FB major need | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FB major need

QUINN JOHNSON FB LSU... watch his highlights and watch the senior bowl. I wouldnt mind him in the 7th or maybe even the 5th

Lorenzo Neal is available, I wouldnt mind signing him, but I dont see it as a big need because we have Lousaka Polite, he can pick up the short yardage (converted every 3rd down and 4th down last year) and he can catch, he needs to improve on his blocking this offseason, but we dont really need a Full Back.

what is then??
FS, CB, NT and C are most important IMO, then ILB and OLB. Upgrading a guy that picked up 3rd or 4th and short consistently, which we have struggled to do since Shula was in charge I might add, is not very high on the list IMO.

did you watch our games this year?
Shure Polite is no Neal, but he is great on 3rd-4th short situations, and he is a good blocker. Not exceptional, but good. Don't forget that it is quite hard to make good blocks in the middle when your O-line gets overpowered

LOL @ this. we have a bigger need at virtually every position other than QB, TE and DE. we dont "NEED" a FB. it would be nice to upgrade, but you can say that about virtually any position

yeah NO :foundout:
why would we need a FB when when polite had a good 20+ forst downs on 4th down alone
dont post dumb threads about a position that is fine

Looking at our roster (hoping Y Bell resigns) besides FS and ILB i believe our weakest spot (as opposed to want or need) is at FB.

Polite is not good enough for power running game, which i think Sparano wants to employ and make this team similar to old school steelers.

I like the idea but i believe for this to happen and to release ronnie and ricky we need pure blocking FB.

I watched ravens at end of yr and i thght lorenzo Neal laid some gd licks but wld love a young animal of blocker at FB.

I believe this aspect of the game is sometimes overlooked, especially when you consider the RB's who have run behind great blockers like L Neal, Moose Johnston and even more recently D Kreider and M Hedge****.

Cant think of any who are going to be readily available in FA or draft....any names?????

When was the last FB we had who would be considered TOP 10 NFL? ????
this was a very sorry atempt at a thread FB is one of our least needed positions on the team. we have lousaka polite who picked up every 3/4 down conversion i saw him drop very few passes and he is a mediocore blocker. We averaged over 4 yards per rush and our starting guards only played 13 games combined. With a good starting center and a healthy o line we can be a hard nosed football team and save several million dollars on a FB and develope our own

FB a big need? this has to be a joke.......We need help at center,Guard,WR,NT,OLB,ILB a safety and a corner...all those spots need to be taken ncare of before we even think about FB.

Ozzy rules!!

Polite is automatic on 3rd/4th and 1s/inches. At least it seemed that way this year.

i second that... i didnt see or at least dont remember not one time that Lou didnt get us that yard when we needed it.

no need for a FullBack:
1) Polite consistently picks up the HardYard on the gridiron for us
2) Parcells is notorious for using his TE's to replace FB's in blocking situations or for passing out of the backfield
3) Ricky & Ronnie both are excellent @ squeezing through the crease. What they need are inside linesmen that can create the crease to squeeze through
4) We've always got Satele if we really need a lead blocker to move up the middle & destroy a defender :up:

pat kirwan nfl.com

'Don't expect a fullback to be taken in the first three rounds of the draft. However, when the time comes to grab a big blocker who also can catch the ball and occassionally run with it, Syracuse's Tony Fiammetta should be the first to go. Fiammetta would look good with the Dolphins'.

Back
Top Bottom