Fiedler out next week/Jay has a broken thumb | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler out next week/Jay has a broken thumb

I'm comfortable with our team's chances if either Jay or Ricky get injured, to be perfectly honest. I'm of the belief that Robert Edwards could have 1000 yard season and be everything he was in his rookie season. I'm also confident that Lucas, in his first real chance to play a full game, will put up rather impressive numbers.

If Jay picked two weeks to get injured, he couldn't have picked a better time. We play a game against Buffalo in which Jay was not going to be asked to do much, and when he does do something its against the Buffalo defense. Now Ray can be in that position.

The quote from WQAM was ""his nuts don't fit in that stadium if he threw that last pass with a broken thumb".

Boom!!

Lucas will have the great advantge of noone seeing a reg season game tape of him as a Phin. Norv should get him rolling out and running the ball and throw short when he is not handing it to Ricky

Originally posted by BillsMan80
Yeah, but this is not the old Drew Bledsoe. This is a motivated, and a different Drew Bledsoe. A rejuvinated one.

Picture this: Drew throwing less TDs and more INTs than he has been throwing lately. That's what you're going to see next Sunday.

Re: Re: Re: Fiedler out next week

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I'm with you Ozzy.

This team can win with Ray. We'll be playing a Bills team that sucks against the run at home in the heat of Miami.
It's a good time for him Jay to get an injury out of the way with the Bye week coming after next Sun.

If Ricky was out, then I'd be worried.

As long as the Fins don't overlook the Jills they'll take care of business.

I really like Ray Lucas, not saying he should be the starter because IMO he never really won the job. He played great this preseason, and thats a good thing.

If Ricky can get some yards I expect to see a couple of deep throws. It is his strength. His weekness would be accuracy with the short ones.

But Ray Lucas has showed real class, backing up Jay Fiedler to the Media, and I think the team will rally with him in there.

Go Ray

I hope you're right Ozzy...

Originally posted by Ozzy

I really like Ray Lucas, not saying he should be the starter because IMO he never really won the job. He played great this preseason, and thats a good thing.

If Ricky can get some yards I expect to see a couple of deep throws. It is his strength. His weekness would be accuracy with the short ones.

But Ray Lucas has showed real class, backing up Jay Fiedler to the Media, and I think the team will rally with him in there.

Go Ray

We pulled out a win with Huard in 2000 against the Colts. I think our guys will rally behind Lucas. He's about as good as you can get for a back-up QB in this league.

We'll be fine.

Originally posted by BillsMan80
Well, now we can stack the line and go against your passing game which looks worse by the minute.

Norv will tear your D(If its really a defense) a new pie hole.

Or they will try and fail like Mike Shanahan and Weis of the Patriots......

With Fiedler's toughness and competitiveness he may try to come back to early. Let it heal, Jay.

Hey congrats on the Bills winning a close one, Wow they almost lost to the Texans, WOW! you must be thrilled that your team beat such a good team as the Texans, man it sure was close wasn't it?
That defense Bledsoe faced is awsome and he beat them up bad!
And HEY lets not forget about how well the Bills defense played against a stout powerhouse offense like Houstons with that rookie QB Carr.
Well see you next week. :biggrin:

:shark:
Bills :evil: he he he

Re: I hope you're right Ozzy...

Originally posted by Oliver

Well, playing at home should ease things for Ray. The crowd will be behind him thats for sure.

Jay's injury might be a lot more than we know, the thumb of all things!!

I herd an interesting interview with Ray on QAM this afternoon. It was Ray giving total props to Jay for being a real smart person, one who has helped Ray learn the plays every day. He was saying that no one knows how smart this guy is, he knows the playbook already. Not just his job in it but everyone on the fields (which is kind of his job too). That playbook is very thick!! In less than a year he knows his job!

Back
Top Bottom