FB Vonta Leach to visit Dolphins on Wednesday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FB Vonta Leach to visit Dolphins on Wednesday

Yeah, sign Rodriguez and then release him the next day without even seeing him practice. That's a brilliant idea!

Happens all the time.

edit:

apparently he has said he would rater sign for the Texans, will be interesting to see how things go today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would definately help our run game. I'm not sure how much he'd be in for pass protection vs. the RB, but regardless, he'd improve our offense and make us a better team overall. Obviously our coaches do not like what they've seen so far, so this would be a great addition for us.

I'm all in for signing Leach. He is the best blocking FB in the NFL, and a big upgrade over Lane. A few stats to consider.

Last year he played almost half the snaps, 357 on run block and 64 in pass protect. Don't have a breakdown on how he did on each but, overall he had 8 good games and 8 average ones.

As a receiver, behind the line he caught 6 of 6 for 7 yards. Between 0 and 9 yards, he caught 21 of 23 for 167 yards with 2 drops.

As to money, we would save $480K on Lane, and could save $400K in the cap by signing him to a minimum vet contract, aside from any signing bonus.

I wouldn't mind signing him. It would be a good way to augment the running game which could be more important than people think.

E! E-C! E-C-U! but yeah hes not signing the vet minimum like above. i'd love to have him cause from my alma mater but hes not overly a huge fit here. I think a lot with the ZBS scheme its less about the FB opening up holes in a power formation. that Is where leach excels and is best in game at. we're not gonna see a lot of I-formations or offset I formations. would he be an upgrade over lane...most definitely. he can do everything lane did better, but with the salary increase and for the amount of touches/lead blocking he'd get for us it would be money not necessarily well spent. but nothing wrong with another superbowl ring on roster.

E! E-C! E-C-U! but yeah hes not signing the vet minimum like above. i'd love to have him cause from my alma mater but hes not overly a huge fit here. I think a lot with the ZBS scheme its less about the FB opening up holes in a power formation. that Is where leach excels and is best in game at. we're not gonna see a lot of I-formations or offset I formations. would he be an upgrade over lane...most definitely. he can do everything lane did better, but with the salary increase and for the amount of touches/lead blocking he'd get for us it would be money not necessarily well spent. but nothing wrong with another superbowl ring on roster.

CD, he can sign a vet minimum, and a signing bonus is separate for the $400K cap discount.

when news of leach trade or release broke 2-3 days ago , i said we should have a look at v leach ,
my only question was does he suit our offense old style/pure fullback!?

we do need a good blocker,short yardage guy ,and he aint that bad a pass catcher either cause j lane play slid down the stretch last year

Yea he fits, we have the same zone running scheme they used in Houston with him, and he was Aces there. I say we do it, give Miller a solid lead blocker and our run game will be leaps and bounds better. I didn't like what I saw out of Lane last year his best attribute to me was his pass catching ability as a FB, but really that's not what you need out of your FB

Leach leading Gillislee in short yardage situations will be money in the bank.

Leach opening huge gashes for Miller will also be nice.

Scheffter just said, on ESPN, that he is in Miami, and the team wants him.

Don't know who he would be blocking for, just know that it will be much better doing it than anyone we have.

Apparntly 7 teams have contacted him, if we want him he needs signed today. If he leaves the facility without a deal and is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparntly 7 teams have contacted him, if we want him he needs signed today. If he leaves the facility without a deal and he is gone.

Yeah, he is in demand. Hope Ireland closes this deal. He will make a difference.

Happens all the time.

edit:

apparently he has said he would rater sign for the Texans, will be interesting to see how things go today.

Media now reporting the texans are interested but the dolphins "really want him" - must really value the fb position

Back
Top Bottom