FB Vonta Leach to visit Dolphins on Wednesday | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FB Vonta Leach to visit Dolphins on Wednesday

My guess is the Texans will work out a deal with him. Houston is where he wants to be.

Well, I thought that was the most likely scenario too, until I saw this:

"He wants to be there. He likes the area and they have a young team that could use a veteran leader like him," Vitolo said. "Coach Sherman and Philbin have had him so they know what he brings to the table."

According to Ralph Vitolo, Leach's agent, his client will wrap up his visit with Miami Wednesday afternoon. After taking a physical and taking to Miami's coaches and executives Leach plans to fly back home to North Carolina and consider all his offers before making a decision about his future.

South Florida's NFL team has been the most aggressive team pursuing the three-time Pro Bowler.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-dolphins-are-aggressively-pursing-vonta-leach-20130612,0,5168571.story

Remember, we didn't feel too good about the Dustin Keller situation either when he first left without a deal.

My guess is the Texans will work out a deal with him. Houston is where he wants to be.
If we offer a lot more money than the Texans, I'm sure he can be persuaded.... JI might even throw in a t-shirt with the new logo.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

And call your Grandma for her advice

I do like the Fins in 11 Personnel this year. Hartline, Wallace, Gibson, Keller and Miller will be their most effective formation. However, Leach is an excellent lead blocker that is better than anyone on the roster.

Leach was due a $3M salary this year, and had 1 more year on his deal, which the Ravens could not re-negotiate, although they would still like him back. The Giants are also in the mix. How much does everyone think he is worth?

The other best blocker I wanted in Bradshaw signed with Indy.

Look what he did for Arian Foster in Houston, you sure would love to see him doing the same thing for Lamar Miller here in Miami.

They say he is in NC now thinking it over? Well tell me where to go - Ill drive there now to close the deal!!!

He would help just about everybody on O - brings a bunch of talent to an almost forgotten position.

They say he is in NC now thinking it over? Well tell me where to go - Ill drive there now to close the deal!!!

He would help just about everybody on O - brings a bunch of talent to an almost forgotten position.

Just thinking that Leach would add over 100 yards rushing, over 15 first downs, and a few TD's which we would not have without him. Agree or disagree?

Just thinking that Leach would add over 100 yards rushing, over 15 first downs, and a few TD's which we would not have without him. Agree or disagree?

The TDs would be ones he'd open up holes for. I thought I read he has 3 TDs his entire career.

Leach is gonna go where he is most comfortable. He has his Super Bowl ring, and is considered the best at what he does. If we can land him great, if not, no ill will.

Would love to see him signed, but there's a few too many teams that could use Leach right now. We will probably have to pay him a little bit above market in order to sign him ... and as a multi-year deal as well.

Back
Top Bottom