Favre: Smith Should be the Number One Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favre: Smith Should be the Number One Pick

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Interesting that Bret Favre said he was blown away watching Devonta Smith, saying that Smith, not Lawrence, should be the #1 overall pick.

I think the sauce for this is a bottle of whiskey in Favre's liquor cabinet.
I’m not sure, it is an interesting take. With Favre being a guy that played the same position as Lawrence, and his success being directly related to the ability of guys playing the same position as Smith (he threw to them) - I think his opinion is worth some value. Certainly worth more than the opinions of you or I, especially considering he has performed at a HOF level and played alongside other guys that have performed at a high, professional level.

I think the sauce for this is a bottle of whiskey in Favre's liquor cabinet.
Could be. I thought it was an odd statement, but as a former quarterback he is probably would be drooling to throw the ball to a talent like Smith.

I’m not sure, it is an interesting take. With Favre being a guy that played the same position as Lawrence, and his success being directly related to the ability of guys playing the same position as Smith (he threw to them) - I think his opinion is worth some value. Certainly worth more than the opinions of you or I, especially considering he has performed at a HOF level and played alongside other guys that have performed at a high, professional level.
That's what I was trying to say. You said it much better!

...we can see exactly WHY he was always considered an intellectual giant!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous statement. I’m sure DeVonta Smith will put up all world numbers with Gardner Minshew throwing him the ball. Nobody is taking a WR #1 overall.
Last time a WR went #1 was the Jets with Keyshawn, right?

Devonta Smiths tape is so good. But I think it’s fair to be concerned about his small frame. I know he played in the SEC and against top talent and stayed mostly healthy but NFL is a different animal, a lot of the college targeting calls where players get ejected aren’t even flags in the NFL

Ask Rodgers about he feels about Jordan Love... LOL
The Packers obviously like to have an answer at quarterback well before their starter is finished.

Seems like GB should have brought in another receiver.

That said, maybe Miami should have had an answer for Marino a few years before he retired.

Back
Top Bottom