Feeley Rattay Comparison | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Rattay Comparison

fishypete said:
Sorry if your trying to compare the two....you can't. No way can anyone think that the 49ers played against the harder teams...the best team in their division was only 9-7. Considering the Dolphins didn't have a running game....didn't have a O-line worth a hoot....and only have one receiver capable of being something more than just taking up space...adding also, you have a new QB playing in his first season...getting his brains knock out each game and a coaching staff that was the joke of the NFL....and Feeley still beat the Pats...I'd sure say....we're a hell alot better off than the 49ers and having Rattay.

Thanks for skipping half the facts of the argument. Secondly, who CARES! Facing someone doesn't mean you did well against them. How come Rattay ripped the Seahawks up, while Feeley blew the game against them and had a 50 rating?

Jaj said:
Thanks for skipping half the facts of the argument. Secondly, who CARES! Facing someone doesn't mean you did well against them. How come Rattay ripped the Seahawks up, while Feeley blew the game against them and had a 50 rating?

Actually their stats aren't all that different vs. the Seahawks...one of the major diffs is that Feeley threw 10 more passes.

darkmistress said:
Actually their stats aren't all that different vs. the Seahawks...one of the major diffs is that Feeley threw 10 more passes.

A 95 passer rating compared to a 55 passer rating isn't that different? That's news to me :confused:

Jaj said:

Your missing some points....first it's a team effort....no QB can win alone...how many games did Feeley play hurt? How many handicaps can a QB have and be expected to win....even Marino with some the best receivers lost games...and seems to me....when the Dolphins defense brought pressure to Brady....he fell apart too....remember the stupid pass going down..that led to the Dolphins win....all QB's when pressured make mistakes. If you really look at most of the good QB's that are playing now....most if not all....didn't fair well their first season. P. Manning his first season had 26 tds/ 28 int, D. McNabb his first season had 8 tds/ 7 int....both taken in the first round...and both played with alot better talent than what we had last season. My best advice is forget last season....it was a total waste...and doesn't count for anything...but a lesson learned.

Jaj said:
A 95 passer rating compared to a 55 passer rating isn't that different? That's news to me :confused:

2 ints to 1 (the second of Feeley's was thrown on an attempted last minute drive for the win) and Feeley ran for one of his two tds that's why there's such a diff...

fishypete said:
Your missing some points....first it's a team effort....no QB can win alone...how many games did Feeley play hurt? How many handicaps can a QB have and be expected to win....even Marino with some the best receivers lost games...and seems to me....when the Dolphins defense brought pressure to Brady....he fell apart too....remember the stupid pass going down..that led to the Dolphins win....all QB's when pressured make mistakes. If you really look at most of the good QB's that are playing now....most if not all....didn't fair well their first season. P. Manning his first season had 26 tds/ 28 int, D. McNabb his first season had 8 tds/ 7 int....both taken in the first round...and both played with alot better talent than what we had last season. My best advice is forget last season....it was a total waste...and doesn't count for anything...but a lesson learned.

If you think Feeley had handicaps go to a niners board and ask what challenges Tim Rattay went through...

Jaj said:
If you think Feeley had handicaps go to a niners board and ask what challenges Tim Rattay went through...

Why? I'm a Dolphin fan...and can care less about Rattay or the 49ers. Believe me...the 49ers fans think as I do.

fishypete said:
Why? I'm a Dolphin fan...and can care less about Rattay or the 49ers. Believe me...the 49ers fans think as I do.

You simply just to ignore the main point of the argument. If Rattay is not getting a free pass in 49erland and is probably being replaced then why isn't Feeley who was less impressive getting one here with better talent around him? ;)

Jaj said:
You simply just to ignore the main point of the argument. If Rattay is not getting a free pass in 49erland and is probably being replaced then why isn't Feeley who was less impressive getting one here with better talent around him? ;)

Better talent around Feeley...O' you mean the defense's he had to play against. Yes they surrounded him all right. :eek:

fishypete said:
Better talent around Feeley...O' you mean the defense's he had to play against. Yes they surrounded him all right. :eek:

Go see the games that Feeley shared with Rattay (I.E. Seattle, Arizona...)

You'll see the difference.

Jaj said:
Go see the games that Feeley shared with Rattay (I.E. Seattle, Arizona...)

You'll see the difference.

The point is moot....Feeley will be the Dolphin starter...Ferrotte will be his backup and more than likely the Dolphins will acquire a later round QB to develop. Just like Saban has said...from the beginning.

I copied this from the game link, the "did he start in the Arizona game" question. What does "GS" mean ? game started?

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD

Jaj said:
Are we gonna give the first year in the system argument if Feeley bombs this year too? :mad:

Wait a minute wasn't it our friend Brian Griese's first year in T.B. this year? Ahah what was his passer rating? 97.5? His OL was only slightly better than ours, basically our OL's end of the year form. He had one receiver healthy the whole year in Clayton. He had no TEs whatsoever. Sure their running game was somewhat better than ours, but that's a friggin 35 point passer rating difference. I mean that's HUGE...

Lol.. This is humorous logic.. How about Griese's first year in WANNY's Dolphins system? He had a GREAT RB, all the weapons around him, and a better OL than the 04 version.. What was his passer rating then? Thats right.. a 69.2.. And that only because they dont accept Fumbles into the equation.. Should have been worse.

Jaj said:
At the end of this season I would have definitely said that I was a Feeley supporter, however at this point I've begun to really doubt him. What made me doubt him the most was Tim Rattay. Yes Tim Rattay of the 49ers.

- Tim Rattay had worse receivers than A.J. Feeley
- Tim Rattay's offensive line was piss poor, it was considered to be worse than Feeley's.
- Tim Rattay had no running game whatsoever either.
- Tim Rattay had an injury prone Eric Johnson at TE while Feeley had his favorite target of Randy McMicheal all year long.
- Tim Rattay's offensive system was very poor as well.

So what's my point other than giving sympathy for Rattay's situation?

Rattay threw just as many TDs as picks, and had a 60.9 accuracy.

Feeley on the other hand had 11 TDs and 15 Ints, and had a 53.7 accuracy.

Tim Rattay put up a respectable 78 passer rating! Feeley put up only 61.7!This guy is no older than Feeley, he has no more experience than Feeley. He was picked even later than Feeley in his respective draft (2000, Feeley was 2001). Tim Rattay's team was worse than our team, yet when he was not injured he was quite a bit better QB.

Tim Rattay is about to get the boot in S.F. with almost no questions asked. Feeley on the other hand is being given unwavering support. Why is that? Somebody please explain to me...

P.S. for the comment that Feeley is improving, to what mediocrity?

I'm not sure I would agree that Feeley is being given unwavering support, Saban has already basically put a journeyman free agent on an even keel with him, and I suspect our quarterbaack of the future will be drafted in a couple weeks.

I don't believe Saban will put any limitations on himself in drafting a QB based upon bad trades made by Spielman, if he believes in a QB he's scouted I think he will take him.

Back
Top Bottom