FB Vonta Leach to visit Dolphins on Wednesday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FB Vonta Leach to visit Dolphins on Wednesday

As long as he doesn't ask too much Leach would be great. He isn't much more than a blocker though so I don't know how many snaps we give him.

As long as he doesn't ask too much Leach would be great. He isn't much more than a blocker though so I don't know how many snaps we give him.

"Leach, who is 31, has rushed for 70 yards on 24 carries, scoring three touchdowns during his nine-year NFL career."

You aren't kidding!

Anytime you can land a player who is the beat at their position you do it. Plain and simple

The Dolphins, which presently have approximately $17 million in cap space, are looking for someone to compete with Jorvorskie Lane for the role as the team's new lead blocker for the team's tailbacks.

Lane, a former Texas A&M standout, made the 53-man roster last season as a former Arena League journeyman, and started five games.

However, Lane continues to battle weight and conditioning issues that have plagued him throughout his football career.

The Dolphins also have Ina Liaina, an undrafted rookie from San Jose State, in camp, and on Tuesday the Dolphins claimed Rodriguez, who was a 2012 fourth-round pick for the Bears.

Philbin has identified "quarterback protection" as one of the team's top priorities for the players in the backfield, acknowledging that blitz pickup was an area the Dolphins struggled with last season.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...chs-free-agency-tour-20130611,0,1959368.story

Sign Leach, dump Rodriguez. Let Leach and Lane fight it out for the position. Toughest FB wins!

Any reports of lane showing up out of shape? All this interest in the fb position makes me think the coaching staff has lost confidence in lane.

Good fit.

when news of leach trade or release broke 2-3 days ago , i said we should have a look at v leach ,
my only question was does he suit our offense old style/pure fullback!?

we do need a good blocker,short yardage guy ,and he aint that bad a pass catcher either cause j lane play slid down the stretch last year

Back
Top Bottom