Feeley is being judged unfairly | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley is being judged unfairly

korl68 said:
Since there is SO MUCH division about Feeley why don't we keep the subject about the top QBS in the draft and weather they are worthy of drafting 1st or 2nd.

We could go on forever with the Feeley debate and the only answer to that question is 12 months away.
dude, I totally agree.....I am not a fan of Feeley by any means, but I got tired of the debate so I stopped....its not worth it, considering nobody was going to change my mind about AJ, and I wasnt going to change theirs

korl68 said:
Since there is SO MUCH division about Feeley why don't we keep the subject about the top QBS in the draft and weather they are worthy of drafting 1st or 2nd.

We could go on forever with the Feeley debate and the only answer to that question is 12 months away.
The subject of this thread IS Feeley.

KB21 is famous for his player evaluations and I am interested in his opinion about what he sees that has changed his mind about AJ Feeley.

IRC, he was one of the few people who initially defended AJ Feeley with glowing scouting reports and now he seems to have seen something that makes him think we are wasting our time. I'm just curious to find out what that is.

inFINSible said:
Since I don't see any QBs there with the exception of maybe David Carr that are head and shoulders better than Feeley let's go a different route....

What exactly about Feeley is it that makes you think he cannot be a franchise QB?

He makes the same mistakes over and over again, and he doesn't make enough big plays to offset those mistakes.

KB21 said:
He makes the same mistakes over and over again, and he doesn't make enough big plays to offset those mistakes.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I saw improvement in both those areas as the season went on.

inFINSible said:
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I saw improvement in both those areas as the season went on.

IMO, it's hard to throw interceptions when all you are doing is settling for short dump offs and passes to the flats. 4.8 yards per attempt over the last 4 games.

KB21 said:
IMO, it's hard to throw interceptions when all you are doing is settling for short dump offs and passes to the flats. 4.8 yards per attempt over the last 4 games.
un huh...yeah......m'kaaaay, I'm gonna need you to go over something that we haven't discussed already....thaaaanks. ;)

J/k....it does get redundant though....I'm sure we'll continue this another time...:)

KB21 said:
I have come to the conclusion NOTHING you can say or show will change anyones mind about Feeley.

korl68 said:
I have come to the conclusion NOTHING you can say or show will change anyones mind about Feeley.
You're right.

But let me tell you one thing....You want to know what Feeley is capable of??

Look at the New England game.

OBVIOUSLY, he can get the job done.

And before you start saying that the whole team was ready for that game, you're right....including Feeley.

THAT's what he's capable of.

inFINSible said:
You're right.

And before you start saying that the whole team was ready for that game, you're right....including Feeley.

I hope he proves you right! I would be happy to be wrong about him.

inFINSible said:
You're right.

I want to try to be objective in this post, and its not meant to bash AJ....

I would totally agree with you about what he was capable of if he was facing Ty Law and Tyrone Poole.....but, he did this against Randall Gay and Asante Samuel with Troy Brown at nickel

Injuries are never an excuse for the Pats, nor should they be for any team, but there is no denying that there is a significant dropoff from Law and Poole to the other guys

inFINSible said:
You're right.

If he had completed 65% of his throws and thrown for over 300 yards in that game, then you might have something. As it is, against New England, Feeley threw the ball 35 times and had only 198 yards passing. Miami got the benefit of playing with a short field on most of their scoring drives in that game.

Dudeman said:
I want to try to be objective in this post, and its not meant to bash AJ....

I would totally agree with you about what he was capable of if he was facing Ty Law and Tyrone Poole.....but, he did this against Randall Gay and Asante Samuel with Troy Brown at nickel

Injuries are never an excuse for the Pats, nor should they be for any team, but there is no denying that there is a significant dropoff from Law and Poole to the other guys
It wasn't David Boston catching the winning TD either. ;)

KB21 said:
If he had completed 65% of his throws and thrown for over 300 yards in that game, then you might have something. As it is, against New England, Feeley threw the ball 35 times and had only 198 yards passing. Miami got the benefit of playing with a short field on most of their scoring drives in that game.
Except for that 68 yard drive late in the fourth quarter, Pressureville, USA.

And as important as TOs are in the NFL, isn't it all about taking advantage of what you're given?

inFINSible said:
Except for that 68 yard drive late in the fourth quarter, Pressureville, USA.

And as important as TOs are in the NFL, isn't it all about taking advantage of what you're given?

It isn't all about taking advantage of what you are given. That's the definition of a game manager. Playmakers make plays happen.

Back
Top Bottom