Favre move desperate one for Mangini, Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favre move desperate one for Mangini, Jets

Botton line Jet fan is, your team got a bunch of unproven, old, or unmotivated cast offs that their old teams wanted nothing to do with then let teams act like they were interested and over paid.

You gave up picks for a old unmotivated Jenkins then give up a pick for a old QB that has been in 1 system for 16 years and sucked 2 out of the last 3 years and is the NFL INT. champ. Then you over pay for a one year wonder in Pace and for a 40 year old Faneca. Then you draft the most over rated one year wonder in the draft.:(
Seriously if that isnt desperate then i dont know what is....i like how you point out that farve has only been in 1 system for 16 years, Jets come to find he is dumb as dirt and cant learn a new system :sidelol:..that would just make my day.

You gave up picks for a old unmotivated Jenkins then give up a pick for a old QB that has been in 1 system for 16 years and sucked 2 out of the last 3 years and is the NFL INT. champ. Then you over pay for a one year wonder in Pace and for a 40 year old Faneca. Then you draft the most over rated one year wonder in the draft.:(

A 3rd and a 5th for a 28 year old, healthy and motivated Kris Jenkins who can actually be a legit 3-4 NT? Yeah, I'll take that.

We gave up a conditional pick for Favre. It only becomes a 1st if he leads the Jets to the Superbowl, and if that's the case, Green Bay can take the 31st/32nd pick and I'll thank them for it.

Did we overpay for Pace? Absolutely, but he was the best 3-4 OLB on the market, we had the money to spend, and he's a clear upgrade over Victor Hobson.

Faneca is only 31 years old, coming off 7 consecutive pro-bowls, and plays a position where players are well known for playing at a high level well into their late 30's.

There are questions surrounding Gholston regarding his motor. All I have to say is if going all out on only half the plays still gets you the Ohio State record for most sacks in a season, then more power to you. He's not going to start right away and will mostly be used on 3rd down/passing situations this year.

The bottom line is winning in this leage. Nothing is guaranteed over the next 5 years. Being complete meisers in the past allowed the Jets to have significant cap room this offseason. If you have the cash, spend it. If you don't, it's not like it carries over to the next season.

The Jets are showing balls and going for the gold, I like it.

I know some of you think the Jets are gonna make the playoffs, I don't see it. Who place they're gonna take in the playoffs, you already have teams thats gonna make the playoffs. The Patriots, Colts, Jaguars, Chargers, Steelers(maybe), what they're gonna get the 6th spot. You got teams like Denver, Cleveland(improved team), hate to say it, but Buffalo is gonna be good, and Cincy is gonna be competitive, and somehow Tennessee always has a good team. So someone tell me how in the hell the Jets gonna make the playoffs.

I know some of you think the Jets are gonna make the playoffs, I don't see it. Who place they're gonna take in the playoffs, you already have teams thats gonna make the playoffs. The Patriots, Colts, Jaguars, Chargers, Steelers(maybe), what they're gonna get the 6th spot. You got teams like Denver, Cleveland(improved team), hate to say it, but Buffalo is gonna be good, and Cincy is gonna be competitive, and somehow Tennessee always has a good team. So someone tell me how in the hell the Jets gonna make the playoffs.

Exactly. Unfortunately for Favre this is not the NFC and 9-7 or even 10-6 may not get you into the playoffs in the AFC. The Patriots, Colts, Jaguars, Chargers, and Steelers are the top dogs in the AFC. Then you've got that second tier of Cleveland, Denver, Cinncinati, and Tennessee. Good luck in trying to crack into either of those spots.

Botton line Jet fan is, your team got a bunch of unproven, old, or unmotivated cast offs that their old teams wanted nothing to do with then let teams act like they were interested and over paid.

Are you kidding me?

Unproven players? Faneca, Jenkins, and Richardson have a combined 13 pro-bowls between them. Faneca is still one of the better OG's in the league, Jenkins is coming off a year where he was voted as a pro-bowl alternate, and Richardson just helped pave the way for Peterson and Taylor in Minnesota.

Old? I'll give you Richardson but both Jenkins and Pace are only 28 years old. Faneca is 31 which is still the prime years of an interior O-lineman.

Let's not draw straws here, Parcells and the entire Phins organization was going hard after Pace. Supposedly, the Phins offered $20 mill in guaranteed then the Jets added an extra $2 mill to the guaranteed coin and won the bidding war. We absolutely overpaid but he was the best at his position on the market and our passrush was almost non-existant last year.

The Jets had a great offseason on paper, now it's time to see how it unfolds on the field. Nothing is guaranteed in this league, but I like the Jets chances a whole lot better than the Phins this year and beyond.

why else would they draft chad. there displeasure with Beck has been from the get go, first Henne, Mccown, looking at Carter, Now looking at Chad Pen, if he was so pleased by Beck why are we looking to improve. Henne has shown he is the better man at TC, you think they want to start a rookie? Im sure if they have to they will but why do it when you can have someone hold onto the reigns while he waits. Apparently Mccown and Beck arnt impressing anyone but the unemployment line. this was suppost to be a competition between only Beck and Mccown, and both men who are suppost to win are getting kicked to the curb by a ROOKIE! Ya that says a lot for those 2 guys. Lets have a little faith in the people running things down here and if they feel they need help then guess what maybe we need a little help until HENNE is ready.
You know what happens when you assume.

