Feeley Rattay Comparison | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Rattay Comparison

Dolphinfan_7 said:
ok how can you compair feeley to tim i mean tim has played longer and knew there system and Aj really didnt get to work with the first string b/c wanny was allways kissing fiedlers *** but towerd the end of the season the line started to block and he got the fill of things and started to make good decions with the ball i think since feidler is know gone saben will let Aj work with the 1st team a lot and come next year he will be better i mean we gave fiedler 4 years i think Aj at least deserves one more shot and people has to give him credit he played hurt and that takes guts expecially with the line we had last year.

thanx:wink:
Yeah well AJ's been in the league for 4 years compared to rattays 2 so who's got more experience. Aj had training camp to learn the offense. Hes garbage just like he was in philly. :fire:

Jaj said:
It doesn't matter if you know the system and you have **** around you. That's really a laughable argument and so far it's the only one. By the way Ken Dorsey put up a higher rating than Feeley although that comparison is closer :lol:

Actually it's quite a valid argument...

It's like sitting for an algebra exam when you know bugger all about maths, or like sailing solo around the world when you've never even set foot on a boat.

It seems like you are basing this entire thing on Rattay's performance against the Jets.. Well, thats foolish imo.. You cant base a guy off of one game.. There are many circumstances that go into a performance. For instance, when was the game played? What were the injuries on both teams? Sometimes good teams have a letdown and let inferior talent take advantage of them.. For instance, The Patriots vs us.. Brady looked miserable.. Worse than Feeley that day.. You just never know. Just because Rattay had a good game against the Jets one day, doesnt mean he wouldnt suck it up the next.. Any given sunday.. Just look at the Dolphin games against the Jets this past year. The first game was somewhat competive, the second game was an absolute slaughter..

Rattay rocked Arizona and Seattle something Feeley could not do.

By the way your logic would say that we should look at the season as well... a season. The best way is by passer rating. Rattay trumphed Feeley, and Rattay was injured for quite a few of his last games. That brought down his passer rating quite a bit, so Feeley having a hip injury is no reason to believe Rattay had an advantage over Feeley.

Jaj said:
Rattay rocked Arizona and Seattle something Feeley could not do.

By the way your logic would say that we should look at the season as well... a season. The best way is by passer rating. Rattay trumphed Feeley, and Rattay was injured for quite a few of his last games. That brought down his passer rating quite a bit, so Feeley having a hip injury is no reason to believe Rattay had an advantage over Feeley.

Feeley barely played Arizona, and he did pretty decent against Seattle imo, considering it was his first start in awhile and he had a sick hip injury to limp through during it..

Nontheless, its somewhat useless to compare players performance against same teams because there are too many extraneous factors involved.. I just dont think players should be compared against each other period.. Just go off of what you see in the player you are observing.. If you feel that you see progress, that there is hope for true improvement, to become a good, productive starter, thats all that really counts really.. So what is your perception of that player based on what you saw of him? Thats what you should go with... Not merely stats with no context as a backdrop, and not comparisons against other players that cannot truly be gauged properly.

Comparing players is an exercise in futility. Each game stands on its own merits. Each game is its own reality. The Arizona Cardinals on one day are not the same Arizona Cardinals the next and so on..

Boik14 said:
Doesnt change the fact aj showed NOTHING last year. the only thing we're winning with him at Qb is last place and more top 5 picks.
Yeah, but that doesn`t change the fact that most everybody on here loves him....why, I don`t know. Just hope to God, Gus opens up as the starter.

Goin` Deep said:
Yeah, but that doesn`t change the fact that most everybody on here loves him....why, I don`t know. Just hope to God, Gus opens up as the starter.

Lol.. Honestly, why you would hope to god for GUS FREROTTE to start is beyond me... Why not hope to god that Feeley actually gets a handle on the offense and impresses in his second year as starter? That would make alot more sense, considering he has more potential, was our 2nd round pick, and is younger.

SkapePhin said:
Lol.. Honestly, why you would hope to god for GUS FREROTTE to start is beyond me... Why not hope to god that Feeley actually gets a handle on the offense and impresses in his second year as starter? That would make alot more sense, considering he has more potential, was our 2nd round pick, and is younger.
Because Gus will be the better QB in this new offense.

darkmistress said:
that doesn't really answer Skape's question...
What do you want me to say...that I`ve seen all of AJ that I want to see? Gus has run this offense successfully, therefore I THINK he`ll be the best choice.

darkmistress said:
that doesn't really answer Skape's question...

Then again if the second year in the system argument is being used why not start Frerrote then? :o

Goin` Deep said:
I am hoping so!

SkapePhin said:
How about cause Frerotte has a rating over 100 in Linehans system in minny and has already shown he knows it? Yeah thats a good reason. Thanks genius.

Back
Top Bottom