FB major need | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FB major need

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Looking at our roster (hoping Y Bell resigns) besides FS and ILB i believe our weakest spot (as opposed to want or need) is at FB.

Polite is not good enough for power running game, which i think Sparano wants to employ and make this team similar to old school steelers.

I like the idea but i believe for this to happen and to release ronnie and ricky we need pure blocking FB.

I watched ravens at end of yr and i thght lorenzo Neal laid some gd licks but wld love a young animal of blocker at FB.

I believe this aspect of the game is sometimes overlooked, especially when you consider the RB's who have run behind great blockers like L Neal, Moose Johnston and even more recently D Kreider and M Hedge****.

Cant think of any who are going to be readily available in FA or draft....any names?????

When was the last FB we had who would be considered TOP 10 NFL? ????

FB is often overlooked, and sometimes it can be the difference between a great RB and just a good one but this is not the case now.

If you are going to put emphasis on FB, and it is one of our needs, then you need to find one that is already good. They just aren't often drafted or even kept for very long.

The reason is because they are dime a dozen for the most part. Just like a lot of RBs. Not very many are elite or even close. Willie Parker is not elite, yet he works well in Pitt. Maurice Jones-Drew isn't elite but he fits. I don't think RW is elite... even Ronnie isn't elite. These guys are interchangable if you find the right type.

FB is not the reason for our lack of ability to run consistently well, I would say it is our guard... nduke and allemen. We had a revolving door at guard this season since Donald Thomas got hurt. We will have stability there if our fellas can stay healthy.

Polite was a beast last year, especially when we needed to pick up that extra yard. I don't think Fullback is an issue.

Polite is an excellent short yardage guy, but not always the most realiable lead blocker, Special Teamer, or pass catcher. The Trifecta usually seeks a FB that is more well-rounded.

FA heath evans. rememeber he did block for the NE running game which ran for nearly 2400 yds and was 2nd only to baltimore in yds per game while avg 4.4 yrds/rush in the AFC

Polite is an excellent short yardage guy, but not always the most realiable lead blocker, Special Teamer, or pass catcher. The Trifecta usually seeks a FB that is more well-rounded.
But he damn sure is not the weakest position needing an upgrade.

Do you really think that FB is our biggest need this offseason?

I'd put OL, DT, Secondary, WR all ahead of FB.

The only guy I'd spend money for would be Lorenzo Neal, but if he's not available, or would cost too much, I'm happy with Polite, the dude's a short yardage machine.

Back
Top Bottom