I do have faith and will continue to support all the players, including Beck, until the the people running things says otherwise.

You know what happens when you assume.

I do have faith and will continue to support all the players, including Beck, until the the people running things says otherwise.
well i wouldnt say its much of an assumption. i think they have already said otherwise, mccown, henne, chad penn.

Don't say I didn't tell you so jet fans. You have yet to play a down with your old men and you want us to concide a playoff spot for you? Get real. This is the NFL and year after year someone tries to buy a SB and it hasn't worked for anyone else why will it work for you? We aren't scared and us nor any other team or their fans will concede anything nor give your over spending cradit unless it shows on the feild.

I'm so sick of the desperation angle, I hope the FO and CS are desperate to win- that's what we want! But they are not in desperation mode to save their jobs, they have 1 playoff appearance already in just 2 years, there are a bunch of teams that haven't made the playoffs in 5-6-7-8-9 years. The team made good signings in areas of need, they rebuilt a terrible Ol that now is good. The only old player they brought in was Favre and they felt he gave them the best chance to win this year and hopefully next year. Were the pats deseperate last year when they overspent all offseason? The Giants 3 years ago when they did the same? Come on, this is nonsese.

it must be nice, but the bottom line is that Beck was never there guy, they chose Henne. They dont have any ties to Beck other than he was left over from last seasons hangover. The only reason he is even on the roster is because the Cameron wasted "the teams" 2nd round pick. Of course they arnt just gonna give it the old heave ho, they would like to say we gave him a look but its not there mistake in taking him, all signs point to the teams displeasure with him from the get go. Maybe they think he can be a good back up who knows. But you dont waste a 2nd round pick on a QB unless you have negative feelings toward what already is there.

That is so far off base, don't even bother running it out. Parcells had his biggest, most satisfying success with a QB who wasn't "their guy" and preceded his HC gig by 4 years: Phil Simms. Yes, Parcells didn't particularly want him at first, replaced him with Brunner but saw enough in him to keep him around, despite a season ending injury. And in 1984, we all know the result of THAT!

You can draw many parallels to Beck's situation presently. On the basis that history often repeats itself, especially when the reference point is a satisfying outcome, why wouldn't you think Henne is Parcell's modern Brunner and Beck his potential Simms???

This is not even taking into consideration that Quincy Carter preceded the Tuna in Dallas by 2 years.

Bottom-line, anybody who can win is Parcells' guy.. until proven wrong, like Brunner.

Alan faneca is unproven? Kris jenkins is unproven? Brett Favre is unproven? Woody is unproven at RT and Pace could be a 1 year wonder(though parcells desperately wanted him) but I think we got more proven than unproven and we are alot better today than we have been since '04.

That is so far off base, don't even bother running it out. Parcells had his biggest, most satisfying success with a QB who wasn't "their guy" and preceded his HC gig by 4 years: Phil Simms. Yes, Parcells didn't particularly want him at first, replaced him with Brunner but saw enough in him to keep him around, despite a season ending injury. And in 1984, we all know the result of THAT!

You can draw many parallels to Beck's situation presently. On the basis that history often repeats itself, especially when the reference point is a satisfying outcome, why wouldn't you think Henne is Parcell's modern Brunner and Beck his potential Simms???

This is not even taking into consideration that Quincy Carter preceded the Tuna in Dallas by 2 years.

Bottom-line, anybody who can win is Parcells' guy.. until proven wrong, like Brunner.
But Beck sucks. If it was someone who wasnt Beck with some NFL playability then yes he could succeed with parcells, all im saying is that Beck isnt in the miami dolphins future. Its more about Beck sucking and them having no ties to him then it is being "there guy". if you cant see that then i dont know what to tell ya. Im not blind to whats going on right infront of our eyes. Beck is going bye bye, and when it happens i will be here to say i told ya so.

Parcells wasn't the HC when they drafted Simms but he liked Simms, Simms just had some injury problems early in his career. Simms didn't play at all in '82 and only 10 games in '81. He named brunner the starter in '83 but brunner stunk and he went to Simm sonly to see Simms get hurt agaijn until he finally became durable in 1984 and his career took off.

I agree with what most of you have to say.

Keep in mind Brett Favre turns 39 next month. He threw more INT's than TD's 2 & 3 yrs ago. Given last year was special as he played like he was in his prime, but I think that had to do more with the fact that everyone around him thought he would be retiring.

This is going to be a disastreous move for both the Jets and Favre. It just seems to me that Favre doesn;t really want to be a jet, but ultimatley had no choice.

I wanted to contiue seeing Brett Favre play, but rather in a Packer or another team's uniform, but not the Jets. Brett is a classy guy, it's difficult to hate him, but I will hate anyone on the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom