highest degree.

Playing against Favre while on the packers I admit is a tough game. Playing against Favre while on the Jets dose not seem like nearly as much of a threat.

Honestly I would be more worried about playing against Pennington, he has been a Dolphin killer for years.

I never got on the Pace band wagon and still say Gholston will be a bust. I'll take a young Smiley over an old Faneca. I don't know what you are talking about the 3rd for a HOF QB but Trent Green was the last we traded for and that regime is gone. Thank god.
I'm talking about NY paying a 3rd for Favre.

My whole point is that the jets are looking to improve at qb with this move, just like we are by picking up Penny.

This is just the latest desperate move they have made after alot of off-season acquisitions. They spent alot of money on their linemen in DESPERATION

Who's bottom line? Yours?

What signs?
why else would they draft chad. there displeasure with Beck has been from the get go, first Henne, Mccown, looking at Carter, Now looking at Chad Pen, if he was so pleased by Beck why are we looking to improve. Henne has shown he is the better man at TC, you think they want to start a rookie? Im sure if they have to they will but why do it when you can have someone hold onto the reigns while he waits. Apparently Mccown and Beck arnt impressing anyone but the unemployment line. this was suppost to be a competition between only Beck and Mccown, and both men who are suppost to win are getting kicked to the curb by a ROOKIE! Ya that says a lot for those 2 guys. Lets have a little faith in the people running things down here and if they feel they need help then guess what maybe we need a little help until HENNE is ready.

I'm talking about NY paying a 3rd for Favre.

My whole point is that the jets are looking to improve at qb with this move, just like we are by picking up Penny.
I beleive that pick will more likely be a 2. The differance is we picked up picks in trades while they continue to give them up. Signing Chad don't sacrifice the future it buys time. That is the way I see it.:up:

I beleive that pick will more likely be a 2. The differance is we picked up picks in trades while they continue to give them up. Signing Chad don't sacrifice the future it buys time. That is the way I see it.:up:

Oh I agree. I'm ALL FOR bringing Chad in, as the guy costs us nothing and represents a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over McCown :hi5:

As far as the jets giving up a 2, possibly. But gonna be pretty tough to make the playoffs in the AFC

Oh I agree. I'm ALL FOR bringing Chad in, as the guy costs us nothing and represents a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over McCown :hi5:

As far as the jets giving up a 2, possibly. But gonna be pretty tough to make the playoffs in the AFC
I don't care either way on the Chad thing. I do believe he may be a good stop gap, I mean Gus Ferrote has been our best QB since Dan and we never expected that. The Jets may just end up giving that 4th for Favre but they can't draft for crap anyway IMO. They traded the only high pick they got right in the last 5 years (Vilma) this year.

This is just the latest desperate move they have made after alot of off-season acquisitions. They spent alot of money on their linemen in DESPERATION

So the Jets are desperate because they sought to improve the major weaknesses of the team?

You call it desperation, I call it wanting to put a quality product on the field.

The O-line was a big weakness in '07, so we brought in Faneca who is a 7 time pro-bowler and Woody who is a rock solid stopgap on the right side.

The front seven was a big weakness in '07, so we brought in Jenkins who is a legit NT and added Pace/Gholston to improve the passrush.

The QB position was a big weakness in '07, so we brought in one of the greatest to ever play the game who is coming off one of the more efficient seasons of his HOF career.

I call that dedication to improving and doing what it takes to make the postseason and make some noise in the process.

So the Jets are desperate because they sought to improve the major weaknesses of the team?

You call it desperation, I call it wanting to put a quality product on the field.

The O-line was a big weakness in '07, so we brought in Faneca who is a 7 time pro-bowler and Woody who is a rock solid stopgap on the right side.

The front seven was a big weakness in '07, so we brought in Jenkins who is a legit NT and added Pace/Gholston to improve the passrush.

The QB position was a big weakness in '07, so we brought in one of the greatest to ever play the game who is coming off one of the more efficient seasons of his HOF career.

I call that dedication to improving and doing what it takes to make the postseason and make some noise in the process.
Its desperation because of the other offseason moves they made, this just screams it.

You gave up picks for a old unmotivated Jenkins then give up a pick for a old QB that has been in 1 system for 16 years and sucked 2 out of the last 3 years and is the NFL INT. champ. Then you over pay for a one year wonder in Pace and for a 40 year old Faneca. Then you draft the most over rated one year wonder in the draft.:(

Its desperation because of the other offseason moves they made, this just screams it.

You simply can't argue that the Jets just went from a potential 7-9 or 8-8 team to being a potential 10-6 or 11-5 team.

Let's be honest here, if you guys had the pieces on offense that the Jets now have and then added Favre behind center, you'd be going apesh*t.

I don't expect Favre to be the MVP of the league. But I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him post another 4,000 yard, 25 TD season.

The Jets are going to announcing some pretty high licensing fees for the season ticket holders. They need to get some excitement going to make this more palatable for the fans. This is a high profile move that will certainly help.

Back
Top Bottom