FB major need | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FB major need

woh woh woh - read the post

satale who had gr8 rookie yr has bad mid to end season (everybody raved about him in first game against patriots) has less potential as a centre than polite has as a FB.

Even the guys who compliment polite say:-
gd at picking up 1-2 yards but mediocre run blocker .........i tell you what thats what
the power running teams were all built on. Are we happy with 11-5 or do we want to improve

FB isn't a major need right now. Maybe down the road, but we've got other concerns that need to be addressed first.

Leonard Weaver from Seattle is a FA. And is the best FB on the market. While I dont think it is a huge need he would def open up some holes for Ronnie. HE can catch the ball very well and is a great blocker. He is 6'0" and 242 lbs with the hands of a WR. If we get a FB he would be the best option.

Polite is not good enough for power running game

Probably because our interior line sucks at run blocking. Outside of the wildcat plays, we couldn't open up any holes between the tackles all season. All of our good runs were to the outside, or were draw or trick plays. Anyways, I'm pretty sure Polite is good enough for power running. Wasn't he like 100% on 3 and 1 conversions for the season? He seemed like he got the job done every time coach gave him a shot.

pat kirwan nfl.com

'Don't expect a fullback to be taken in the first three rounds of the draft. However, when the time comes to grab a big blocker who also can catch the ball and occassionally run with it, Syracuse's Tony Fiammetta should be the first to go. Fiammetta would look good with the Dolphins'.
So any knucklehead that makes a ridiculous suggestion you get on the band wagon? Upgrading at FB would be a luxury that we can't afford right now.

I definitely think we need an upgrade at FB. I'm not interested in his short yardage running, I'm interested in his blocking. He needs to be able to be a sledgehammer in front of Ronnie and Ricky, and then be capable at picking up all variety of blizers in the passing game.

Our running game was poor last year in the base package. Given our good QB play, heavy investment in the OL, and exceptional RB tandem; our FB wasn't pulling his weight.

I do not how bad he is at blocking but he is one of the best short yardage FB that I have seen in a Dolphin uniform for just about ever. THey need to keep him around he was money in the bank in short yardage situations and caught alrignt too.

Looking at our roster (hoping Y Bell resigns) besides FS and ILB i believe our weakest spot (as opposed to want or need) is at FB.

Polite is not good enough for power running game, which i think Sparano wants to employ and make this team similar to old school steelers.

I like the idea but i believe for this to happen and to release ronnie and ricky we need pure blocking FB.

I watched ravens at end of yr and i thght lorenzo Neal laid some gd licks but wld love a young animal of blocker at FB.

I believe this aspect of the game is sometimes overlooked, especially when you consider the RB's who have run behind great blockers like L Neal, Moose Johnston and even more recently D Kreider and M Hedge****.

Cant think of any who are going to be readily available in FA or draft....any names?????

When was the last FB we had who would be considered TOP 10 NFL? ????

:crazy: someone definately missed 3/4 of the 2008 season

I'm not interested in his short yardage running, I'm interested in his blocking. He needs to be able to be a sledgehammer in front of Ronnie and Ricky, and then be capable at picking up all variety of blizers in the passing game.

I'd rather we run out of our double TE or 2HB sets rather than have a full time blocking FB. Having 2 good receiving TE or HB's give you more flexibility for audibles and counter plays. We have 2 good HB's, we should have them both on the field at the same time.

I definitely think we need an upgrade at FB. I'm not interested in his short yardage running, I'm interested in his blocking. He needs to be able to be a sledgehammer in front of Ronnie and Ricky, and then be capable at picking up all variety of blizers in the passing game.

Our running game was poor last year in the base package. Given our good QB play, heavy investment in the OL, and exceptional RB tandem; our FB wasn't pulling his weight.
So you blame Polite for our poor running game and not the injuries and lack of depth on the OL?

The only guy I'd spend money for would be Lorenzo Neal, but if he's not available, or would cost too much, I'm happy with Polite, the dude's a short yardage machine.

I agree not to mention I would love to have someone in front of Ronnie as an extra blocker look I love LT but Neal was a big part of his success when he left look what happened.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57241&draftyear=2009&genpos=FB

We can address the issue without a FA signing or the use of a pick.

Jorvorskie Lane is probably not going to be drafted because his team changed their offense last year and he hardly saw the feild.

Jorvorskie is an excellent FB prospect and we may be able to hide him on the PS if he doesn't win the spot outright his rookie year.

He is a little small but just might be big enough.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57241&draftyear=2009&genpos=FB

We can address the issue without a FA signing or the use of a pick.

Jorvorskie Lane is probably not going to be drafted because his team changed their offense last year and he hardly saw the feild.

Jorvorskie is an excellent FB prospect and we may be able to hide him on the PS if he doesn't win the spot outright his rookie year.

He is a little small but just might be big enough.
He's a projected 5th rounder but he is not participating at the combine. Wonder if he is working out at A&M's Pro Day?

Back
Top Bottom