FB major need | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FB major need

FA heath evans. rememeber he did block for the NE running game which ran for nearly 2400 yds and was 2nd only to baltimore in yds per game while avg 4.4 yrds/rush in the AFC

And they ALSO had a few pro bowl players on that offensive line that may have helped:hump:

FA heath evans. rememeber he did block for the NE running game which ran for nearly 2400 yds and was 2nd only to baltimore in yds per game while avg 4.4 yrds/rush in the AFC

Remember when he was ours? and we released him and within 2 weeks he had a 100 yard rushing performance agains us with the patsies? Which one of our stupid ex-coaches was that anyway? Wannstache or Nick satan, the anticoach?

He's a projected 5th rounder but he is not participating at the combine. Wonder if he is working out at A&M's Pro Day?

Yah he is being noticed. He played in the Shrine game and impressed scouts during the week with his soft hands. I haven't seen anyone project him to be drafted though.

Who projected him in the 5th??

We cant keep cycling guys in and out of the FB role. We have polite and he did very well last year. Give him some time to improve his blocking and he will be an excellent FB. I would say FB is the last thing we need to worry about at this moment. I look forward to the day when FB is a our biggest need.

If I remember right Polite was 10 for 10 on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 runs this year.

wait there now - i dont get it - Ron Brown is, as im always told and agree with, one of the TOP 10 Running backs in NFL, and we give our FB the credit for RB getting one yard!!!!!

I agree maybe Polite niche is helping us get those short yards, but, dont we want more than that????????????????????????????

Ill ask the question, as a pure blocking FB, not 1-2 yards, but hitting that block that release's RB/RW to get 5-10 or more yards, how would Polite rank amongst all NFL FB?????? And then ask, wld the steelers of old, The Titans, Ravens and other power running teams be happy with Polite??? maybe im wrong.

wait there now - i dont get it - Ron Brown is, as im always told and agree with, one of the TOP 10 Running backs in NFL, and we give our FB the credit for RB getting one yard!!!!!

I agree maybe Polite niche is helping us get those short yards, but, dont we want more than that????????????????????????????

Ill ask the question, as a pure blocking FB, not 1-2 yards, but hitting that block that release's RB/RW to get 5-10 or more yards, how would Polite rank amongst all NFL FB?????? And then ask, wld the steelers of old, The Titans, Ravens and other power running teams be happy with Polite??? maybe im wrong.

maybe im wrong.???:err:

I guarantee that if Polite was fb for the teams YOU mentioned, he'd be far more productive than he was behind a makeshift Miami Oline!

in retrospect, Polite averaged 3.7 ypc.. More than big names like Jamal Lewis and Joseph Addia. I know the circumstances were different, but Polite is more than just a player who can only get 1-2 yards... not to mention those 3rd and 4th and 1's are just about the toughest yards for a runner to get.

He's great for what we've got going now. Doesn't cost a whole lot, does fairly well, etc. Would an upgrade be nice? Sure, but we really don't need one at this point, and should be focusing our energies somewhere else.

FB is not a major need it is one of the last things that we need polite did a great job for us last year

Looking at our roster (hoping Y Bell resigns) besides FS and ILB i believe our weakest spot (as opposed to want or need) is at FB.

Polite is not good enough for power running game, which i think Sparano wants to employ and make this team similar to old school steelers.

I like the idea but i believe for this to happen and to release ronnie and ricky we need pure blocking FB.

I watched ravens at end of yr and i thght lorenzo Neal laid some gd licks but wld love a young animal of blocker at FB.

I believe this aspect of the game is sometimes overlooked, especially when you consider the RB's who have run behind great blockers like L Neal, Moose Johnston and even more recently D Kreider and M Hedge****.

Cant think of any who are going to be readily available in FA or draft....any names?????

When was the last FB we had who would be considered TOP 10 NFL? ????

Your premise is an oxymoron. FB isnt even a major position in the NFL. Position is evolving to more of an H Back role. TE's often play FB with WHAM blocks and TRAP plays.

Many teams in fact run a single back formation, spread, or shotgun full time.

How can FB be a major need? I just dont get it.

OL is a major need, NT is a major need. FB? FB? :lol2:

Back
Top Bottom