Feeley = 2005 2nd/ 2004 3rd / 5-year, $18 million - $5 million bonus | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley = 2005 2nd/ 2004 3rd / 5-year, $18 million - $5 million bonus

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

I don't know if Henson will be better, nobody dos, but the point is there are enough people that think he has the chance to be, along with Rivers

And why can't Feely be given that benefit of the doubt??

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan

Im no math major, but 5 years at 18 million is roughly about 3.7 million dollars.. Not exactly what you call a back breaking contract..

It's a lot of money for an unproven player.

Scouting Report from the Pro Football Weekly 2001 Draft Guide
6'3 220 5.1

Was Oregon's #3 QB behind Akili Smith and the Heady Jason Maas in 1997-98. However, he did see some action in four games in 97 and six in 98. Started the first eight games in 99, but a nerve problem in his right (throwing) elbow and other injuries hampered ihm, eventually costing him his starting job. Never could challenge the talented Joey Harrinton for the starting job in 2000 after suffering a badly pulled stomach muscle during two-a-days.

POSITIVES: Good size and stature. Looks like he should be sturdy, and showed he would play hurt in 99. Played well in the first half of the 99 season. Finished the year completing 136-259 for 1951 yard and 14 TD with 6 INTS and at one point was one of the top rated passers in the country. Has a solid NFL arm when his elbow was healthy plus a high, quick release. Played very well in the 99 Washington game. If you go off that game he looks like a first day draft pick.

Negatives: Only got a little game action in 2000 when he completed just 5-13 for 87 yards 0 TD 0 INTS. Is not very mobile. Has only limitied college esperience. At times lacks accuracy on his longer passes. Tends to fumble the ball. Does not always seem to have a firm grasp of the offense.

Summary: Possible sleeper. Looked like he was going to be a pretty good prospect in 99 before he go hurt. If you watch the 99 Washington game you can really fall in love with him.

everybody relax

i think we are getting him just to have a QB somewhat better than Feilder, since we all know that he can't do anything for us. I think they will try and draft a QB (Hopefully Rivers) or maybe pick up Ricky Ray, and let them sit on the bench for a year or two. We would rather have a Vet QB to help the young QB but their aren't any left so Feely will have to do.

Im no math major, but 5 years at 18 million is roughly about 3.7 million dollars.. Not exactly what you call a back breaking contract..

For a third stringer it sure as hell is.

Originally posted by canesandphins1
Scouting Report from the Pro Football Weekly 2001 Draft Guide
6'3 220 5.1

Was Oregon's #3 QB behind Akili Smith and the Heady Jason Maas in 1997-98. However, he did see some action in four games in 97 and six in 98. Started the first eight games in 99, but a nerve problem in his right (throwing) elbow and other injuries hampered ihm, eventually costing him his starting job. Never could challenge the talented Joey Harrinton for the starting job in 2000 after suffering a badly pulled stomach muscle during two-a-days.

POSITIVES: Good size and stature. Looks like he should be sturdy, and showed he would play hurt in 99. Played well in the first half of the 99 season. Finished the year completing 136-259 for 1951 yard and 14 TD with 6 INTS and at one point was one of the top rated passers in the country. Has a solid NFL arm when his elbow was healthy plus a high, quick release. Played very well in the 99 Washington game. If you go off that game he looks like a first day draft pick.

Negatives: Only got a little game action in 2000 when he completed just 5-13 for 87 yards 0 TD 0 INTS. Is not very mobile. Has only limitied college esperience. At times lacks accuracy on his longer passes. Tends to fumble the ball. Does not always seem to have a firm grasp of the offense.

Summary: Possible sleeper. Looked like he was going to be a pretty good prospect in 99 before he go hurt. If you watch the 99 Washington game you can really fall in love with him.

Sounds a little like Brian Griese. :( :nono::

I just went to wal-mart and came home 2 hours later and I see our team has done it again. Are we a joke or what?And it could actually be a 1st rounder? I'm f@$&$^)ing speechless.

Ozzy rules!!

And why can't Feely be given that benefit of the doubt??

We have seen his regular game stats. There isn't much about this season on Feeley other than the Pre season. Here is a little info on a game he played this past year. Got the story from the Eagles site:

"On came A.J. Feeley, with less than five minutes remaining in the half. Feeley, as he has done throughout the preseason, took advantage of his opportunity, leading a 6-play, 49-yard drive, culminated by Akers' 40-yard field goal.

The highlight of the drive was Feeley's 39-yard completion to Lewis down the right sideline. Lewis caught the ball in stride and then carried a pair of defenders for a few extra yards.

But Feeley wasn't finished. After the defense held, Feeley ran the two-minute drills -- or should we say the 44 second drill -- to perfection as the Eagles took over at their own 36-yard line."

Here is the link:

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by PhinPhreak

I don't know if Henson will be better, nobody dos, but the point is there are enough people that think he has the chance to be, along with Rivers, and once again the typicl moronic though process of the Fins FO is to get that secret superstart that nobody else in the league know about, I don't recall reading about anybody knocking the Eagles door down trying to get Feely.

i can only reply with Jake Delhomme Phreak.
I dont like the money though on this. it spells more likely we are done looking for a rookie QB in the first round. For all those looking for your WR, looks like were getting one.

Originally posted by finfan54

I dont like the money though on this. it spells more likely we are done looking for a rookie QB in the first round. For all those looking for your WR, looks like were getting one.

I would of agreed with Jake, I thought he was a good QB when he was in New Orleans, I thought that was a great pickup for Carolina and figured he would be starting soon. I of course can't say I thought hat the Panthers would be in the SB.

Hell I would even not of minded if they had gotten Bouman, now theres a guy withs some arm strength.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Sounds a little like Brian Griese. :( :nono::

I dont see how you get BG out of that writeup Ice. i think he actually is more like Fiedler except he can run a West coast offense.

Originally posted by finfan54

I would be fine with Feely if they were still going to draft another QB and let them fight it out, and if Feely won great, but I doubt they will do that now.

How does this mean the door is closed on Henson? I thought we were offering a third next year that could turn into a one. If feely is a second, and Henson is a third or one... then we could get both.. I want both.. This could be nice..

Feeley will be your starting QB, get some O-line for him and another WR.

Back
Top Bottom